Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2006, 10:44 PM

25 posts, read 89,370 times

Advertisements

Help

Relocating from Miami to the Kissimmee area. We were wondering if anyone has heard of the homes in Poinciana Village (subdivision). We are looking for a nice community to start a family with homes close to 300k. Any suggestions on other communities? And does anyone know if the traffic is worst then the one we have here in Miami?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2006, 05:49 PM

44 posts, read 275,389 times
Default I'm the one to talk to....

Left Miami 7 yrs. ago. HAVE NEVER REGRETTED IT FOR A MINUTE. Raised two kids through middle/high school here in St. Cloud (next door to Kissimmee). My 36 mile drive to Orlando to work is about 50 min. vs. my 20 mi. ride from S. Dade to downtown Miami was over an hour (on a good day!). In general, people are friendlier here than Miami. I have no doubt it was a better place to raise kids.
Poinciana has a large hispanic population if that's desirable to you. It's growing fast, but is quite a drive to Orlando for instance. St. Cloud is still small town (pop. apx. 25,000), but is growing in the country areas. lots of ranchers selling out and developers building. We have WalMart, several chain restaurants, hospital. My house if for sale $235k, 1/3 acre in sub division 3 mi. out of town. I would say the neighborhood is as desirable now as when i bought here There are new homes w/smaller lots in area starting apx. low $300's, if that gives you any idea of what you're options are up here. My property taxes are around $1,200.00. Let me know if any questions.

Old 09-02-2006, 08:26 PM

13 posts, read 194,362 times
I would agree with the above also. We just moved to St. Cloud and we really like it. There are lots of nice new subdivisions here that are being built. Close enough to the major "attractions", yet it still has a small town feel to it.

Old 09-08-2006, 11:47 PM

65 posts, read 341,262 times
I am also planning to relocate to Kissimmee/Orlando from Miami. Any good (safe, friendly, American) areas near the theme parks (where I plan to work)? How good/bad is public transportation? What are average rental prices? Celebration looks like an ideal location, but I heard it's expensive?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Old 09-12-2006, 01:46 PM

4 posts, read 13,391 times
This is exactly the question I had. We are considering relocating from Hollywood, Florida to the Poinciana area. Can anyone tell me what the job market is like for a legal assistant. My daughter is in kindergarten and I've been told that the schools in Osceola and Polk county are good. Is this true? Also when I hear that there are a lot of hispanics is this a negative? I was born and raised in Miami and I am hispanic but we did leave DAde County for Broward for that reason. Any information anyone has on the Poinciana area I would appreciate.

Old 09-13-2006, 10:02 AM

65 posts, read 341,262 times
Many folks who live in North and Central Fl are ex-Miamians who moved to get away from huge Hispanic populations.

Old 10-02-2006, 06:33 PM

44 posts, read 168,595 times
We are in the same frame of mind. We want to leave Miami. This is just
too overcrowded and there is alot of rude rude people here. We are thinking of leaving to Central Florida area, we still are not sure exactly where.

Old 10-02-2006, 07:24 PM

75 posts, read 269,971 times
Default no not Poinciana...

hi sylvias
I live in Kissimmee...my whole life actually.....I live about 7 miles from
Poinciana.... back when Kissimmee was a cowtown...it is no more...
It has a huge hispanic population-fyi ---- I don't know who told you Osceola
and Polk schools are good...which is not the case....I chose a private school
because the schools are not good. I don't recommend living in Poinciana--
years ago it was considered a nice place to live...but traffic out of there
every morning is total gridlock...for a paralegal job you may want to consider
Orlando as you may get paid more....but you know Florida--the pay is not great....I would recommend St Cloud over Poinciana. or even try Hunters creek almost to Orlando newer homes and great shopping....
good luck. forgive me for my ignorance but if you are
spanish why do you want to get away from hispanic population? just curious?:

Old 10-02-2006, 07:30 PM

hey bunnywabbitt
Celebration is really nice....they have shopping and a small movie theatre.
a bank and some nice stores...however,,,,, it is soooo expensive....I have
a friend who lives there....so just bring lots of money with you.
not too sure about public transportation...we have it...but Kissimmee has gotten so big...I think it would be better to rely on your own car!
celebration is very touristy too.
Kat

Old 10-02-2006, 07:41 PM

Smile other areas

Hey Ana
Try Hunter's Creek which is literally right on the Orlando- Kissimmee line.
Plenty of homes and/or apartments...not sure of your need. There is a
new movie theatre and nice shopping with restaurants. Dr. Phillips area is
also very nice....a little expensive...but nice....you can look into St. Cloud
it is a growing city. my brother lives there and seems to like it...
I also have several friends that live there....
Kat
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando