Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 12:20 PM

432 posts, read 669,354 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by techienomad View Post
I hope everyone had a good Easter. Our day was great and sad. Many of my family members all went to my grandparents house for what maybe my grandma's last Easter. She has really been slipping the past few months. It was also her birthday today (83), so kind of emotional. We had a wonderful feast of fried chicken, potato cheese casserole, green been casserole, rolls, and strawberry shortcakes for dessert. The irony is grandpa being 90 and in excellent health. Grandpa is the best and toughest guy I know - WWII and Korea vet, Army 28 years, survivor of the Bataan death march. All in all, a good celebration and one to remember forever.
Memorial Day is still about two months away, but it won't hurt to show some respect now. Any survivor of the Bataan Death March truly deserves it. Techienomad's grandpa has truly been blessed, having lived to age 90 in good health.

And best wishes to your grandma, Techienomad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2008, 08:08 PM

7,685 posts, read 13,144,504 times
Default S A L U T E !

Techienomad,

Being that I'm 21 yrs vet myself "Navy", I have the highest respect for the men such as your Grandfather and their wives who went through it all with them. My hat is off to the both of them, God Blees that generation they are our Countries BEST.

Old 03-27-2008, 02:10 PM

330 posts, read 970,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted_Foster View Post
Memorial Day is still about two months away, but it won't hurt to show some respect now. Any survivor of the Bataan Death March truly deserves it. Techienomad's grandpa has truly been blessed, having lived to age 90 in good health.

Hey you guys are great. Let's just say if grandpa didn't make it through the death march, I wouldn't be here. My mom is a boomer so I certainly appreciate what grandpa had to go through. However, grandpa's brother was not so lucky. He lost track of his brother and found out later that he was beheaded because he was falling behind in the march due to injuries.

Old 03-27-2008, 03:29 PM

1,989 posts, read 4,403,446 times
This country is sorely lacking men these days of your grandfather's caliber.
He is to be honored.

Old 03-27-2008, 04:09 PM

2,919 posts, read 6,829,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheComputerGuy View Post
This country is sorely lacking men these days of your grandfather's caliber.
He is to be honored.
Agreed 200% Both of my Brothers served, 1 Army, 1 Navy and y'all know where our Son is!

http://pages.prodigy.net/jimeez/_uimages/yessir.gif (broken link)

Old 03-27-2008, 06:27 PM

3,160 posts, read 10,621,625 times
Here's a guy we are very proud of. Here is our son we are visiting on our Maryland trip, at the U.S. Naval Air Station, Patuxent River, Maryland.

Old 03-27-2008, 07:01 PM

102 posts, read 287,885 times
Thumbs up Forever grateful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted_Foster View Post

Just wanted to express my sincere gratitude to those who sacrificed during the WW II. Having grown up in the Philippines and heard from families first hand about horrific survival testimonials that both the US and Philippine soldiers endured during the Bataan March, words are not enougth to say THANK YOU ALL. Those heroic saga will always be alive in my heart as long as I live. Long live the U.S.A! Mabuhay!

Old 03-27-2008, 09:23 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,432,243 times
I salute all the Men and Women who have sacrificed their lives for our country
Whether it be Abroad or right here at home.

A test of endurance - An active history lesson
The Bataan Memorial Death March is a challenging march through the high desert terrain of White Sands Missile Range, N.M., conducted in honor of the heroic service members who defended the Philippine Islands during World War II, sacrificing their freedom, health and, in many cases, their very lives.

http://www.bataanmarch.com/montage-08w.jpg (broken link)

Old 03-27-2008, 09:43 PM

330 posts, read 970,477 times
MK,

I want to participate in that one of these years just to show my respect.

Peggy,

My respect to your son.

To all,

my salute to you Name:  7.gif
Views: 369
Size:  10.7 KB

Old 03-28-2008, 03:28 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,925,657 times
I just read this. What a great thread. I'm an Army vet and wholeheartedly agree with everything that has been said here. I salute all Veterans and they have nothing but my utmost respect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
View detailed profiles of: