Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2006, 05:58 PM

2,016 posts, read 5,209,236 times

Advertisements

mshay, please check your private e-mail.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2006, 02:52 PM

8 posts, read 33,420 times
I think Poland Ohio is a great area. It is a suburb of Youngstown and it is close to Boardman and Canfield. It is about an hour south of Cleveland. My husband worked with Giant Eagle in their distribution center and it paid very well. We are back in Fl now and have lived in a few other places. By far Poland and the surrounding areas were my favorite places for many reasons. Schools, shopping, homes, wonderful people and it was also beautiful. I have lived in Fl for most of my life and I still prefer Ohio. So although it has it's issues I would not say people are crazy for wanting to move their. Everyday I wish we could go back. I have three kids and they miss the friends they made and the school they went to . I miss the parents and the teachers. They played sports and it was an active happy time. Anyway I say check out Poland.

Old 11-03-2006, 01:40 PM

976 posts, read 3,864,567 times
^I really like the southern suburbs too. Especially Canfield, Poland, and Columbiana. They are all growing little communities, with great schools, safe, and just have an overall great atmosphere.

Old 11-03-2006, 09:08 PM

6 posts, read 56,402 times
Default I want to move to Ohio...

Hi. I grew up in Akron. I've always liked the small towns. I had family in Manchester, Canal Fulton, Randolf & Athens. I'm pretty open as to where in Ohio. I love the Athens area! I live in Sacramento, CA & have a 14 year old daughter. I'm tired of this area. I've been here for 15 years. I know the job market won't be great. I can sell my house here, pay everything off, pay for the move, spend 80,000 on a new house & have a little money to figure out what's next. Any suggestions on a little town?
Thank you

Old 11-04-2006, 11:49 AM

5 posts, read 17,659 times
Newton Falls All The Way!! Good Schools, Close To Cleveland And Akron. Small Hometown Feel. Tons Of Community Oriented Activities-- 4th Of July Festival, Hometown Christmas Celebration, Halloween Cake Walks, Chili Cookoffs, Football And Basketball Games, Recreational Pee Wee Sports, good Town To Live In!!!!!:d

Old 11-07-2006, 09:14 PM

6 posts, read 56,402 times
Thanks for the info. I'll check out Newton Falls.

Old 11-08-2006, 06:49 AM

1 posts, read 3,313 times
Default Small Town

I would suggest The Village of Valleyview in Columbus Ohio. It is within 10 minutes driving distance to downtown Columbus, it has it's own police department and council, it is it's own township, and it only has about 250-300 homes. It has multiple creeks that run through, it's own baseball diamond and playground, and a large private pool. It is close to everything that downtown Columbus has to offer as well as everything on the west side of Columbus.

I have lived in Valleyview for 20 years and have never even dreamt of moving away.

Old 11-08-2006, 06:40 PM

976 posts, read 3,864,567 times
^Sounds like a great area. When im in Columbus in a few weeks i will have to check this area out.

Old 11-17-2006, 10:24 PM

16 posts, read 102,648 times
Default Marion, Oh

Just wondering about Marion Ohio??? Seems close to Columbus and small, but certainly not tiny....Anyone have any thoughts about Marion?

Old 11-18-2006, 01:00 AM

2 posts, read 7,496 times
Best kept secret in Ohio is a historical town called Canfield in Mahony District.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio