Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2012, 05:36 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,577,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moo Du Kwan View Post
"very few residents in HC can even speak English"

LOL.....You're joking, right?
Mostly white people live in HC....And it's not even close.
I worked at the Hunter's Creek Publix for 2.5 years, Im just basing my statement off what I saw in my customers at that store. English speakers were definitely in the minority
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2012, 07:46 PM

24 posts, read 63,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
I worked at the Hunter's Creek Publix for 2.5 years, Im just basing my statement off what I saw in my customers at that store. English speakers were definitely in the minority
I'm not doubting you......But, I live here NOW....And I can say for certain, that there are WAAAAY more white people here than Hispanics. Just sayin'.

Old 05-31-2012, 04:52 AM

1,531 posts, read 3,100,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonAccent View Post
I'm not doubting you......But, I live here NOW....And I can say for certain, that there are WAAAAY more white people here than Hispanics. Just sayin'.
We're discussing Hunters Creek in FL, not Idaho. Hispanics are "white" (caucasoid) (sp) but are of Spanish heritage/extraction. And they are in the majority here.

Old 06-02-2012, 12:28 AM

41 posts, read 78,433 times
CNN is a Democratic political news station. Of course if there is anything involved with helping Disney they are behind it.

Doesn't Disneyworld give or sell everyone's fingerprint data and names to the government? That would give the government access to not only American citizen fingerprints, but foreign citizen fingerprints including name matching. And all done legally.

Rent before buying is better since you can get your own opinion of the area.

Old 06-05-2012, 03:19 AM

24 posts, read 63,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 912 View Post
We're discussing Hunters Creek in FL, not Idaho. Hispanics are "white" (caucasoid) (sp) but are of Spanish heritage/extraction. And they are in the majority here.
lol
Wait.......What?!

Old 06-05-2012, 11:05 AM

5,779 posts, read 14,577,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 912 View Post
Having moved back to Hunters Creek from Las Vegas 4 months ago I can see my comment was a little exaggerated

I live about 3 miles north of HC in Whisper Lakes, it is definitely majority hispanic here. In Hunter's Creek, I'd say its more even between the two though I still say white people in HC are a minority. There are also sizable Asian, East Indian, and African American populations

Who cares whether or not white people are in the majority in HC or not? Im white myself and I dont care. Hunter's Creek is a beautiful community full of friendly well to do people of all races and is a very desirable place to live

Old 06-05-2012, 11:32 AM

570 posts, read 1,153,408 times
What's so great about Hunter's Creek? There is absolutely nothing special about that place.

Old 06-05-2012, 11:49 AM

97 posts, read 228,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
As a former resident of Hunter's Creek, I definitely agree its a great place to live, but I do think CNN got excited with its Disney and attractions proximity

Its not as great as CNN makes it out to be though. I saw Hunters Creek go downhill during the economic meltdown from 2008-2010 when I moved to Vegas, very few residents in HC can even speak English and there is an increasing problem of illegal Asian immigrants cramming into homes there

(according to a former Publix coworker, ICE raided one home in the Vistas community and found 15 illegals living in a 2000 sq ft house)

Still, I'll take Hunters Creek over Pine Hills or Washington Shores for sure

If I were to live in Orlando again though, I'd probably choose Waterford Lakes
You are entirely correct in your Hunters Creek assessment.

However, save yourself some additional misery by avoiding Waterford Lakes. Same story as above quote.

Old 06-05-2012, 12:13 PM

4,584 posts, read 4,196,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g0gat0rs View Post
What's so great about Hunter's Creek? There is absolutely nothing special about that place.
I would agree ... cookie-cutter, boring ...

Old 06-05-2012, 03:05 PM

5,390 posts, read 9,693,411 times
wow because some magazine wrote a goofy article on Hunter's Creek, it must be a premier destination!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando