Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 08:00 AM

102 posts, read 287,981 times

Advertisements

Hi Bobby H, can you tell me who the builders are at the Oak Meadows neighborhood? That neighborhood caught our eyes when we accidentally found it after leaving Elgin this last weekend (when we were there scouting.) It was a dark, cold and rainy day and we forgot to measure the distance from that neighborhood to Cameron University. I learned that Elgin has great schools and Oak Meadows children would go to school there. My problem is how long of a drive from there to CU (for kids' music activities) and shopping. We will be back next month but I am starting to get anxious already. Not very fond of moving. THanks for your help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2008, 09:30 AM

13,387 posts, read 19,436,175 times
Oklahoma Climatological Survey

----------------------------------------------------------

Old 05-15-2008, 12:24 PM

10 posts, read 34,002 times
Default PCS to Fort Sill Lawton

PCSing to Fort Sill
Yet another family posting questions about our pcs move to Lawton/ Fort Sill. Leaving Fort Bliss and El Paso. Happy Happy Happy. We have been here nine years. Our orders are for June 08. I am looking forward to the move!! I hope they speak english in Oklahoma cause they sure dont here, I am a native Texan, but El Paso might as well be a foreign country.
I hope someone can answer my questions about areas to live, are there maybe nice older neighborhoods? Old as in "charm" not old as in run down. Schools are not an issue. No kids, just dogs. I am hoping for some info from other military families that have PCSed to the Fort Sill area in the last few months. but I will appreciate any reply.
thanks

Old 05-15-2008, 02:41 PM

3,160 posts, read 10,623,236 times
We speak English in Oklahoma.

Old 05-15-2008, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowan85 View Post
Thank you for replying to my post..the information has been helpful and i think i will be looking into a neighboring town..we have apartments.com to search for apartments in tacoma, is their a website i might beable to go to and see apartments for lawton or the other small surrounding towns?
Here's a list of apartments in Lawton and the surrounding area's.along with a map for each one.
1 bedroom apartments in Lawton, OK matched 55 places.

Old 05-15-2008, 03:15 PM

Wait..this is an old thread, she's probably settled down by now

Old 05-16-2008, 06:35 AM

3,160 posts, read 10,623,236 times
Don't worry, mk, plenty of other people will be moving to Lawton soon and will appreciate your information.

Old 05-16-2008, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peggydavis View Post
Don't worry, mk, plenty of other people will be moving to Lawton soon and will appreciate your information.
That's if it hasn't hit the last page by then

Old 05-21-2008, 12:26 PM

10 posts, read 34,002 times
Default PCS move to FT Sill / map

Dear Bobby H
RE our PCS move
Thank you for the map you created months ago, it IS helping me narrow the search from over 100 homes currently on the market(?) That seems like alot for the size of Lawton. Is this correct or are the websites not being updated??
What about camping areas near Lawton? Are there any KOA like facilities (showers,electricity)? We have two big dogs and are worried we won't be welcome in most motels.
We will not be able to recon the area prior to our move, so any and all suggestions are so appreciated!!!
WestTexEx

Old 05-24-2008, 02:21 AM

2 posts, read 6,755 times
your info. was very helpful.. i will be PCS soon, and i wanted to know if there are any units deployed or are going to deploy. i will be going to the
52 AD PARTIOT
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma