Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2006, 06:53 PM

16 posts, read 96,935 times

Advertisements

Hello all! I am new to this, but stumbled on this website and forum and decided to try it out in my research. I am in search of a really nice, friendly smaller town in OH that I can make my home. I currently live out of state in a large city but long for that small town feel. Can anyone give me any names of towns that you are familiar with that you could tell me about?
I do appreciate all that respond....thank you so much! cwarner
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2006, 07:52 AM

1 posts, read 9,281 times
Hello, I am also new to this. I hope I can help , I too used to live in large city for 30 years, moved to real small town (pop. 1200) about 7 years ago I love it, its great for the kids, school is k-12 about 600 students. If you would like to know anythign else fell free to contact me.

Old 03-18-2006, 04:00 PM

Hi dlo719! Thanks for your response! Wow 30yrs in the city , sounds like me. I am definitly ready for a move to a smaller town where the pace is slower, people are friendly, family oriented, cleaner air and away from big freeways/traffic. If you don't mind me asking, what town do you live in? I have distant family in Wapakoneta/St Marys area, but was also curious about Wilmington, Yellow Springs and Carroll OH....do you know anything about these places? I came across them in research and they all sound very nice... is the cost of living higher in some than others?

Just curious...I appreciate your help, have a great day!

cwarner

Old 03-18-2006, 06:51 PM

2 posts, read 33,677 times
Default Small town Ohio

After 20 plus years in the US Army, my wife and I also was looking for a small town in Ohio. One of our concerns was we wanted to be close enough to large towns to still be able to find fine dining etc. We finally settled in Troy. It's 20 miles north of Dayton, 50 miles south of Lima, 70 miles west of Columbus, 40 miles north of Cincinnati, and a million miles from NYC! We love it. You can find some information about Troy on my website including a map, demographics, schools etc...navigate to http://mysite.verizon.net/dmorris53 (broken link).

Enjoy!

Dave

Old 03-21-2006, 02:33 PM

13 posts, read 113,186 times
Tipp City, Ohio. Great schools, great people, can't beat it.

Old 03-21-2006, 06:44 PM

Hi georgiamom! Just wanted to thank you for your response. I will check out Tipp City OH..... Have a great day!

Old 03-22-2006, 07:25 AM

13 posts, read 113,186 times
Hi CWarner! I grew up in Tipp. It really is awesome. I miss it. And, it's only about 20 miles from Dayton--just far enough away from the "big" city. And, if you move there, I can hook you up with some buddies of mine, if you don't mind 40 year old white women with attitude! Good luck!

Old 03-22-2006, 09:01 AM

1 posts, read 9,264 times
Smile Orrville!!

I have been in Orrville since 1980, great place to raise kids, LOTS of activities for them. Revitalizing schools, and industry. Close to Cleveland (50 mins) Akron/Canton (30 mins) and Columbus (90 mins). Home of Smuckers!

K

Old 03-27-2006, 04:56 PM

Hi Georgiamom! Thanks for the offer! You all sound like a fun group of gals! I appreciate the info on Tipp City.....I checked it out and discovered it is in the same area as Wapakoneta. I have an aunt that lives there in a nursing home. Last Sept, I went to visit her and stayed with her daughter who lives on a farm, boy was that great! For someone who has always lived in the city, it was so wonderfully quiet and beautiful.

Have a great day!

Old 03-27-2006, 04:59 PM

Hi! Thanks for the websites, I really appreciate it. Yes, I am doing research on it, and have an aunt that lives in Wapakoneta. She is in a nursing home so she cannot fill me in as I would like....so your websites will be very helpful!

Have a great day!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio