Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2007, 10:54 AM

1 posts, read 6,481 times

Advertisements

if you are traveling through Asher, Oklahoma, be sure to go under the speed limit. they have one cop and they get most of their revenue from unsuspecting motorist that miss the speed limit sign changes on the highway that runs through it. if you do get pulled over, dont argue with him or you will go to jail. just call your state representative and make a formal complaint and ask for an official investigation into the matter. you might also ask about the states speedtrap laws. i hope this helps. there have been so many people that ive heard from getting stopped here that i felt it necessary to finally speak out. i also am personally not giving any of my business to that city until they clean up their act.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2007, 06:14 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,917,160 times
Ya, I've been through Asher many times on my way from Ada to Ok City. Never got into trouble though. But ARRESTING people who argue with them? One of these days the little burg police are going to pull the wrong person over and it will be the end of his tiny little career.

Old 06-23-2007, 07:08 PM

21 posts, read 70,033 times
The gentleman is very right about Asher.. It is a speedtrap for sure.. I was stopped one time by this joke of a policeman an my husband was in front of me now an he didn't get stopped but I did an told me I was speeding. I wasn't speeding because I had just left the stop sign an only got about 100 ft when he stopped me. He was showing his authority. But you know what someday those with authority will not be wearing that badge forever. They seem to forget that, that day will come an they will have no authority. Then what. You can figure that out yourself.

Old 05-16-2008, 08:35 PM

1 posts, read 6,252 times
Default one mile over

you are correct about the Asher policeman. He claimed I was doing 61 in a 40 mile an hr. zone. He refused to let me see the radar. The 40 mile zone is by the stores and I was going to pull over to buy a drink and decided to go on. I was nearly at the highway to turn to Stratfore, outside of city limits when his lights came on. When I went to court and asked to be on probation and pay the fine, I was denied. I told the judge there were 4 others in the court that day that also had 61 miles an hr. in a 40 mile an hr. zone. I asked the judge if I had just been doing 20 miles an hr. over would he have given me probation. The judge stated that would might have been a possibility, but I was over 20 miles an hr. (that is one mile over 20 miles an hr.) Another woman had previously pled not guilty and returned this day with an attorny and the judge reduced her ticket to 57 miles an hr. and fined her $130. He wouldn't give me probation and fined me $137. I also stated I would never buy anything else in their city. Not only that, but the DA knew one of the women that was cited with a much higher ticket, had her to go outside of the court room and told her to pled not guilty and come back to the next hearing.
Why are we not all treated the same. You are right about this cop. He sits by the store and anyone that has ever been through there knows he is there so why would we speed.
It would be interesting how many speeding tickets are given. The attny. that represented the lady said to contact Drew Edmondson about the speed traps and the way the court was handled.

Old 05-18-2008, 07:15 AM

2,825 posts, read 7,544,265 times
Most small towns are like that. The power goes to their head .......

Old 05-18-2008, 08:18 AM

3,238 posts, read 8,788,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schousse View Post
Most small towns are like that. The power goes to their head .......
That's because with such little brains there's a lot of room up there.

Old 08-16-2010, 10:15 AM

33 posts, read 87,092 times
Default Nothings changed I guess

Well here it is 2010 and I got ticketed in Asher.

I didn't ask to see the radar because there were 2 cops who were acting threatening and super rude, and I had family with me.
Seriously, they had the attributes of steroid abuse(roid rage) and had hands on guns, leering at my family.
I felt safer in Mexico, than around these yahoos.

The speed they said I was going was exaggerated and at the edge of town.

Count me in for any class action lawsuits.
Anyone know how I figure out who my Oklahoma State representative is?
Anyone know any good lawyers in Ada area?

Asher is just a speed trap with a gas station.
The bandits wear blue there.

Last edited by nomad57; 08-16-2010 at 10:58 AM..

Old 08-16-2010, 11:41 AM

702 posts, read 2,517,195 times
A state law was passed, can't remember when, that basically states a towns revenue to run it's municipality cannot go over 50% from traffic violations. It would be nice to know the percentage this town is generating in revenue from it's traffic fines.

Old 08-19-2010, 08:26 AM

13,387 posts, read 19,426,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by briansgi View Post
A state law was passed, can't remember when, that basically states a towns revenue to run it's municipality cannot go over 50% from traffic violations. It would be nice to know the percentage this town is generating in revenue from it's traffic fines.
When they meet their quota they'll just use blackmail.

"just hand me the doe and you'll be free to go"..

Old 08-26-2011, 07:51 PM

4 posts, read 7,797 times
Thanks for the warning I am headed back for the alumni banquet and don't need any issue like this Looking forward to seeing all my old freinds in Ada konawa Seminole Tecumseh Asher Maud and all of pottawatomie seminole and ponitoc counties.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma