Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 09:59 AM

5,113 posts, read 19,764,799 times

Advertisements

huntington is your best bet. its probably the cheapest beach community with a nice beach.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2008, 10:57 AM

101 posts, read 283,552 times
Where are you coming from? Why not just move to LA. Venice has a lot of holes in the wall. You also might want to try SJC. Its ghetto beach, but you will find the rents are a lot less than Newport.

Why anyone would want to come to OC let alone CA these days is beyond me

Old 11-06-2008, 12:31 PM

9 posts, read 24,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhcompy View Post
huntington is your best bet. its probably the cheapest beach community with a nice beach.
right on huntington does seem like a good area plus it is located right between L.A and TJ. and as well like 20 minutes from newport.
Thanks!

Old 11-06-2008, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAMelanie View Post
Where are you coming from? Why not just move to LA. Venice has a lot of holes in the wall. You also might want to try SJC. Its ghetto beach, but you will find the rents are a lot less than Newport.

Why anyone would want to come to OC let alone CA these days is beyond me
haha well were actually coming from Toronto, Canada..
We dont really want to move directly in L.A because we want to be closer to the beach.. and L.A is inland.. at least i think (tell me if i'm wrong)
venice is a possibility too.. but im not too sure about SJC. but yea hopefully prices might drop a little bit in a few months.. if luck rolls my way.

What about Long beach?
is that any good or is it not really a nice beach, more of like a bunch of boating docks and ****.
if its any good, whats the pricing like there?

again, thanks for the replies..

- Keegan

Old 11-06-2008, 01:35 PM

5,113 posts, read 19,764,799 times
long beach doesnt have a nice beach in my opinion. there are a few, but you've got the marina to contend with and oil derricks as well. seal beach is on the other side of alamitos bay and is nicer

Old 11-06-2008, 01:42 PM
tew

209 posts, read 633,533 times
There are beaches in LA county.

As for being close to Mexico, its about a 2 hour or so ( a long time since Ive been there) drive from OC. If you want to be close to TJ, San Diego county is closer but farther from LA.

Old 11-06-2008, 03:28 PM

86 posts, read 244,028 times
I don't get it, why do you HAVE to live by the beach during that time? can't you just drive or get a ride to go see it?

even away from the beach, 2br in a decent area on a month-to-month you're looking at $2000+. if you look a bit north somewhere cheaper like HB you might find something closer to your target price. but bottom line, good luck w/ that

Old 11-06-2008, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by keegannicol View Post
right on huntington does seem like a good area plus it is located right between L.A and TJ. and as well like 20 minutes from newport.
Thanks!

ummmmmmm I never quite thought of it that way.

1/2 between LA and TJ. man, that analysis is just spot on!! I can say I've been to TJ about 3 times in my life and that was honestly about 2 times too many

Old 11-06-2008, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianguy View Post
I don't get it, why do you HAVE to live by the beach during that time? can't you just drive or get a ride to go see it?

even away from the beach, 2br in a decent area on a month-to-month you're looking at $2000+. if you look a bit north somewhere cheaper like HB you might find something closer to your target price. but bottom line, good luck w/ that
I can understand you questioning and wondering why i need to be near the beach..

1. were from Canada, and although canda does have there beaches.. their crap and most of them are along a lake. plus its cold like 3/4 of the time here.. so whenever i do go to a beach here, its not alot.(other than the times i've gone to florida with my family).

2. We both are only 18 and license issues run differently up here, meaning we can't drive in the states for awhile.

3. The main reason i wanted to be close to a beach was because for most of the time that is where i would be.. if not in the town or elsewhere..
we both aren't going to have a great amount of money to be spending on recreational activities.. so basically the beach is free, so why not spend my days there.

and i'm pretty sure i can find a 2br for less than 2000 for m/m lease.

if worse to worse, my grandparents have a time share, and i'll just have to do a week down in that area to find something thats suitable for me.

but thanks again for all the replies and tips.

- keegan

Old 11-06-2008, 03:58 PM

good ideas, but like other said by the beach, especially a nice one you're going to be paying about 50% more

the good news is summer is over so there should be a bunch of rentals available in the beach areas. Newport is notorious for this so you might get lucky but only if your nose is to the grindstone which usually involves being here for a few weeks to do that. anyway, browse Craigslist etc for an idea of prices
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County