Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2011, 08:16 PM

81 posts, read 234,920 times

Advertisements

Exactly. That should never be done. The CB should only be used for traffic and emergency situations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2011, 08:47 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,525,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDtrucker View Post
Exactly. That should never be done. The CB should only be used for traffic and emergency situations.

Old 09-28-2011, 06:52 PM

81 posts, read 234,920 times

Old 10-04-2011, 02:30 AM

471 posts, read 825,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDtrucker View Post
Oklahoma may word it differently, however the Flrorida statute says: Illegal Use of Vehicle Lamps - "flashing lights are prohibited on vehicles except as a means of indicating a right or left turn, to change lanes, or to indicate that the vehicle is lawfully stopped or disabled upon the highway or except that the lamps ... are permitted to flash." It should never be done anyway. Speed limit laws are in place with safety in mind, and most police officers tend to be honest, hard working people.
I'm 48 years old and have worked in the criminal justice field for 21 years...

I got my first and only speeding ticket in Missouri in 2006. It was 1:22 AM on a Tuesday morning. I was on my way home from work after having stopped at Wal Mart for some items. It was a four lane state highway in a Kansas City suburb called Sugar Creek. The speed limit was 55 mph. I topped a hill after having climbed a bluff out of the Missouri River valley and started down the other side. Parked at the bottom on the shoulder were two police cars. I looked down and my speedometer said 62 mph. They both pulled me over.

A young girl cop in the first car walks up and asks me for my license and insurance verification. The second cop stands at my right flank for backup. She says that she pulled me over because I was doing 72 mph! I said, "You're kidding?" She goes back to the car and returns with a citation for 73 mph.

I prepare for kangaroo court. Try to get information via discovery but am stalled at every turn. I did get one statement from her in writing that there was no secondary officer at the scene.

What was it you said about most police officers being honest??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma