Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2009, 05:42 PM

239 posts, read 642,317 times

Advertisements

The person, who told me that, is a former policeman. I wouldn't call crashing into some couple's room, who are on a leaf watching trip, interdiction. I would call it a serious violation of their 4th Amendment rights. Should they do it at the high schools (and junior highs); you bet, but that is public property.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2009, 08:47 AM

4,437 posts, read 8,132,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaunespinoza View Post
I've heard the FR cops use dogs at the motels to sniff out pot smokers. Yes, it is illegal, but is that a proper use of police authority? Probably not. Someone once told me that Manassas is like Paris (France) compared to Front Royal.
Why would that be illegal? I mean LEOs can use a drug dog to sniff out your car, and use a "hit" as probable cause for a search. Wouldn't that be the same scenario?

Hell a cop walking past a motel could probably get a whiff of MJ and use that as probable cause to knock on a door...

Old 10-16-2009, 10:35 AM

15,402 posts, read 28,951,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneasterisk View Post
Hell a cop walking past a motel could probably get a whiff of MJ and use that as probable cause to knock on a door...
LOL, when I read jaun's post my first thought was "I'll bet that cop just told him that to scare him." Sorry jaun, but as I read your various posts over the past month I think you're the one who may be smoking too much weed in some motel room.

Old 10-16-2009, 12:24 PM

239 posts, read 642,317 times
The person who smealt it; dealt it, Normie. Maybe they'll profile you for having a Hillary bumper sticker on your car.

Old 10-16-2009, 08:55 PM

7,670 posts, read 14,245,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaunespinoza View Post
The person who smealt it; dealt it, Normie. Maybe they'll profile you for having a Hillary bumper sticker on your car.

Old 12-14-2011, 04:02 PM

3 posts, read 4,751 times
Front Royal is a speed trap heaven. If by some reason u dont think so, then take for instance the fact that they change their limit signs to 25mph from 35mph, WITH OUT THE STATES APPROVAL!!!! That is why the state is suing them now for changing the signs 1 week its 25 the next the state changes it back to 35 ... What else would u call it, and if u think its ok then remember that when 1 of their finest pull u over for speeding when u thought it was 25 LOL...

Old 12-14-2011, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yitedog View Post
Front Royal is a speed trap heaven. If by some reason u dont think so, then take for instance the fact that they change their limit signs to 25mph from 35mph, WITH OUT THE STATES APPROVAL!!!! That is why the state is suing them now for changing the signs 1 week its 25 the next the state changes it back to 35 ... What else would u call it, and if u think its ok then remember that when 1 of their finest pull u over for speeding when u thought it was 25 LOL...
And where is this in the town? I work there and have never seen this.

Old 12-14-2011, 10:06 PM

1,149 posts, read 1,591,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whfrzzz View Post

The very next morning after noticing the items missing I went to a flea market in Front Royal and there was a man there who had a table set up with every item on it BELONGED TO ME. I called the police who came - conferred with each other and told me it was my word against the man selling my property. They then ordered me off the property - even after I told them I had pictures of all the items. I was informed that I could sue the man - I have no idea who he is or where he can be found. I suspect the fellow may be kin to the local police - probably on both sides of the family.

Avoid Front Royal Va at all costs. I am in process of leaving just as quickly as I can.
No offense, but you immediately think they were related or part of a conspiracy? In all honesty it WAS your word against that other guy, and even with pictures, there's no way for the cops to know the items aren't mass produced. I'm sure they just didn't want to get involved in a no win situation.

Old 12-15-2011, 05:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VM1138 View Post
No offense, but you immediately think they were related or part of a conspiracy? In all honesty it WAS your word against that other guy, and even with pictures, there's no way for the cops to know the items aren't mass produced. I'm sure they just didn't want to get involved in a no win situation.

While this is true they (police) should have identified the man and given it to the complainant. He could then go to the magistrate and try obtain a warrant. The magistrate may refuse a warrant though but proving a case is not necessary for a magistrate to issue a warrant. Now court, that's another story.

Old 12-15-2011, 08:09 AM

2,380 posts, read 4,516,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfoot424 View Post
And where is this in the town? I work there and have never seen this.
I've heard it's east of town on Route 55, where it slows to 25 after the high school and if you're heading into town, the road goes downhill after that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia