Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2008, 11:48 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,671,593 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
That's been the trend for me as well. The country has slid downhill in the last 40 years or so. We arrived at this point because we looked the other way while these yahoos took over; now we're paying the price in the form of imbecile leaders and corruption all over the place.
Now come on, who wants to go back to the way things were 40 years ago? I know I sure don't, because for one thing, we were involved in another unjust war, the Viet Nam one, the same way we are today with the Iraq War.

Old 06-21-2008, 12:44 PM

330 posts, read 970,942 times
I believe we're talking about NAFTA and other effects on this thread, let's keep it that way.

Old 07-02-2008, 02:12 PM

33 posts, read 87,172 times
Looks like proof to me that the "Trans-Texas Corridor" project is official, I just gleamed this off of an internet news site, I am posting what that fellow Greg Grisham entered below:

" The spanish company, CINTRA, which has close ties to the Royal Family of Spain, and is the corporative giant slated to build and operate the Trans-Texas Corridor mentions said project on its own webpage. So, whoever says the project doesn’t exist should have a look for himself.
I have translated here the first two sentences of the content of the webpage at the following link:
Since its beginnings, Cintra has acquired the management of 23 tollways with more than 2,800 km. in Spain, Portugal, Irelnad, Greece, Chile, Canada and the U.S..
And in the U.S., Cintra is also a strategic partner with the State of Texas for the devellopment of the Trans-Texas Corridor project.

click this link : Cintra

Greg Grisham
Madrid, Spain"

Old 07-05-2008, 05:52 PM

266 posts, read 972,587 times
CINTRA is a piece of crap. They have a growing number of crops that they are pattening for themselves. They're basically taking over the crop industry.

Old 07-05-2008, 06:04 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,446,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TU 'cane View Post
CINTRA is a piece of crap. They have a growing number of crops that they are pattening for themselves. They're basically taking over the crop industry.
Well, like everyone else is talking about,,,,,,,,we'll just have to grow our own gardens.

Old 07-06-2008, 09:23 AM

2,825 posts, read 7,550,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by techienomad View Post
not smallville commerce in podunk, .
What is a podunk????

Old 07-06-2008, 09:24 AM

2,825 posts, read 7,550,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Now come on, who wants to go back to the way things were 40 years ago? I know I sure don't, because for one thing, we were involved in another unjust war, the Viet Nam one, the same way we are today with the Iraq War.
Like we aren't now?

Old 07-06-2008, 10:20 AM

330 posts, read 970,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schousse View Post
What is a podunk????
Well, it's an urban legend term used for small town, usually referring to a place nowhere special or very small living area. When I was using the term, I was using to emphasize the disparity between a small town in any rural setting versus THE U.S. Commerce Dept, and I emphasize "THE" as in representing an entire nation. I was also stating that trying to be sneaky by launching a program in the cover of darkness rather than being upfront about a program is just malicious. I don't care for the U.S. Commerce Dept because I don't think they have the best intentions of protecting the rights of citizens nor do they care about what is fundamentally right for having a level playing field for all businesses. It's just my opinion only.

Podunk - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Urban Dictionary: podunk
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma