Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2015, 04:49 PM

2,221 posts, read 4,394,149 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRnative View Post
Why does Kasich refuse to crack down on corporate livestock farm polluters in order to save the $11 billion Lake Erie tourism industry?

Tourism officials compare Lake Erie algae problem to Gulf oil spill, say industry is ailing | cleveland.com

Kasich's years of inaction and ineffective stewardship of Lake Erie should be a disqualifying event for the Presidency IMO.
I take you not a fan of Kasich ?
Don't think much concern he will be the next President..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2015, 08:27 PM

11,610 posts, read 10,446,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZnGuy View Post
I take you not a fan of Kasich ?
Don't think much concern he will be the next President..
No, but he might be the Republican VP candidate.

Old 10-02-2015, 11:41 AM

16,345 posts, read 18,071,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRnative View Post
No, but he might be the Republican VP candidate.
Is Kasich actually any worse than any other Republican on the issue of climate change or the environment?

Republicans just refused to renew the 9/11 first responders health fund, despite the fact that thousands continue to need care for serious ailments related to working on site. These awful people don't care about anything but lining their own pockets. When taking care of the environment becomes a profitable enterprise, only then might you see the GOP line up behind it.

Old 10-02-2015, 07:44 PM

Default Kasich administration allows radioactive waste processing operations without regulation, inspection

I wonder why so few Ohioans know about this? You would think newspapers and affected communities would be outraged.

Groups sue state over 'illegal' fracking-waste permits | The Columbus Dispatch

Other disturbing articles:

Plans Progress to Ship Fracking Wastewater via Barge in Ohio River | Cetology

Activists say fracking wastewater too toxic for sewage plants - Drilling - Ohio

I wonder if "Kasich" will be a swear word in Ohio in a decade or two, if not sooner.

Old 10-03-2015, 05:32 PM

2,194 posts, read 3,851,361 times
WRnative, we get it. You don't like Kasich. We've gotten that over the past hundred posts here.

I just hope you vote fewer than six times

Old 10-03-2015, 09:57 PM

2,221 posts, read 4,394,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hensleya1 View Post
WRnative, we get it. You don't like Kasich. We've gotten that over the past hundred posts here.

I just hope you vote fewer than six times
no kidding, I agree it's annoying..

Old 10-04-2015, 01:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZnGuy View Post
no kidding, I agree it's annoying..
Annoying???

I would love to know exactly how much you and Hensley have personally benefited from Kasich's tax cuts or otherwise from his administration, because neither of you have one bit of concern for all of the harm Kasich and his administration have inflicted on Ohio.

Doing much too little as the Lake Erie western basin is turned into green sludge that actually slows boats and threatens a $12 billion tourism industry? Rather than rein in the factory farms dumping manure in unprecedented amounts into Ohio waterways, criticize Lake Erie water treatment plants for not incurring the hundreds of millions of expenses necessary to test for and treat the resulting toxins?

Making Ohio a haven for high pressure radioactive fracking waste injection well operators, closing off public hearings that likely would expose the environmental hazards being thrust on future generations of Ohioans?

Imperiling the northern Ohio industrial economy by leveraging the Ohio Turnpike, inflicting massive future toll increases on a region already with likely the highest land tolls over hundreds of miles in North America, all while borrowing from the future rather than pay for current road projects with current taxes?

Gerrymandering Ohio to suppress ideological moderates and promote partisan divide and extremist policy positions?

Selling a future 25-year stream of billions of dollars of state revenues (state liquor revenues) on the cheap to a secretive, private entity (JobsOhio) run by highly paid Kasich lackies?

Gutting the local government fund causing massive increases in local real estate taxes, while slashing needed infrastructure spending and even safety operations in some communities?

Under funding state parks, even dumping state parks back on Cuyahoga County leaving a county with over 10 percent of Ohio's population with no state parks? Signing legislation to permit fracking operations in state parks and forests?

With just the borrowing for JobsOhio and the Ohio Turnpike, feeding his pay-for-play investment banker supporters likely over a hundred million dollars of underwriting fees?

I haven't even posted articles about how Kasich and the Republicans have sheltered the for-profit charter school operators who are heavy campaign contributors even while short-changing students of their educations.

Annoying? I have nothing but disdain and contempt for Kasich and his supporters, who turn a blind eye to Kasich's egregious policies.

And I'm somebody who once admired Kasich when in Congress, and, in the pre-George W. days, often supported many Republicans.

Last edited by WRnative; 10-04-2015 at 01:13 AM..

Old 10-04-2015, 06:41 AM

2,921 posts, read 1,986,978 times
Very good post, WRnative. Outside of the gerrymandering comment I agree 100%. Both parties gerrymander so I can't lay that at Kasich's doorstep.

Unfortunately, people turn a blind eye to the candidate they like or love for one reason or another. While true no candidate is perfect and its unlikely that most voters will agree with everything they are running on, Kasich is the typical DC politician that was corrupted by big money. Landing that sweet gig at Lehman Brothers after leaving the House should be evidence enough of that. He was 'taken care of' by big money after doing their bidding.

Honestly, I don't think I'll be pulling the lever for either party's candidate. Both parties sicken me, they are not representing the whole country, and its time to overturn the apple cart. Held my nose and voted for Republicans every time in my life except in '92 when I made the mistake of voting for Clinton because I disliked Bush so much, and in 2000 when I didn't vote because I had just moved to Miami from Puerto Rico, but never again, at least not until they start speaking my language on issues. Would love for someone like Huckabee or Carson to get it right but I don't believe they have it in them to take the stances I need them to.

Old 10-04-2015, 08:07 AM

2,194 posts, read 3,851,361 times
We can start with the widening of I-70 in Clark County, a project that was pushed off until the 2030s under the previous governor's infrastructure plan. Or the widening of I-75 in Hamilton, Butler, and Warren Counties which is also long overdue. Every time I'm reminded that he yanked the state money from boondoggles like Cincinnati's streetcar and put it where it's needed in upgrading our roads, I smile and remind myself that John Kasich is generally doing a good job.

I also approve of his across the board cuts in income taxes, his killing of the state death tax (pun intended), and his placement of Planned Parenthood at the bottom for receipt of state funds. All of these are steps in the right direction.

I also approve of the fracking projects as it enters Ohio into a profitable energy sector and contributes to America's energy independence so we never have to watch the Presidency disgraced by watching Obama bow to a Saudi despot.

Do I agree with everything Kasich has done? No. His positions on Obamacare and Medicaid, amnesty for illegal immigrants, and pushing of Common Core mean that I won't be voting for him in the primary.

Old 10-04-2015, 07:28 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,071,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hensleya1 View Post
We can start with the widening of I-70 in Clark County, a project that was pushed off until the 2030s under the previous governor's infrastructure plan. Or the widening of I-75 in Hamilton, Butler, and Warren Counties which is also long overdue. Every time I'm reminded that he yanked the state money from boondoggles like Cincinnati's streetcar and put it where it's needed in upgrading our roads, I smile and remind myself that John Kasich is generally doing a good job.

I also approve of his across the board cuts in income taxes, his killing of the state death tax (pun intended), and his placement of Planned Parenthood at the bottom for receipt of state funds. All of these are steps in the right direction.

I also approve of the fracking projects as it enters Ohio into a profitable energy sector and contributes to America's energy independence so we never have to watch the Presidency disgraced by watching Obama bow to a Saudi despot.

Do I agree with everything Kasich has done? No. His positions on Obamacare and Medicaid, amnesty for illegal immigrants, and pushing of Common Core mean that I won't be voting for him in the primary.
One kind of has to shake their head in disgust when you break down your positions between the lines.

You favor expensive sprawl that has no chance of ever being paid for, cuts for the rich (who already pay some of the lowest taxes in their bracket in history, believe healthcare for women is a bad thing (because that's almost everything PP actually does. You know the videos were faked, right?), approve fracking despite virtually zero regulation (because apparently, corporations will simply police themselves?), believe that energy independence under Obama is merely coincidence apparently (where is he fighting this???), believe that showing any respect to world leaders is weakness, hate that people have health insurance, somehow believe the US was *not* actually founded and built upon by immigration , and like an increasing number of Republicans, pretty much reject any and all forms of education unless it's funding a private religious institution or awful charter school.

Yep, that's the modern GOP.

BTW, what do you think of the GOP rejecting the continuation of the Zadroga Act?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio