Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2008, 03:33 AM

5,004 posts, read 15,360,037 times

Advertisements

If it doesn't get stopped before it gets started there will be no stopping it elsewhere as far as I can tell. why haven't the people been able to vote on this? texas would have to get a lot more protesters too. but what do i know?

The NAU War Room

Last edited by Mattie Jo; 06-08-2008 at 03:47 AM..

Old 06-08-2008, 06:59 AM

432 posts, read 669,887 times
If the federal government was staffed by virtuous, patriotic people, we wouldn't even need to be posting on this thread, because they would have already put a stop to the things we're talking about.

The NAU would be dismissed out of hand. The NAFTA superhighway wouldn't even get started. Our southern border would have been closed even before any illegal aliens could get into our country.

There are many good people in the federal government. You have to go to the top levels to find the type of corruption and disloyalty that are behind these problems. By top levels, I mean people such as Congressmen and the heads of federal agencies.

The corruption seems to be so relentless and so pervasive that it's hard to believe that they will do their jobs and solve these problems.

Old 06-08-2008, 08:46 AM

3,238 posts, read 8,794,196 times
Okay, I'm probably going to get slammed for this, but I think if we made drug smuggling a capital offense (read: death sentence) to anyone caught red-handed crossing the border with drugs (that means no five years of trials, appeals, more trials, etc.), we MAY just put a dent in the flow of drugs into this country. But of course we would never do that because human rights advocates would crawl all over it -- in total disregard for the human rights of the teenagers who get hooked on this stuff and end up prostituting and stealing to feed the habit, and eventually dead. Their human rights wouldn't be as important as the human rights of some sleazeball running this junk across the borders.

Rant ended

Old 06-08-2008, 03:35 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,665,672 times
Anyway, even if McCain if pressed on the subject and expresses support for the NAFTA Superhighway, I bet droves of Oklahomans are still gonna vote for him, even if Obama opposes it. I certainly hope McCain and Obama will make clear on how they feel on this sensitive subject.

Old 06-08-2008, 03:41 PM

1,989 posts, read 4,405,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Anyway, even if McCain if pressed on the subject and expresses support for the NAFTA Superhighway, I bet droves of Oklahomans are still gonna vote for him, even if Obama opposes it. I certainly hope McCain and Obama will make clear on how they feel on this sensitive subject.
They sure will....

They'll look at the latest polls and go with the program...
OR...
They'll speak for 10 minutes on the subject and say NOTHING!.

Old 06-08-2008, 04:05 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,443,714 times
There was a survey out asking people what accomplishment were made by the canidate they supported. Not one person could answer exept for "I don't know.

What's this country coming to????????????

Old 06-08-2008, 04:18 PM

1,989 posts, read 4,405,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
There was a survey out asking people what accomplishment were made by the canidate they supported. Not one person could answer exept for "I don't know.

What's this country coming to????????????
Ummmm.....

Poor choices that are completely driven by the media and accepted by people who are too lazy to
check out the facts for themselves? Or people who have no clue and vote whatever way their favorite celebrity tells them to?

Old 06-08-2008, 04:54 PM

99 posts, read 311,039 times
Default NASCO is behind the NAFTA Super Highway

NASCO stands for North America's Super Corridor Coalition, Inc., the company and some of the people behind the NAFTA super highway. The following website tells who is on the board of directors and operating officers, who hold other positions, some are public offices;

North America's SuperCorridor Coalition, Inc. (http://www.nascocorridor.com/boardlist.asp - broken link)

Google; Indiana I-69, where the construction has begun! I hope that Oklahoma can stop the Highways, because, there are more than just a couple highways. They are going to turn our land into pavement and traffic nation!

Old 06-09-2008, 11:28 AM

3,859 posts, read 10,333,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheComputerGuy View Post
Ummmm.....

Poor choices that are completely driven by the media and accepted by people who are too lazy to
check out the facts for themselves? Or people who have no clue and vote whatever way their favorite celebrity tells them to?
Absolutely-

Old 06-09-2008, 11:51 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,940,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheComputerGuy View Post
Ummmm.....

Ding! We have a winner folks!

It's unbelievable how many sheeple there are in this country that allow the media to make up their minds. And why not, the media chooses which candidates are worthy and refuses to allow those candidates they don't deem worthy in the debates..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma