Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2009, 07:17 PM

2,765 posts, read 8,339,320 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by car54 View Post
What kind of a "trap"? Are there no NO LEFT TURN signs posted? Or did you just decide the heck with it and turn anyway....and the mean policeman gave you a ticket?

I'm no prude when it comes to driving, but I'm amazed at all the people that break the law, get caught, and then rant about the cops. Just this afternoon I took my baby out for a spin. "Baby" is a 1967 Corvette coupe with the rare 427/435 six-pack motor...she's been in the family since new. I drive her less than 1000 miles a year.....mainly because I'm petrified that lawless drivers like you will run into her.

With 435 horses (rated back when horsepower was HORSEPOWER) under the hood....you know I have to whomp on it occasionally. But when I do, I KNOW that I'm breaking the law. If I ever get caught....it's not going to be the cops' fault...the fault will be entirely on me and my right foot!
Yea there is a sign posted for no left turn, problem is I was in a hurry, I didn't see it, and it was at night. I should have paying closer attention to the signs. Problem is the density of cops in Fairfax giving out BS tickets. They should have give me a warning.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2009, 08:00 PM

3,164 posts, read 6,960,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post
I'm considering purchasing a gun myself for defense. After reading in the Washington Post about all of the havoc that occurred last weekend in Leesburg with the robbery, hostage standoff, etc., etc. I really got jarred into reality. I realize that NoVA isn't immune to crime in the fashion that many would lead you to believe. It's also unsettling to have just read about the major gang issues creeping into parts of Reston now! Is no place sacred anymore?! I thought Leesburg was such a quaint small town, and I thought Reston was too "chi-chi" with its $500,000+ price tags on housing to afford the bad element a chance to pour in.
Reston is chi chi? You are hilarious! Reston is NOT McLean! Did you not read anything about Reston before you moved there? It's had gangs for a VERY long time, at least a decade. Were you not aware of all the section 8 housing that Gerry Connelly and Kathy Hudgins put into Reston? Were you not aware of the problems at Hughes and South Lakes, the middle school and high school for Reston?

Yes, a nut got loose in Leesburg. Came from Baltimore and decided to rob a jewelry store. Screwed that up and messed up everything after that. Fortunately no one was hurt. That doesn't make it Reston! Sheeze.

Yes, I would advise you to take a concealed carry course and carry a gun in Reston, it's dangerous where you live. There's nothing "chi chi" about it.

Old 07-19-2009, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VRE332 View Post
Yea there is a sign posted for no left turn, problem is I was in a hurry, I didn't see it, and it was at night. I should have paying closer attention to the signs. Problem is the density of cops in Fairfax giving out BS tickets. They should have give me a warning.
Sorry that you weren't paying attention. But I am not sure how violating a law is BS. If you had run into me, or someone else, that would have been very bad. Glad that no one was hurt by your inattention. Sorry that you have to pay for it, but I bet it will make you pay more attention next time. So it's not entirely a bad thing.

Old 07-19-2009, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by car54 View Post
What kind of a "trap"? Are there no NO LEFT TURN signs posted? Or did you just decide the heck with it and turn anyway....and the mean policeman gave you a ticket?

I'm no prude when it comes to driving, but I'm amazed at all the people that break the law, get caught, and then rant about the cops. Just this afternoon I took my baby out for a spin. "Baby" is a 1967 Corvette coupe with the rare 427/435 six-pack motor...she's been in the family since new. I drive her less than 1000 miles a year.....mainly because I'm petrified that lawless drivers like you will run into her.

With 435 horses (rated back when horsepower was HORSEPOWER) under the hood....you know I have to whomp on it occasionally. But when I do, I KNOW that I'm breaking the law. If I ever get caught....it's not going to be the cops' fault...the fault will be entirely on me and my right foot!
Got to agree with you. Scares me to have my kids in cars in Fairfax with so many people who ignore the law. I am thankful for every cop who tries to enforce the law and keep the roads safer for everyone.

Old 07-19-2009, 08:30 PM

32,623 posts, read 77,729,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denton56 View Post
Reston is chi chi? You are hilarious! Reston is NOT McLean! Did you not read anything about Reston before you moved there? It's had gangs for a VERY long time, at least a decade. Were you not aware of all the section 8 housing that Gerry Connelly and Kathy Hudgins put into Reston? Were you not aware of the problems at Hughes and South Lakes, the middle school and high school for Reston?

Yes, a nut got loose in Leesburg. Came from Baltimore and decided to rob a jewelry store. Screwed that up and messed up everything after that. Fortunately no one was hurt. That doesn't make it Reston! Sheeze.

Yes, I would advise you to take a concealed carry course and carry a gun in Reston, it's dangerous where you live. There's nothing "chi chi" about it.
Explain all the BMWs and Audis dominating Reston then.

Old 07-19-2009, 08:41 PM

3,650 posts, read 9,517,933 times
Wow, I am shocked the police did not help you at all. Seems like there needs to be an investigation of police corruption in that town. Thanks for the warning to stay away.

Old 07-19-2009, 09:49 PM

7,670 posts, read 14,270,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VRE332 View Post
You poor thing. Had you been out riding and someone disregarded a sign and almost hit you then you'd be the first screaming for a cop to write that person.

Old 07-19-2009, 10:15 PM

2,765 posts, read 8,339,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfoot424 View Post
You poor thing. Had you been out riding and someone disregarded a sign and almost hit you then you'd be the first screaming for a cop to write that person.
If someone almost hit me, first thing would be a honk and flip the bird.

Old 07-19-2009, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post
Explain all the BMWs and Audis dominating Reston then.
They drive over from Vienna and Oak Hill for dinner.

My 26 year old son rents an apartment in Reston and drives a 10 year old BMW. I seriously doubt anyone would think he's rich, although he does make more than twice what you do. That's hardly ''rich'', nor is rental apartment in Reston ''chi chi''.

Old 07-19-2009, 10:28 PM

I have friends who are gay and lived in Front Royal for 15 years, in two different houses. They love Front Royal.

Perhaps Scranny would like it there. Nice small town with very little crime. Not at all ''chi chi'', but very nice people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia