Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2011, 03:32 PM

7,670 posts, read 14,293,563 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stpickrell View Post
I've heard it's east of town on Route 55, where it slows to 25 after the high school and if you're heading into town, the road goes downhill after that.
Heard? I can find no proof on this lawsuit this person is claiming. Not saying they are lying but nothing on Google so far. I question its validity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2011, 07:42 AM

6,565 posts, read 14,324,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfoot424 View Post
Heard? I can find no proof on this lawsuit this person is claiming. Not saying they are lying but nothing on Google so far. I question its validity.
I know that there was a dust-up in the last year over dropping the speed limit coming into town over the bridges... Not sure where the new speed limit began though (both bridges? Only the South Fork bridge? Not sure).

Don't know if there was ever a lawsuit over it, but it was in the news that the town was at least discussing it...

Old 12-16-2011, 08:56 AM

298 posts, read 682,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhett_Butler View Post
I know that there was a dust-up in the last year over dropping the speed limit coming into town over the bridges... Not sure where the new speed limit began though (both bridges? Only the South Fork bridge? Not sure).

Don't know if there was ever a lawsuit over it, but it was in the news that the town was at least discussing it...
Here's an article about that speed limit drop (from 35 to 25) - done in response to a Virginia DOT study, so that couldn't be the dispute stpickrell was talking about unless he's confusing his facts: Speed limit dropping to 25 mph - Local News

For what it's worth, I've driven through Front Royal many times to head to the mountains, and I think it is a beautiful town. But like all towns along the route between "the big city" and "the country where big city folk go look at birds and stuff," I assume it generates a lot of income via speed traps. So I slow down to 25 mph where indicated.

Old 12-16-2011, 11:02 AM

6,565 posts, read 14,324,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SallyField View Post
Here's an article about that speed limit drop (from 35 to 25) - done in response to a Virginia DOT study, so that couldn't be the dispute stpickrell was talking about unless he's confusing his facts: Speed limit dropping to 25 mph - Local News

Its the only instance that received any publicity at all regarding changing speed limits, so I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that, yeah, he/she is confusing the facts...

Old 12-16-2011, 12:01 PM

2,380 posts, read 4,527,038 times
Whoops, never mind. I was referring to a fairly popular speed trap in Front Royal, but the stuff on the northern entrance to town is another issue. I wasn't aware the town lowered the speed limit without VDOT's approval ... and it seems neither is anyone but that one PP.

Old 12-19-2011, 01:40 PM

3 posts, read 4,756 times
The places in front royal where the town changes the speed limits are in front of the bowling alley on 340 and when you come out of town b4 and across the bridges it used to be 35 now its 25 and if its because of the bridge const.. then what construction its been done for some while now.These spots used to be 25 now they were changed to 35. The first time they changed it the state came along and changed it back to 35, then the town changed it back to 25 again.!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-19-2011, 01:42 PM

3 posts, read 4,756 times
By the way i am not trying to bash the town just the crooked officals!!!!

Old 10-03-2015, 11:37 AM

4 posts, read 2,786 times
Very true like most places, Violent crime is low, but pett theft and property crimes are higher than the national average. Yep, tie your stuff down. its that simple.

Old 10-04-2015, 04:40 PM

3 posts, read 8,232 times
"if you see the guy on your property" is the key. These sneak thieves are like Apaches. Like ole John Wayne said
"If you saw them sir, they weren't Apaches".

Old 10-04-2015, 04:45 PM

3 posts, read 8,232 times
Unfortunately
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia