Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2010, 11:43 AM

26 posts, read 95,238 times

Advertisements

Moving to O.C. Job on S. Harbor Blvd., in Anaheim. Question: where to live? Is Laguna Beach or Newport Beach too far?

Have high school-aged kids (will use public h.s.); middle/upper middle class; looking under $1.5M.

Suggestions/Info/Advice?

Thx.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2010, 12:07 PM

7,226 posts, read 22,191,740 times
Fullerton (Troy High), Anaheim Hills (Canyon High), and Yorba Linda (YL High) all come to mind as nice upper scale communities that are much closer to your office than the cities you mentioned. You'll also get a lot more for you money in these communities compared to the beach area.

Old 01-28-2010, 12:12 PM

Thanks! Greatly appreciated!

Old 01-28-2010, 12:49 PM

5,113 posts, read 19,760,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRinSM View Post
Fullerton (Troy High), Anaheim Hills (Canyon High), and Yorba Linda (YL High) all come to mind as nice upper scale communities that are much closer to your office than the cities you mentioned. You'll also get a lot more for you money in these communities compared to the beach area.
Pretty much nailed it.

If you want coastal, you can go coastal(or near-coastal), but the commute becomes worse(especially past the El Toro Y(405/5 junction)). That said, depending on where in Anaheim your job is, there is a rail that comes from South OC up through Anaheim(also hits Fullerton if you want to come down from there, but that's not a bad commute at all already). Locations in South OC would be Irvine, Aliso Viejo, Mission Viejo, etc

Old 01-28-2010, 12:58 PM

3,004 posts, read 6,272,821 times
I live in Los Feliz and work in Anaheim; that's something you DON'T want to do.

I always recommend Fullerton. Same areas as BRinSM. There are some really nice older homes (1920's and 30's) in what's called Golden Hills. There's also Villa Park which is by Anaheim Hills. But if you like newer construction houses, I'd say Irvine/Costa Mesa.

I would love to live in Laguna, but wouldn't want to deal with the drive.

Old 01-28-2010, 01:33 PM

171 posts, read 581,915 times
North of Anaheim is Garden Grove, Cypress, and Buena Park. Cypress is nice, as are parts of GG and BP. However, you said your job is on Harbor Blvd. Where exactly? It might not be a pleasant commute from one of these cities to Harbor depending on its location.

Old 01-28-2010, 01:36 PM

7,226 posts, read 22,191,740 times
I should have also included Brea in my previous post.

Old 01-28-2010, 01:42 PM

1,962 posts, read 4,483,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRinSM View Post
There are other parts of Anaheim as well......will you visit before you come out?

Old 01-28-2010, 02:32 PM

Not sure my earlier post made it.

Thanks to all who replied.

Old 01-28-2010, 02:37 PM

I've lived in Cal (San Fernando valley), have family in San Diego, been to Newport Beach on business and attended a wedding in Dana Point. I'm not all that familiar with Anaheim, though (attended an Angels game is about it).

I'll probably rent somewhere first and then send for the fam. I just don't want to make a very big mistake as it's such a large decision. Hopefully, I'll find a nice community with good schools and everything will work out.

Again, thanks - especially you greybeards!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County