Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2011, 08:07 PM

1,268 posts, read 2,998,937 times

Advertisements

I live just south of Sarasota on the west coast, and it feels much more comfortable here in the summer than in Orlando where I also lived for 10 years. The difference is the "Gulf breeze".
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2011, 12:29 AM

2,363 posts, read 5,201,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete C View Post
The high in Orlando is 82 today...not 87.
UH maybe downtown but around where I stay it was 87.

Old 02-22-2011, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Orlando vs South Florida is almost no different in the summer. I grew up down there and it feels every bit as hot and humid...in fact the sun is slightly more intense down there. The temperatures are slightly higher in Orlando, yes by a couple degrees, but having experienced both there is almost no difference...hot and humid is hot and humid. Now, winter is a different story. Central Florida winters are amazing, and far superior to South Florida which barely dips into cool temperatures.
Completely Subjective Yes? I absolutely hate Central Florida winters. Who wants a Bipolar forecast seriously? Not only that the cold snaps kills much of our crops and tourism so no, it is not amazing in the eyes of everyone.

I do agree about the Hot and Humid. Its the same in South Florida as Orlando, Orlando just feels more wet as South Florida feels like the sun is right next to you making an activity like walking intense.

Old 02-22-2011, 12:33 AM

Quote:
The high in Orlando is 82 today...not 87.
You do realize the best way to take a Temperature in Orlando or Central Florida is through your own thermometer? They take the averages of ALL cities included in the Metro count and thats how we get our 'Fore casted" high temperatures/ rain chances/ and lows. The temperatures in Orlando usually are higher than given on any news station or website. Just something I observed over the years here.

Old 02-22-2011, 10:48 AM

392 posts, read 1,552,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fabolous View Post
yes, generally. but jacksonville is recorded as the hottest city in the state. ironically, it is the farthest north... and just as far east on the water.
I've noticed that the hottest summer days in Jacksonville are when the wind comes out of the west or northwest. It keeps the seabreeze from coming inland and pushes that hot Georgia air into Jacksonville.

Old 02-25-2011, 09:29 PM

56 posts, read 334,916 times
hmmmmmmmm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando