Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2008, 04:09 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,922,373 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheComputerGuy View Post
Our country has done LOTS of stupid things over the last couple of decades...
Stop letting the media pick your candidates!

And vote for someone's actual congressional or senate voting record instead of cool sounding sound bites or what CNN or FOX tells you is best.

Both parties currently have unqualified people running for president...
And most of you will vote for one of them.
(Because you think there are no other options.... And maybe there aren't at this point... How sad. )

THEN... You'll have the nerve to complain later as things get worse.

There were better choices before y'all let the media pick your candidates for you.

We will get what we deserve...
(Collectively....)

(Putting my soapbox away now... )
I'm not voting for either of the "chosen" candidates. And most certainly not John McCain, even though I am conservative (he's NOT conservative).

I'll vote for none of the above thank you.

Old 06-11-2008, 04:10 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,922,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessaka View Post
SuperHighway Home

Here is a map of the highway. If they think they are going through the heart of San Diego and LA they are crazy.
Thanks for the link Jessaka. Bookmarked!

Old 06-11-2008, 06:41 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,429,775 times
I'll use a "write in" like say Ron Paul.

I definitely will not vote for either of the three stooges.

Old 06-11-2008, 08:11 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,983,404 times
I don't recall EVER voting for.......it is always against. You won't ever get the good ones....they are making money and taking care of their families. The ones that run are mostly the bad ones or self important ones or the crooks like Stipe. So it is important to replace them every chance you get......like diapers, and for the same reason......

Old 06-11-2008, 09:19 PM

3,238 posts, read 8,789,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
I don't recall EVER voting for.......it is always against. You won't ever get the good ones....they are making money and taking care of their families. The ones that run are mostly the bad ones or self important ones or the crooks like Stipe. So it is important to replace them every chance you get......like diapers, and for the same reason......
A talk radio station in New Jersey started a movement a few years ago, called G.R.I.P. It stood for Get Rid of Incumbent Politicians. The idea was to vote out everyone on the ballot who was an incumbent. It didn't go very far, though.

Old 06-12-2008, 07:57 AM

3,160 posts, read 10,620,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by colleeng47 View Post
A talk radio station in New Jersey started a movement a few years ago, called G.R.I.P. It stood for Get Rid of Incumbent Politicians. The idea was to vote out everyone on the ballot who was an incumbent. It didn't go very far, though.
After seeing a few elections (like state auditor) and how people vote so foolishly for these crooks just because they have more ads on TV, I do think we deserve what we get.

Not only should we vote them out, most of them need some jail time.

Old 06-12-2008, 09:13 PM

330 posts, read 970,371 times
I wonder if building that better and bigger chamber of cheap labor, I mean chamber of commerce is linked to the NAFTA SuperDuper cheap labor and cheap foreign goods highway?

Old 06-12-2008, 09:16 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,429,775 times
Is Mexico or Canada paying for any part of the construction?

Old 06-14-2008, 01:43 PM

432 posts, read 669,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by techienomad View Post
You know, my friend had talked about fighting another war of independence from a tyrannical government about 10 years ago. This time, it will be against our own government for doing the same things that they did against the founders of the country. He said the citizenry will be unable to fight against our own military because they have all the goodies, but instead will look more like a unified protest of states banding together to fight against the U.S. Government. States will elect to secede from the union and reject the government. Now 10 years later, it's certainly beginning to look like his theory is coming together. Funny how history repeats itself over and over again.

I hereby announce my enlistment into the Okie Citizenry Militia to defend Oklahoma from any tyrannical government, foreign threats, and domestic threats that might materialize in the future.
If federal officials ever formally endorse the NAU, it will be time to secede. Not just the former Confederacy, but all 50 states. All the states could secede from the current Union, readopt the Constitution, and join together again in a Second Constitutional Republic.

The new federal capitol could be built in Kansas (contains the geographic center of the lower 48) or in South Dakota (contains the geographic center of all 50 states).

Since the original 13 states created our current republic, they have the right to close it down and form a new one, along with the other states that have joined them since then. A creator is greater than the object it creates, not the other way around.

It would be an opportunity to begin again, to start over with a clean slate. We could recreate America as it once was, and could be once again.

Old 06-14-2008, 02:27 PM

3,724 posts, read 9,324,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
I did vote for someone once - don't remember who it was, any more, though. I think it was in '68. Since then, it's been against, or what seems to be the lesser of whatever evils are current at the time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma