Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2007, 05:31 PM

31 posts, read 104,954 times

Advertisements

can anybody tell me how the schools are in kissimme? or does anyone know where there is really great school close to that area. also I have heard celebration has excellent schools can you attend celebration schools and live in another town.we are moving to the area in july from Mass and have a son going into his sophmore year. any help will be great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2007, 05:52 PM

14 posts, read 93,004 times
KISSIMMEE IS A VERY SOUTHERN LIKE TOWN, A LOT OF REDNECKS AND RUDE PEOPLE HERE, COST OF LIVING IS WAY TOO MUCH,GOVERNMENT DOESN'T CARE ABOUT RESIDENTS , ONLY TOURISM IS IMPORTANT TO THEM , MOST RESIDENTS ARE LOW WAGE DISNEY EMPLOYEES , SALES TAX IS 7% ONE OF THE HIGHEST IN FL,THERE ARE NO GOOD PAYINGS JOBS HERE SINCE MOST JOBS ARE IN THE HOSPITALITY INDUSTRY,TRAFFIC IN KISSIMMEE IS VERY BAD SINCE THERE IS ONLY ONE ROAD FOR THE WHOLE CITY HWY-192

A LOT OF HOMELESS PEOPLE IN THE AREA BEGGING FOR MONEY SPECIALLY AROUND THE DOWNTOWN AREA,I WOULDNT RECOMMEND MOVING HERE TO MY WORSE ENEMY.
Kissimme crime is high! At night all you hear is load people and cars. You don't need a stereo in your house because you will usually hear someones booming bass in their car about every minute. Good luck if you are trying to move here, save yourself a headache and stay away rom the Kissimme and the Orlando are in general

Old 03-16-2007, 08:48 PM

8 posts, read 36,579 times
Wink Different State same views!

It seems to me no matter where you live, there will be crime,noise, and a lot
of hussle and bussle. I live in Hartford,CT. And we are one of the highest crime
cities around. I am trying to relocate down south. My mom moved to Georgia, and my dad and stepmom live in Hernando,Fla. They are one of the many Disney employees. They travel 2 hours every day back and forth to work. It seems rediculous to me. He left a great job here, for peanuts. But the cost of living here in the northeast is outrageous. I am a single mom of 3, a widow trying to
make it. But unfortunately I am not one of the lucky ones. I use to live in New Port Richie near Tampa. I love Florida, always had great experiences there. I hope you have a great one as well. But, I guess you have to really get it straight from those that live there. Good Luck!
Bonnie

Old 03-17-2007, 05:44 AM

1,594 posts, read 5,282,442 times
I personally love Kissimmee. I have lived here my entire life and have seem move from the "redneck" town of the 80's to the meltingpot that it has become today. Yes, crime has gone up but so has the population and in comparision to Orlando crime in Kissimmee is not bad at all. There are some great neighborhoods still that have affordable housing (in comparision to the rest of the state). One of the best Elementary schools is Pleasant Hill and the area is booming. It has some really great areas in the section of town. Celebration does have great schools. It has a K-8 and a High School and they are very highly rated and you do not have to live in Celebration to go there - there are quite a few "cheaper" neighborhoods that are zoned for these school and you can also try to get an out-of-zone.

Old 03-17-2007, 05:59 AM

442 posts, read 2,913,034 times
its hard to get out of zone...that is one reason my son goes to private school...besides the obvious of the failing school system as a whole....
we live in "kissimmee" and we are moving ...we liked it here 8 yrs ago.. but Traffic and Crime are on the upswing...sure we get loads of tourists and that accounts for SOME of the Traffic..but i don't think to many tourists get up at 5 am to drive to disney!...
you should really come down here and shop around..go into the local stores in the area you want to live see what kind of people are going into these stores...there are alot of undesireable areas of Kissimmee..I would stay away from the downtown/192 area if Kissimmee

Old 03-17-2007, 05:07 PM

31 posts, read 104,954 times
thanks to eveyone for your help
autumnlee

Old 03-18-2007, 02:44 AM

48 posts, read 262,670 times
Lived in Orlando all my life. Kissimmee has changed sooooo much. US 192 is crazy. Crime and traffic is high. As with any city, there are realllllly bad parts but nice parts too. If Kissimmee and St. Cloud joined together as one city, I think it would better for both of them.

Old 03-24-2007, 01:05 PM

170 posts, read 571,291 times
I would steer clear of Kissimmee and head for Celebration. Kissimmee is full of crime, traffic jams and rude drivers. If you like rap, go to Kissimmee.

Old 09-11-2008, 08:53 PM

1 posts, read 4,060 times
Default I agree!!

I have lived in Kissimmee for the last 12 years and yes I agree, way too many rude and inexperienced drivers and also very rude people! I know exacltly when I am in my town when I get off the 417 just by the way people drive!

Old 09-12-2008, 09:18 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,184,922 times
I have never seen so much rudeness and confusion of traffic laws. I guess there are too many people driving there that are tourist related or really need to stick with renting a cab.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando