Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2007, 09:21 AM

450 posts, read 2,058,381 times

Advertisements

Peggyd: Thanks for pics of downtown Eufala. I posted on another site that I was waiting for them, but I see they are up. Do you have any of the lake itself. I would like to see a sunset or a sandy beach. Anyways, thanks for the shots of the town.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2007, 04:30 PM

3,160 posts, read 10,628,393 times
No, Kurt, I had already used up all my battery on my camera that day, so I couldn't take very many pictures. I am going to go over there next week and take more pictures, and will get some of the beaches and the lake. I will stop at the highway 9 landing and see how clear the water really is, too. I have looked around on the internet for pictures, and I can't find any that are very good. So, about Thursday I should have that done.

Old 09-16-2007, 09:35 AM

27,366 posts, read 27,418,399 times
Gorgeous pics! Seeing pics of OK and being there a couple times in the past couple of years sure makes me homesick!

Old 09-16-2007, 09:40 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,948,345 times
Where you living now PS?

Old 09-16-2007, 11:06 AM

Default Looking forward to those pics of the lake!

Quote:
Originally Posted by peggydavis View Post
No, Kurt, I had already used up all my battery on my camera that day, so I couldn't take very many pictures. I am going to go over there next week and take more pictures, and will get some of the beaches and the lake. I will stop at the highway 9 landing and see how clear the water really is, too. I have looked around on the internet for pictures, and I can't find any that are very good. So, about Thursday I should have that done.
I hope you can get those pics. Maybe we can drum up some more fans of the big lake. Some seem to think it is usually pretty muddy and the best place to go "noodling" The idea of putting your hand, arm, or foot into a muddy hole and waiting for big catfish to suck it in is not my idea of fun!

It is really like an inland sea. Maybe you could get a shot of a boathouse or dock. I would like to see how close people can build next to the water. Also, alot of the lake is undeveloped--some wooded shoreline shots would be neat, too. So long for now.

Old 09-17-2007, 01:04 PM

13 posts, read 40,282 times
Default Pictures

My Wife and I go camping at Lake Eufaula a couple of times a year for the last 5 years. Let me look through some other CD's for some better pics of the lake.
The beaches range from sandy to sea shelly to pure muck depending where you are.
If you have lakefront property you can build a boat ramp or that property may already have one. Theirs 4 or 5 campgrounds around the lake but our favorite is hwy 9 landing.
Anyway, let me see if i can dig up some better pictures to post, these 2 were from the first trip we took this year. We're taking another in Oct.
Dave
Attached Thumbnails
Eufaula-dscf0020.jpg   Eufaula-dscf0034.jpg  

Old 09-17-2007, 07:51 PM

Thumbs up Great pix rustbucket. Hope to see more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustbucket View Post
My Wife and I go camping at Lake Eufaula a couple of times a year for the last 5 years. Let me look through some other CD's for some better pics of the lake.
The beaches range from sandy to sea shelly to pure muck depending where you are.
If you have lakefront property you can build a boat ramp or that property may already have one. Theirs 4 or 5 campgrounds around the lake but our favorite is hwy 9 landing.
Anyway, let me see if i can dig up some better pictures to post, these 2 were from the first trip we took this year. We're taking another in Oct.
Dave
Nice of you to reply and I hope to see more pix. I like the dog in one of them. What is him/her's name? I thought it was flatter around the lake but I see some hills on the horizon. I think Eufaula is a bit underappreciated, but that may be good cause it will not get so crowded. Thanks again. I upped your reputation.

Old 09-17-2007, 09:38 PM

Default Another

Thanks Kurt!
Found another one. Still looking for more pics.. That's Lucy in that picture and she's a Black Mouth Cur. All around the lake you'll find... well not mountains but good sized hills.. If you're boating toward the Dam, you pass through a canyon and it's really gorgeous scenery.
Still looking for pics.. i'll get more up.. I forgot to mention, we've had 50+ inches of rain this year so there isn't much beach at all. Infact. camp sites are under water and the water was nearly up to the top of the boat ramps. I believe right now the water level is maybe a few inches above normal..

The pic.. Earlier this year water was up to about where the boat on the trailer is sitting..

*edit* My wife just found the tin box with a ton of camping pictures, many of them from Eufaula. I have to scan them then post them tomorrow. Night all..
Dave
Attached Thumbnails
Eufaula-dscf0019.jpg  

Last edited by Rustbucket; 09-17-2007 at 09:49 PM..

Old 09-18-2007, 04:19 AM

3,160 posts, read 10,628,393 times
I really like that picture, Rustbucket. So in that picture with the boat is the water normal level? What do you think about the usual water clarity at Eufaula? Do people have the big boats there like they do at Texoma, or do people mostly have bass boats and pontoons?

I thought I was going on my expedition today to take photos, and get my kiwi trees and maybe a lighted palm tree, but I find myself going to OKC on family emergency instead. I will get there as quick as I can, though.

Old 09-18-2007, 09:06 AM

Hi Peggy
Well, in the last picture i posted, that would be between normal and maybe slightly above normal water levels. Previous summers the water is lower than what you see in the pic. Their's usually maybe 10 feet of sandy muck showing below the grass line at waters edge. The dryer the summer the more beach front you get, I've seen both extremes.. Depending on where you are at the lake you can have sand or mucky muck at the shoreline. I believe i saw it in the visitors map at the campground that Eufaula has 500 miles of shoreline!!!
I'm off to the walmart and i'll use their scanners and make a CD to bring home to post the pictures i found last night. My scanner/fax machine doesn't do pictures justice.

Oh also... yes they have BIG boats on the lake, 80 foot house/party boats that you can buy tickets on and cruise the lake or own your own BIG boat and berth it on the lake. Theirs a couple of Marinas, 1 in the City of Eufaula and another at hwy 9 landing.
Take Care All...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma