Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2013, 07:14 PM

2,572 posts, read 4,254,228 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by linicx View Post
Don't like 75 or 69? Take your buddy for a tour of Big Mac.
Why would touring a prison have anything to do with driving through a tired and wore out part of Oklahoma?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2013, 07:19 PM

2,572 posts, read 4,254,228 times
Quote:
If y'all haven't been on 85 A yet, there is a very clear reason to not only not speed in Bernice but to slow down and pay close attention. The reason is about 3 feet tall, has two feet. and it runs back and forth across the road to the bridge at all hours of the day and night year round.

Bernice is a very tiny, extremely tight knit community filled with grandparents who have grandchildren. If a speeding driver is stoopid enough to harm a child, I would not expect that driver to live to see the inside of the Jay jail. In fact, breathing until the sheriff arrived would not only be a long time, it would be a very painful and difficult.

I would worry more about my own skin a lot quicker than I would articles written by dummy's who have never driven on OK 85 A. I've probably driven through Bernice a hundred times.
The most important point is why are folks letting their kids play on the highway "at all hours of the day and night year round"? Unless there is a pedestrian crossing I don't see any reason for 3ft tall kids to be out on a busy highway. Even then they shouldn't be crossing by themselves.

Old 04-19-2013, 11:42 AM

641 posts, read 1,073,791 times
There are definitely speed trap towns where the police harass unduly. I am thinking, Debz-kids that you don't get out into the rural little old towns much. Some are just little welfare-meth-speed trap towns with large populations of registered sex offenders. Sorry, just telling it like it is. Oklahoma has good towns and bad ones. You take a risk if you are traveling off the beaten path in Oklahoma.

Old 04-19-2013, 01:23 PM

14,186 posts, read 22,762,751 times
Both states I've lived in have laws that make it difficult for little ****hole towns to boost their revenue simply because they won the Interstate or U.S. Highway lottery. In Pennsylvania, only the State Police are allowed to run radar. In Georgia, only the State Patrol can pull people over for driving less than 15 MPH over the speed limit.

Old 04-20-2013, 06:03 PM

11,535 posts, read 30,280,619 times
I'm going to guess you've never been in Bernice or NE Oklahoma. Why would you think children play on a highway? They don't. I never known any state that marks pedestrian crossing at a bridge, either. Kids, except toddlers, cross alone. and they are taught to be cautious. It's a normal pattern beginning in searly Spring and March and ending the late Fall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by okie1962 View Post
The most important point is why are folks letting their kids play on the highway "at all hours of the day and night year round"? Unless there is a pedestrian crossing I don't see any reason for 3ft tall kids to be out on a busy highway. Even then they shouldn't be crossing by themselves.

Old 03-10-2014, 05:10 PM

It is because the Bernice Bridge is famous for good fishing. Grandparents and grandkids fish there from Spring to late fall. You might even see a few in the winter if the weather is nice that day.

Quote:
I'm going to guess you've never been in Bernice or NE Oklahoma. Why would you think children play on a highway? They don't. I never known any state that marks pedestrian crossing at a bridge, either. Kids, except toddlers, cross alone. and they are taught to be cautious. It's a normal pattern beginning in searly Spring and March and ending the late Fall.

Old 03-18-2014, 04:59 AM

10,400 posts, read 15,592,620 times
Default Speeding Tickets Are Like Death And Taxes

Speeding Tickets Are Like Death And Taxes you can under no circumstances escape them. Our American society place a premium on being on time " tardiness is frown on " and speeding is a natural response to getting there on time at any cost , even a speeding ticket.

My wife is a amputee having lost one leg due to cancer and her and I was on our way to a Doctor/Prosthesis Tech Appointment ( from Solano County to Napa County ) and were of course running late , and me doing what's come natural was trying to make up time , and get us to the appointment on time.

Well you guess it a American Canyon City Motorcycle Cop was clocking us , I though that I was doing 40 or 45 in a 35 Miles Per Hour Zone , however I was doing 51 in a 30 Miles Per Hour Zone. Nothing that I can do but TRAFFIC SCHOOL and or COMMUNITY SERVICE as I try never to paid CASH.

The only 2 times that I ever got a WARNING was on a INDIAN RESERVATION IN ARIZONA which wasn't technically even in the USA , and Texas when my MOTHER DIED my Uncle talked a TEXAS highway Patrol out of giving me one on our trip to Oklahoma , I didn't even put any effort into it " felt like Whatever Whatever my Mother Died and what else is going to happen to me this Red Neck Texas Trooper isn't going to believe my story anyways what the use.

African-American usually don't get breaks on Speeding Tickets I once got one near Groom Texas that's near Amarillo Texas and DROVE all the way back from TULSA OK to fight it , I felt that I'm A Gospel Minister Defense Would Work Well It Didn't Work But It Worked For another Uncle Of Mines,

Old 03-19-2014, 12:41 PM

Um, if you drive 50 in a posted 30 mph zone the State of Illinois will love you. The first offense is a paltry $1500.00 plus court costs. Neither 'man of the cloth', your death, your marriage, your court appointment, your doctor appointment, your driving record, or your autopsy is acceptable. And if you have driving infractions against your record, that is counted against you, too. Since you readily admit you speed in California and in Texas, you'll probably go to jail in Illinois, be required to do community service, and be out on Probation. Probation is a wonderful thing. In Illinois if you don't follow the rules, a $50 -$75K John Doe Warrant is issued for your Arrest.

It is a shame those poor childs were allowed to sleep in school instead of learning American History. Native North American Indians controlled the Continent of North America for several thousand years before the paleface came with his fear of dark skin, his hatred of dark skin, his greed, his ignorance, his taunts, his guns, his disrespect, his blood lust, and his third-world diseases.

It was the first kidnapped African slave in North America that saved the colonies from certain destruction when he told his master of a village cure for their sickness. He was a middle-aged man before he made his way back home to his wife, children and village in Africa.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma