Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2008, 07:09 PM

9 posts, read 24,269 times

Advertisements

Hey,
I have been searching for awhile and had no luck finding out what i need to know.

In march me and my friend are moving to newport beach, or real close by areas and were wondering what the cost of renting a 2 bedroom, furnished house/apartment (doesnt have to be anything fancy or even nice..)
we are just looking for something along the beach, if not within walking distance.
We are hoping to find something in the range of $1500 or less, which we will split amongst ourselves. (please tell me if i am stupid to think i can get something for that price).
We are also only going there for 2 - 3 months and need it to be a month to month lease.

Will all of this be an enormous challenge for us, or do we have a good shot?

let me know, it would be greatly appreciated.
and if you have any info or know of anything or anyone in the area that is looking for someone to rent, message me at keegannicol@hotmail.com or just reply in this thread.

Thanks so much!

-keegan
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2008, 07:12 PM

11,715 posts, read 40,468,264 times
$1500/mo within walking distance of the beach on a short term rental? Good luck with that. Maaaaaybe if you doubled that.

Old 11-04-2008, 07:27 PM

**** eh..
true true, i get where your coming from..
but do remember im not looking for anything big.. or nice.
haha.
honestly its just for sleeping,
it can be like just 2 small bedrooms and a bathroom.
and doesnt have to look that great.

Old 11-04-2008, 07:36 PM

11,715 posts, read 40,468,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keegannicol View Post
**** eh..
true true, i get where your coming from..
but do remember im not looking for anything big.. or nice.
haha.
honestly its just for sleeping,
it can be like just 2 small bedrooms and a bathroom.
and doesnt have to look that great.
Beach = expensive

Now if you wanted nice or large, that would cost extra. A lot extra.

Old 11-04-2008, 11:01 PM

5,113 posts, read 19,774,501 times
your price is what a standard 2bed costs in a decent area not on the beach. on the beach you're looking at a lot more. cheapest beach cities to rent in would be huntington and costa mesa, but you wouldnt be on the beach. you could find a short bike ride or jog distance to the beach for that price maybe, but 2bd may be pushing it i would think.

ive seen the occassional 2bd open up in seal beach in the main street area for 1600-2000/mo with a 1 year lease.

Old 11-04-2008, 11:36 PM

575 posts, read 1,778,882 times
A month to month rental near the beach in March = you're going to be paying vacation rental rates. Sorry, but I don't think you'll find what you're looking for in your price range.

Old 11-05-2008, 02:41 AM

3,853 posts, read 12,871,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscapeCalifornia View Post
Beach = expensive

Now if you wanted nice or large, that would cost extra. A lot extra.
Also super crowded, no parking, small streets.

Old 11-05-2008, 09:03 AM

30,708 posts, read 79,865,756 times
When I lived in Newport Beach, there were some Austrailians living in a tent on top of the building next door to our apartment. You might be able to find someone like that and rent space in their tent for $1500/month.

There is an off chance that you could find a studio Apt within a few blocks of the beach for you price range. How well do you like your friend?

You can probably rent a decent aprtment inland and drive to the beach.

Old 11-05-2008, 09:09 AM

53 posts, read 206,797 times
You need to do more research. I grew up in socal and just moved out of Ca. It is sooo expensive there. A one bedroom is around $1400.

Old 11-05-2008, 09:26 AM

thanks for all of your replies..
i read all of them and i understand now a little more of what im looking at..
again, my plan was that if i werent able to find something for that price in newport that i would look elsewhere along the beach such as huntington beach, etc.

my friend is into the film the industry and wanted to stay close to L.A because of the opportunities and plus he knows a few people, but i on the other hand wanted to be more closer to the beach and possibly closer to tijuana... for drinking reasons, aha.
so we are both kind of want to stay somewhere along the beach between those two areas..
anybody possibly know of some towns that are decent with nice beaches but aren't to costly?

.. again thanks for all of your help and replies.

-keegan
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County