Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 03:15 PM

3,160 posts, read 10,633,900 times

Advertisements

Thanks, guys. It took me a while to learn too, as in first I had to learn to work the camera. I have more pictures to post but I will wait until tomorrow.

Kurt, I hope the storm doesn't get too bad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2007, 05:07 PM

13 posts, read 40,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessaka View Post
Nice photos Peggy.

Rustbucket, I posted a thread that is at the top of all of these threads on how to post photos. It will show you how to post them so they won't be thumbnails, that is, if you want to do so. It took me a while to learn.
Thank you, I did them as thumbs intentionally for those out there that don't have broadband.. I've heard theirs a few of them still out there.

Old 09-24-2007, 05:09 AM

5,004 posts, read 15,369,173 times
Oh, that was really nice for you to do that. I don't know what broadband is. Maybe it is DSL. I had regular Internet service over a month ago, and I would still see the larger photos, even post them, but it was such a pain trying to get around the internet. Sometimes I find myself sitting waiting for a webpage to come up, get tired and click on it again, and then realize it came up long ago and I just didn't see it doing so.

Old 09-24-2007, 07:30 AM

Sometimes the large size pictures take a while to load, but sometimes I post them because you can see the details so much better. I'm not sure what internet I have, but it comes from a tower in town to something like a satelite dish at my house. I think it is broadband, but it is not always that fast.

Here is another community at Lake Eufaula. To get there by boat, I think you go through the spectacular canyon that Rustbucket described earlier. There was no safe place to take photos of the canyon though. This place is on a turnoff by the dam, which is on highway 71 north of highway 9.

This was a very well kept looking community. The road was gravel but was in good shape. I'm guessing the Cat has something to do with that. Each waterfront place looked like it had its own boat dock. It was mostly mobile homes, but they were new looking. This would probably be less expensive than some other areas. Across the cove, there were other houses, but I couldn't see them very well because of all the trees with their pesky leaves blocking my view.

Old 09-25-2007, 08:34 AM

1 posts, read 2,492 times
Default New here

Hi everyone. Just dropping in to get an idea of what Lake Eufaula is like as we are thinking of moving out there. Would you all say it's mostly residential traffic on this lake, or is there tourist/vacation traffic as well? We would like to buy/start a campground. Would you say there is a need for that type of thing on this lake? What advise would you give to someone unfamiliar w/the area and looking to move there? Thanks!

Old 09-25-2007, 06:21 PM

450 posts, read 2,059,467 times
Wink Ooooo! Sea Blue Shores and banana trees!

Yep, those are swell pictures. There was a prickly pear cactus, too, so I knew I was in Oklahoma! Otherwise, I thought you were in the Caribbean or Cozumel.

A campground! Yes, I think that would be a great idea. I think the area is really underdeveloped and the lakeshore will just get more valuable. Great investment opportunity. And it really is beautiful. Of course, those banana trees will not make it through the first freeze--but that is some time off.

Get in on the ground floor. Go for that campground. I bet you could sell the land later for a nice profit. Otherwise, just stay there and enjoy.

Are there any bass tournaments on the lake?

Old 09-26-2007, 10:57 AM

I have hear of bass tournaments at Lake Eufaula. In my opinion, I think Lake Eufaula has not had the attention of other lakes such as Texoma, Tenkiller, and Grand. It is not on a major highway or close to Texas or larger cities so those may be some reasons why. The lake is huge and mostly undeveloped as far as I could see. I put some pictures of the #9 marina on the Oklahoma pictures thread. I think in the summer there is a lot of traffic around the lake, mostly people from Oklahoma not out of state. I have some pictures of public campgrounds I will put up when I am on my regular computer. In the summer the campgrounds are all really full, but now people are camping in uncrowded conditions. I saw some restaurants for sale. The town of Eufaula was busy with people but other places I went there didn't seem to be a lot of people around.

I wonder if those people are going to dig up their banana plants for the winter or let them die?

Old 09-26-2007, 02:42 PM

Peggy, What kind of camera do you have? Those photos are so good. I wanted a Nikon until I just found out what they cost. Waah! Save money.

Old 09-26-2007, 04:19 PM

It is an Olympus. I got it for Christmas a few years ago. It is a great camera!

Old 09-27-2007, 03:38 AM

Peggy, Is it digital?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma