Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2016, 02:25 PM

1,692 posts, read 1,960,662 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Gov. Kasich appears to be the only Republican who is not a full blown psychotic. So, if for some reason I was forced to vote for a Republican, against, say Trump? Then I would.

Does that count as a "Yes"?
Pretty much my reasoning. If I *had* to vote for a Republican, it would be Kasich.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2016, 07:07 AM

1,584 posts, read 1,974,606 times
I respect Kashich's no-nonsense attitude which I think Washington DC is in desperate need of. He's also not afraid of making tough decisions which he knows are not always going to be popular which Washington is really in need of.

Here's my dream cabinet:

President: John Kasich
Attorney General: Chris Christie
Surgeon General: Dr. Ben Watson
Director of the Budget: Rand Paul
Director of Home Land Security or head of Immigration: Donald Trump
Secretary of State: Carly Fiorina----another person I deeply respect
Rob Portman needs to be in there somewhere----I deeply respect him.

Last edited by flashes1; 02-10-2016 at 07:37 AM..

Old 02-10-2016, 07:25 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,393,566 times
Yes over Hillary

No over Sanders

Old 02-10-2016, 08:54 AM

16,345 posts, read 18,071,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashes1 View Post
I respect Kashich's no-nonsense attitude which I think Washington DC is in desperate need of. He's also not afraid of making tough decisions which he knows are not always going to be popular which Washington is really in need of.

Here's my dream cabinet:

Your dream would be this nation's nightmare.

Old 02-10-2016, 08:58 AM

16,345 posts, read 18,071,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
Yes over Hillary

No over Sanders
If it comes down to it, Democrats should vote for Hillary. Who is the alternative? A fascist or religious nut Republican? Kasich isn't getting anywhere near the nomination without him somehow being able to turn the NH result into some kind of momentum, but that is unlikely. So it will likely come down to Trump, with a lesser chance of Cruz or maybe an establishment candidate. Whether one likes Hillary or not as a person, she's not insane and she wouldn't completely destroy everything the nation was founded on. I like Bernie, but a lot of his positions are fairly pie in the sky and little chance of actual legislation passing from them, even if he was electable.

Old 02-10-2016, 09:33 AM

1,584 posts, read 1,974,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
Your dream would be this nation's nightmare.
Yea, because giving everything away for free like the Bern wants to do is so much better.

Old 02-10-2016, 12:18 PM

5,296 posts, read 5,244,793 times
No way...he's been terrible for Ohio.

Bernie Sanders is the only candidate I can vote for...even as a Democrat, I will not vote for Hillary, especially when she'll be facing jail time due to how she broke the law w/ so many top secret emails on her personal server...the media is not making a big deal of it but it is. She committed a major crime.

Old 02-10-2016, 12:38 PM

24,125 posts, read 32,491,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
Yes over Hillary

No over Sanders
I am no fan of Hillary Clinton, and I do understand what you are saying, but I find these religious zealots such as Cruz and Rubio to be way to scary.

People say Trump is a joke. But if elected, who knows what he will do? His father, Fred Trumo was a nazi supporter during WWII.

If HRC is nominated, I would have to vote for Clinton. But, it would be more of a vote AGAINST theocracy, and my fear of Right Wing SPOTUS appointees.

Old 02-10-2016, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Yea, because giving everything away for free like the Bern wants to do is so much better.
Actually, nothing would be given away "for free". Do you earn over $400,000 per year? If so, you will pay more taxes.

Somewhat more, but not enough to make a dent in your lavish life style.

Do you own Walmart? Are you on the board of directors of Goldman Sachs? If so, you will pay more in taxes. Your fair share

If you fall somewhat under either of those income levels, and you earn say $110,000 just an example, you have no reason to fear Bernie Sanders. None.

The "free college" is not free at all. It will be paid for by a tax levied on micro-trades on Wall St. We the people bailed out Wall St several years ago. Isn't it time they paid us back?

Old 02-10-2016, 12:56 PM

Quote:

Here's my dream cabinet:

Chris Christie? His own state wants to kill him.

Dr. Ben Watson? - I think you mean "Carson" - that man is off. Something is wrong. He closes his eyes at inappropriate times, falls asleep, does not answer when called (lingered in the hallway when he was supposed to enter the debate wtf?) He's either on some powerful psych meds - or he has a sleep disorder and an Aspergers Spectrum disorder. He is socially inappropriate, and should stick to medicine.

Rand Paul? - Just no. I do agree that we should not be the "policeman of the world" however.

Carley Fiorina? - seriously? Cara Carlton Sneed - is a psycho. She is a delusional, and she makes things up. Like that fantasy about the fetus.

Actually, I don't think Kasich would appoint any of them to his cabinet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio