Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2011, 07:35 AM

3 posts, read 8,219 times

Advertisements

Moving from Tampa to Orlando with my 5yr old & 9yr old. Planning to rent a house/townhouse. My job is at John Young Pkwy & Sand Lake. Was told to check Dr. Phillips and Windemere - both areas were very nice.

Possible dilemma... My 5yr old is very bright and has a late bday. He is in private school in Tampa since public schools don't allow 4yr olds to start kindergarten. So far, I have only found one private school near my job that will allow him to start 1st grade this fall at age 5. The school is in Hunters Creek.

I drove around the area and it looks nice. The nearby elementary school for my 9yr old also seems great (still researching). Interested in what local residents know about Hunters Creek. Don't want to relocate my family and be disappointed.

Appreciate any feedback about schools, safety, accessibility, etc. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2011, 01:45 PM

27 posts, read 200,340 times
Hunter's Creek is a great area. I spent a lot of time there during an internship at the middle school which is also an awesome school!! All of the parents are really involved in the community and in the schools. Also the kids are pretty great too but I could be biased lol From what I have seen it is a safe community and everything you could need ammenity wise is very nearby. Also from where you said you would be working, it is about 10 minutes from the heart of HUnter's Creek. As far as accessibility, you are a couple minutes within 2 major highways and 10-15 minutes within I4. Good luck!

Old 04-03-2011, 08:07 PM

174 posts, read 456,513 times
We live in the neighborhood adjacent to Hunters Creek and you're going to LOVE that area. We have 2 boys, 6 and 4 and there is plenty to do around here. You have The Loop for shopping and a Super Target very close for groceries. There are plenty of Dr's around and you're going to be very close to where you're working.

If you check my other posts, I always recommend this area to people moving here I you have any other questions, you can post them here or you can private message me.

Good luck!

Old 04-06-2011, 06:57 AM

5 posts, read 12,107 times
Can I make a general recommendation...kids grow up fast...check the HIGH school. It may seem far off to you now at your kids ages, but it isn't.
I am not saying the High School in Hunter's Creek area is bad...I just know there are some that may be better ( maybe winter garden/dr phillips areas)... I am not going to get into High School evaluations...I just want to say that often people only look at elementary and/or middle schools when they have young kids. And good elementary/middle school doesn't guarantee good high school. Be aware of school boundaries wherever you look to purchase

Old 04-07-2011, 11:03 PM

32 posts, read 73,246 times
Default Hunters Creek

I lived in Hunter's Creek and loved it! It was probably the only area I would pick to live in Orlando besides Winter Park which is pricey....or Winter Garden. It's a clean cut community that is nearby everything you would need.

Old 04-10-2011, 07:40 AM

3 posts, read 8,219 times
Thanks so much for your feedback. Yesterday I looked at homes in the area and you were right on point! It seems extremely family-friendly and I think it is a great neighborhood for my family to initially plant our feet.

Old 04-10-2011, 11:43 AM

41 posts, read 79,594 times
We live in Dr. Philips Love it! Near everything yet far enough away to have major traffic issues. Very convenient. Hunters Creek is good but does have real heavy traffic during the morning and afternoon commute. OBT and John Young are the main feeds from your work. John Young would be the one you would probably take and traffic is really bad during rush hour. We don't have that issue in Dr. Philips. We used to work at Sand Lake and John Young.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando