Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2007, 07:32 AM

2,919 posts, read 6,836,239 times

Advertisements

AnthonySA, Hiya and Thanks. Glad you liked the pic.

RedBird, Love your Andy Rooney!! (so true! ) And Thanks to you too! I have to go spread some rep before I can 'tag' you again.

Quote:
How about the General US Forum. There you can find out that Oklahoma among other states could drop off the face of the earth and no one would care. Only big mega cities matter.
Peggy, I've noticed that too. Made me wonder if Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Nebraska, and North & South Dakota should just secede! We could charge some hefty tolls for 'crossing'.

Old 12-10-2007, 07:37 AM

2,919 posts, read 6,836,239 times
I ventured out onto the porch for a few pictures. They are a little out of focus though, the lens kept fogging up and I was shivering! http://bestsmileys.com/cold/8.gif (broken link)

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h61/jimeezlady/ice%20storm%2007/ice1.jpg (broken link)

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h61/jimeezlady/ice%20storm%2007/ice6.jpg (broken link)

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h61/jimeezlady/ice%20storm%2007/ice7.jpg (broken link)

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h61/jimeezlady/ice%20storm%2007/ice5.jpg (broken link)

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h61/jimeezlady/ice%20storm%2007/ice8.jpg (broken link)

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h61/jimeezlady/ice%20storm%2007/ice4.jpg (broken link)

Old 12-10-2007, 08:01 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,955,228 times
BRRR... that looks COLD. It's 35 here and I shiver outside even when I'm all bundled up.

Old 12-10-2007, 08:19 AM

3,160 posts, read 10,630,786 times
That's sad about Jones High School. I heard their sprinkler system didn't work because the power was out.

No gas on the Turner Turnpike, because of no power.

That was a horrible wreck on I-40 west of Okemah, on the bridge over the North Canadian. 4 people killed.

Everyone should stay home, unless you have no power. I guess there are shelters open where it is bad.

Old 12-10-2007, 10:44 AM

3,238 posts, read 8,797,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbird4848 View Post
Okie Chattin thread mates, I've got a question for you. (Here is my Andy Rooney impersonation) -please read this post in your bestest Andy Rooney mental voice and imagine click click sounds, like you are on 60 minutes....

tick tick tick

Do you ever go lurking about in other state's forums.. just to see what they talk about? Kind of like Mrs. Kravitz on Bewitched? It's an eye opener to say the least, and not always pretty, but pretty funny nonetheless.

The east coasters are pretty hilarious. They remind me of that game that used to be in Chuck E Cheeze, where the little kid gets a giant hammer and then try and smack a critter that pokes its head out.
No love lost between some of those states. Some poor soul asks a question like, Where can I live in the 5 boroughs where I won't get mugged? Then all h3ll breaks loose. They all take turns playing hit the dummy on the head as HARD AS YOU CAN!!!!

And I like to chuckle at the Florida threads that have a topic of: "WHY IS EVERYONE SO HATEFUL HERE?" Then words like traffic, no speaka english, and rude people get repeated. Oh and I gathered its sooo expensive in FL. Makes you wonder why people even moved there. Were they misinformed?

Of course, If I could donate a dollars worth of pecans for every rant on mexican illegal aliens FROM ANY STATE FORUM, I could put PeggyDavis and her horse into the trump towers.

The trophy for TRANQUIL WATERS goes to photography, dogs/cats *minus the pit bull topics, and books. Yawn. Did I miss something? Oh yeah, South Dakota. Sorry mods, North Dakota is even sleepier. Maybe Sven the muckraker is out kicking up his heels with the polka crowds at the Sleepy Barn dance.

If you enjoy vacationing in shark-infested, starving pirahna waters, there is always the P&OC, and Religion and Philosophy. There's nothing like hearing god's children spitting hissing and scratching at the atheists who smugly yank their chains at will. The last I heard on that forum was LDS is still a cult, even if they DO have a presidential candidate. Oh and they like to taunt the catholics there too.

Well, I'm Andy Rooney, and if you want to discuss moving issues, I think there is a forum for that.... somewhere....

(RAISED BUSHY EYEBROWS pretending to look under papers...)

TICK tick tick tick
I LOVE Andy Rooney, and that was a very good imitation of him. I used his voice the whole time. Very funny. And probably sad as well. I checked the NJ forum and while it's not nasty, it can get a little "uptight" once in a while. Mostly complaining on their about property taxes. Not too much about where to live because most people are trying to get out. NJ has had a negative population change for two years in a row now. And when you consider all the immigrants (legal and non-legal) coming into New Jersey that's quite a problem. As soon as the immigrants realize they're going to be taxed to death they leave too. Just hope they don't all go to OK!

Old 12-10-2007, 12:06 PM

5,004 posts, read 15,365,310 times
Beautiful photos. So far Tahlequah has not been hit by an ice storm. I went to walmart this a.m. and had another Oklahoma moment. A woman with a cane was walking along beside me, and when she got through the door the welcome man already had a car waiting for her, the kind for handicaps. I told him that he was really nice.

Then I got some bird seed for my little birdies and went to two grocery stores and came home. I am cold when I am outside and bundled up too.

Old 12-10-2007, 01:23 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,561,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyRobyn View Post
[b]Peggy, I've noticed that too. Made me wonder if Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Nebraska, and North & South Dakota should just secede! We could charge some hefty tolls for 'crossing'.
HEY, now there's an idea. Tornado H3ll Toll gates. We could offer drive thru baptisms for those free thinking liberated folks.

This isn't the bible belt, this is the BELT BUCKLE!!

We could put up hwy signs...
Tent Revivals-kids get saved FREE!,

A billboard which says, Oral Roberts needs a new first name,that one is too sugggestive!

Although to be honest, I don't see TX as backwards as OK.

Old 12-11-2007, 02:28 AM

5,004 posts, read 15,365,310 times
Belt Buckle, revivals, oral roberts. LOL!!!

Old 12-11-2007, 05:45 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,561,839 times
This okie weather is weird. It warmed up to 51F by 6:45 AM. That is so weird. I thought the ice storm was supposed to last thru tonight.

I entered that CDF photography contest. I wonder what I should take pictures of? OK scenery? OK folks? OR .....

Old 12-11-2007, 06:13 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,955,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbird4848 View Post
This okie weather is weird. It warmed up to 51F by 6:45 AM. That is so weird. I thought the ice storm was supposed to last thru tonight.

I entered that CDF photography contest. I wonder what I should take pictures of? OK scenery? OK folks? OR .....
OR?????

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma