Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you vote for Chris Doherty for mayor if the election were held today?
Yes 17 33.33%
No 34 66.67%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 07:03 AM

3,236 posts, read 6,661,422 times

Advertisements

I'll be voting for Janet in 2009, provided that I still live in Scranton. I think she will bring fresh ideas to the table and since she's the finance chair on council, maybe she can drag Scranton out of this financial abyss that Doherty has put us in over his 5 plus years in office.

Old 08-16-2007, 07:12 AM

32,620 posts, read 77,647,109 times
While I cringe whenever Janet initiates her incessant self-serving diatribes at city council meetings that can sometimes rival a church sermon, I'll admit that she has the financial background necessary to bring the city back to black ink as current chairwoman of the committee on finance. She seems to like patting herself on the back a little too much during her "sermons" for how attentive she is to the needs of the residents as compared to anybody else, but if she has solid ideas to return this city to fiscal solvency, then I'll likewise vote for her, since I'll probably be living within the city limits by 2009. If all she does is bash the mayor and her fellow council members without offering anything constructive that she'd implement to herald in a new era of city government, then I'll vote for whoever her opponent is (unless it's Doherty, at which point I just won't vote to show my disgust).

Old 08-16-2007, 08:59 AM

37 posts, read 94,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrantonWilkesBarre View Post
While I cringe whenever Janet initiates her incessant self-serving diatribes at city council meetings that can sometimes rival a church sermon, I'll admit that she has the financial background necessary to bring the city back to black ink as current chairwoman of the committee on finance. She seems to like patting herself on the back a little too much during her "sermons" for how attentive she is to the needs of the residents as compared to anybody else, but if she has solid ideas to return this city to fiscal solvency, then I'll likewise vote for her, since I'll probably be living within the city limits by 2009. If all she does is bash the mayor and her fellow council members without offering anything constructive that she'd implement to herald in a new era of city government, then I'll vote for whoever her opponent is (unless it's Doherty, at which point I just won't vote to show my disgust).
I agree. kind of. It is the likes of Mchgoff, Gatelli and fanucci that have brought this city to a standstill. Had Gatelli said no more borrowing from minute one scranton would have atleast saved 50-100 million of which doherty spent at our expense. If i were Mrs. Evans, id attack them as well.

Old 08-16-2007, 01:56 PM

1,001 posts, read 1,990,617 times
Thak god I dont live in that city. She makes my skin crawl. She is the biggest wolf in sheeps clothing out there. WAy worse than any of the others. ANY ONE BUT EVANS!!!

Old 08-17-2007, 02:40 AM

37 posts, read 94,787 times
to570717..I respect your thoughts, but if we elect doherty in again..were in some serious trouble. Jimmy connors got us out of debt for the first time in nearly a century..and dumbass doherty put us back in the whole. We need a candidate that is good with financial situations. who did you have in mind? fannucci? gatelli? no thanks! they can crawl in a rat hole and die for all i care. first they pass a law on smokeing that blew up in their face which i laughed my kahunas off because the only one that knew it would bite them in the nads..was janet evens. ..then they pass a 35 million dollar bond...then they pass a 10 million dollar loan. whats next? they are switching to geico to save some money. I mean..the blood needs to stop. if we dont stop the blood from spilling now..then we let them win. I for one..have evens back 100%. **** doherty and his little satans angels fatnucci and fatelli. as far as mcghofff is concerned..well punish him this november. the taxpayers has his number.

Old 08-17-2007, 06:51 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,827,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by casper View Post
So..it's confirmed! The golden woman from Scranton City Council will be announcing her candidacy for the 2009 mayoral bid. This comes as no surprise to be perfectly honest with you. This woman will make a complete ass out the mayor in the debates. And if judy gatelli thinks her corrupt ways are going to save the mayor, better think again. The only way the mayor has a chance at winning, is if he buys all the votes plus her votes. The mayor has made some very good moves, but for the wrong price tag. If I were the mayor i would push the contruction on lackawanna avenue. push for the new zoo within the next six months and possibly change partys. all of this he can use as firepower and quite possibly destroy Janets chances. I dont know wether to love the mayor or hate him..because he Does make some pretty good moves. just for the wrong price tag.
I wouldn't vote for Janet Evans for dogcatcher. A vote for Janet is a vote for the DD.com loons. No thanks.

Old 08-17-2007, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by to570717 View Post
She makes my skin crawl. She is the biggest wolf in sheeps clothing out there. WAy worse than any of the others. ANY ONE BUT EVANS!!!

Amen to that.

Old 08-17-2007, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by casper View Post
to570717..I respect your thoughts, but if we elect doherty in again..were in some serious trouble. Jimmy connors got us out of debt for the first time in nearly a century..and dumbass doherty put us back in the whole. We need a candidate that is good with financial situations. who did you have in mind? fannucci? gatelli? no thanks! they can crawl in a rat hole and die for all i care. first they pass a law on smokeing that blew up in their face which i laughed my kahunas off because the only one that knew it would bite them in the nads..was janet evens. ..then they pass a 35 million dollar bond...then they pass a 10 million dollar loan. whats next? they are switching to geico to save some money. I mean..the blood needs to stop. if we dont stop the blood from spilling now..then we let them win. I for one..have evens back 100%. **** doherty and his little satans angels fatnucci and fatelli. as far as mcghofff is concerned..well punish him this november. the taxpayers has his number.

Poor grammar, misspellings, 3rd grade insults, and obscenities. That post had DD.com Pilchesky-drone written all over it.

Please, step away from your Joe Pilchesky-Janet Evans shrine, and run straight to the 7th floor of CMC.

Old 08-17-2007, 07:25 AM

1,001 posts, read 1,990,617 times
I just think that Janet is not representative of the whole of scranton. Just like Chris Doherty Does not represent the whole of Scranton.

My thing is Doherty is the kind of Politician I personally can get behind. You may see him as a crook but trust me, they all are. Doherty is at least getting things done. Other mayors in other cities spend and spend and tax their residents and quality of the city goes DOWN big time.

Janet does not represent me in any way. She panders to a specific sect of people and no one else. If you are not a blue collar union worker, how is she going to help. I can appreciate the fact that if you are Union you would want her in there, I would if that where my situation. It is not, so i dont need her running the city.,

I would be willing to guess that upon her winning (which will be a cold day in hell) you will see Maey anne Wardell, Nancy Krake, Andy (SP) Nelson ect....all coming onto some position within her admin. Its called insulating. Doherty does it and you hate him for it. You say they are all incompetant. WEll i think that janet and her frineds are very incompotnet and not up to the job. Same argument just different people.

It is good that people are at least willing to get behind someone with passion. I would however go after janets bid with passion in order to keep her and her AGENDA!!!! out of office. She definitly is a wolf in sheeps clothing

Old 08-17-2007, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by to570717 View Post
I just think that Janet is not representative of the whole of scranton. Just like Chris Doherty Does not represent the whole of Scranton.

My thing is Doherty is the kind of Politician I personally can get behind. You may see him as a crook but trust me, they all are. Doherty is at least getting things done. Other mayors in other cities spend and spend and tax their residents and quality of the city goes DOWN big time.

Janet does not represent me in any way. She panders to a specific sect of people and no one else. If you are not a blue collar union worker, how is she going to help. I can appreciate the fact that if you are Union you would want her in there, I would if that where my situation. It is not, so i dont need her running the city.,

I would be willing to guess that upon her winning (which will be a cold day in hell) you will see Maey anne Wardell, Nancy Krake, Andy (SP) Nelson ect....all coming onto some position within her admin. Its called insulating. Doherty does it and you hate him for it. You say they are all incompetant. WEll i think that janet and her frineds are very incompotnet and not up to the job. Same argument just different people.

It is good that people are at least willing to get behind someone with passion. I would however go after janets bid with passion in order to keep her and her AGENDA!!!! out of office. She definitly is a wolf in sheeps clothing
Personally, I'm not a fan of Chris Doherty. I find him to be a sort of smug elitist. And I also see a lot of broken promises, as well as a lot of debt. Even the good things he has done have been left to rot. I was a big fan of his improvements to Nay Aug, until I noticed how poorly they were being maintained. The new playground is junky, broken, and garbage-strewn now. In general, the park is not well-maintained. He has left us saddled with debt after running on a platform of lowering taxes.
BUT...that does not make me a Janet Evans fan. Janet Evans is also smug and condescending in my opinion. She has no real plan other than to oppose whatever Chris Doherty supports. And no matter how much she tries to say she's not involved with DD.com, it is painfully obvious that she posts there and is an ally of Pilchesky and his nutty website.

There's no real great choices out there for mayor, but out of the obvious people who would run, I would give Judy Gatelli or Bill Courtright a vote.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania