Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2010, 03:52 PM

78 posts, read 259,479 times

Advertisements

Hi all, again I live in 34741 zip code, rt across from the loop....I love my area as well. I'm rt off Osceola Pkway. Almost bought in HC
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2010, 04:29 PM

284 posts, read 985,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kissimmee lady View Post
Hi all, again I live in 34741 zip code, rt across from the loop....I love my area as well. I'm rt off Osceola Pkway. Almost bought in HC
Do you have kids and if so what schools do they attend and how are they ?

Old 01-03-2010, 05:07 PM

43 posts, read 113,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kissimmee lady View Post
What school district are you in?

Old 01-17-2010, 08:18 AM
WNY

14 posts, read 46,196 times
Been a lurker for a few months now, but it's time to start asking a few questions....

We are brand-new buyers for Hunters Creek, and I'm confused about a post I read in https://www.city-data.com/forum/9146219-post8.html that in zip code 32837 "stay west of John Young and south of the 417". We would appreciate it if someone could let us know the reasons.

A few houses we've looked at are to the north of the 417 - Los Palma Vista, Entrada, etc. That neighborhood seems just as nice as the streets to the south such as Olde Kerry Dr. and Hook Hollow Circle. I must be on overload but cannot figure out why we should stay south of 417.

Thanks for any info! (Great forum, everyone; I've learned a LOT so far).

Old 01-17-2010, 10:09 AM

5,779 posts, read 14,580,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WNY View Post
Been a lurker for a few months now, but it's time to start asking a few questions....

We are brand-new buyers for Hunters Creek, and I'm confused about a post I read in https://www.city-data.com/forum/9146219-post8.html that in zip code 32837 "stay west of John Young and south of the 417". We would appreciate it if someone could let us know the reasons.

A few houses we've looked at are to the north of the 417 - Los Palma Vista, Entrada, etc. That neighborhood seems just as nice as the streets to the south such as Olde Kerry Dr. and Hook Hollow Circle. I must be on overload but cannot figure out why we should stay south of 417.

Thanks for any info! (Great forum, everyone; I've learned a LOT so far).
People who stay south of 417 are paranoid people who think that just because the neighborhoods north of 417 and east of John Young are hispanic heavy that they're crime infested rat holes. This is not true

I have lived in several different subdivisions north of 417 and east of John Young for years and I can tell you a lot of these neighborhoods are very safe and filled with many good people of various races. I'll list some different subdivisions worth looking at that are north of 417

Crystal Glen - Located near John Young and Central FL Pkwy. This subdivison has been around about 10 years

Whisper Lakes - Whisper Lakes Blvd runs between John Young and OBT. The subdivision has been around since the 1980s

PepperMill - If you come from John Young you would turn left onto Menta Street, or if you're coming from OBT you would take Pepper Mill Blvd
GingerMill - Entrance is only off OBT at GingerMill Blvd, identical to PepperMill
Both of these subdivisions were built in the early 1980s

Deerfield/Heritage Place - At John Young Deerfield is to the east and Battles Blvd (the entrance to Heritage) is on the west side of JYP. Heritage Place is newer then Deerfield but Deerfield (more specifically Deer Hollow) has nice houses, some even nicer then Hunter's Creek. Deerfield opened around 1991-1993, Heritage Place around 2000-2002

Crystal Creek - A brand new subdivision located at John Young and Menta Street, the name changes to Crystal Creek Blvd after you cross John Young

Sky Lake South - The oldest of all the neighborhoods in 32837 north of 417. It was built in the late 60s/early 70s and has the most affordable housing of all the neighborhoods in 32837. This may be the only neighborhood considered to have a bit more crime. Though I've never had a problem in this area, and it seems pretty quiet actually. You can go to this neighborhood from Waterbridge Blvd via South OBT

Might I also mention for those looking to buy these neighborhoods are quite affordable. Compared to Hunter's Creek which is still expensive even in this market.

Also dont let the OBT term scare you. OBT in this area is fairly nice. It was recently widened about 5 years ago and has a relatively brand new look to it with many various businesses all kinds of businesses you can think of. 32837 is the best area in Orlando IMO, safe, affordable, away from the tourists, great people, great schools, great location, pretty much anything you want shopping wise is not too far away, pretty much anything you want in general isnt too far away.

good luck to you

Old 02-25-2010, 02:46 PM

1 posts, read 3,055 times
Hunters creek safe?????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You gotta be kiddin me!!!!!!!!!!!

Been living in this area for 6 months. They have stolen 3 of my kids bikes and wheels and tires from my son's car.

Hunters creek safe................think again!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-25-2010, 04:06 PM

129 posts, read 246,515 times
al62
What part of Hunters Creek are you in?

Old 02-25-2010, 11:09 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,580,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andygump5 View Post
al62
What part of Hunters Creek are you in?
hunters creek has a very high property crime rate, violent crime is extremely low in HC and is actually considered on of (if not THE safest) in unincorporated Orange County

Orlando crime rates and statistics - Neighborhood Scout

If you look at the areas shaded in the darker blues the safer a neighborhood is

Of the big 5 bottom blue pieces, Hunters Creek is the 2nd from the left. Rated 95 of 100, meaning Hunters Creek is safer then 95% of other neighborhoods in America

The only area that was rated higher was an area designated as "Bee-Line Expressway" which in the overview includes the 32825, 32828 and a portion of the 32822 zips

Hunters Creek is 32837 only

Old 11-12-2011, 01:43 PM

17 posts, read 72,549 times
What about the aubudon villas i want to buy a condo to live there ut us safe i saw one at villanova but i cant afford it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando