Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2012, 05:33 AM

18,700 posts, read 42,144,881 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kychlo View Post
Craigslist - bad - mostly owner ops looking for more 1099 guys.

Hard to say specific names of bad companies on this forum....I would guess that's against forum rules. ??
That is almost correct. A bad review will get deleted from the public forum if you get into specifics. That company cannot dispute the review as they are not on here. You can say that you've had a bad experience with (name of company) but you cannot say what, exactly, that was. Go ahead and name the company, you just can't say why.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2012, 08:54 AM

112 posts, read 316,830 times
Thanks for the clarification ElkHunter and that really does make good sense (as you always do). The info that is provided is very helpful so I hope all will keep posting!

Countryboy, did you get hired as a driver? or equipment operator? I am trying to determine which will be best for me to go after once I finish school. Without real experience I was thinking equipment operator might be easier for me to get hired. Any thoughts???

Old 02-15-2012, 09:02 AM

112 posts, read 316,830 times
Does anyone know anything about Equipment Operators with CUDD Energy Services? Good company?Pay? Hours? They look like a pretty big company but have not heard anyone mention them specifically. Thanks in advance!

Old 02-15-2012, 12:34 PM

9 posts, read 23,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingtoND2work View Post
Thanks for the clarification ElkHunter and that really does make good sense (as you always do). The info that is provided is very helpful so I hope all will keep posting!

Countryboy, did you get hired as a driver? or equipment operator? I am trying to determine which will be best for me to go after once I finish school. Without real experience I was thinking equipment operator might be easier for me to get hired. Any thoughts???
I got hired on as a driver for Power Fuels. Not sure about guys just coming out of school. If I knew of a company up there that was I'd help ya out. From my experience it's still best to just go up there and start hunting but if your driving from Alabama that might be too much. The weather has been pretty mild up there though. It seems like I've heard of that company, but nothing about them in particular. They got a website? Check and see if they have an online version of the publication called "Bakken Breakout." I picked one up when I was there and it had some pretty good stuff in it. Also like other people have said the online version of the Williston Shopper is good too. If you have equipment operating experience that could be an ace in your pocket, lots of need for those guys up there especially with spring right around the corner. Company out of Bowman ND called IVM Constuction (not quite sure of the name) I've seen in the past was looking for operator. They pay extremely well, Like $25/hr plus $100 a day per diem. Operator position might lead to other things too if thats what you want.

Old 02-15-2012, 04:51 PM

2,707 posts, read 6,245,851 times
What does PF do for housing, countryboy?
Do they provide a man-camp of some sort?

Old 02-15-2012, 05:11 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,285,691 times
Do a google search, Cudd looks like it has been around since 70's. Good web links. Even one regard their openings

Old 02-15-2012, 05:53 PM

9 posts, read 23,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsMeFred View Post
What does PF do for housing, countryboy?
Do they provide a man-camp of some sort?
They are building apartment buildings, single family homes, twin homes and studio apartments. They also have their own rv park for only $300 a month for their employees. They don't just want their drivers to move out there, they want their families to come with them too. Very nice places too I've heard. Very secure, good place for a family compared to some of the other places out there.

Old 02-15-2012, 09:29 PM

581 posts, read 2,217,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsMeFred View Post
Why? How is an honest review of an employer any different than an honest review of a restaurant or theater?

Personally, I wouldn't just dismiss craigslist. The bigger names advertise there, too...
You are right. There are probably 2 of the "bigger names" that advertise on craiglist. So you have 945 not so good guys and 2 "bigger names" that may be legit. You seem very positive of the way things are in ND.......from Kansas....

Old 02-16-2012, 06:02 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,285,691 times
Always a good thing, know which posters have actual first hand experience in their subject of "expertise". and always check out the offers w/ folks that do live and work in N.D. and research any companies. It can save you a lot of grief.

Old 02-16-2012, 03:17 PM

2,707 posts, read 6,245,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kychlo View Post
You are right. There are probably 2 of the "bigger names" that advertise on craiglist. So you have 945 not so good guys and 2 "bigger names" that may be legit. You seem very positive of the way things are in ND.......from Kansas....
??

I'm not positive of anything. I just said I wouldn't just dismiss craigslist out of hand.
Btw, I've only lived in kansas for a year and a half.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota