Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2012, 11:29 PM

5 posts, read 12,980 times

Advertisements

Anyone with Cudd, Ft. Worth- I will never use your name in regards to anything you might help me with. If you really knew and loved Zach, you'd want the truth, too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2013, 03:39 PM

5 posts, read 12,980 times
Default energy services

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachsgirl View Post
Anyone with Cudd, Ft. Worth- I will never use your name in regards to anything you might help me with. If you really knew and loved Zach, you'd want the truth, too.
From what I know, Quasar Energy Services, of Gainesville, Texas, is the place to work. They give outstanding bonuses and really take care of the people they hire. My ex husband is employed at Quasar and his Christmas bonus was 12,500 dollars!

Old 01-08-2013, 05:31 PM

3,665 posts, read 8,679,248 times
[quote=zachsgirl;27682600]From what I know, Quasar Energy Services, of Gainesville, Texas, is the place to work. They give outstanding bonuses and really take care of the people they hire. My ex husband is employed at Quasar and his Christmas bonus was 12,500 dollars![/quote]
Wow, really, my husband did not get any Christmas bonus, he is working for the wrong company.

Old 01-12-2013, 07:17 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,278,277 times
Updates would be great. Hope everyone is keeping safe in this weather. I'd really enjoy hearing how newer folks are adjusting this winter.

Old 01-12-2013, 07:50 AM

25 posts, read 71,579 times
Default A better life

Well Jan, my husband went to Williston from Ft. Myers Florida in August. I loaded our two teenaged girls, two dogs and two cats into a 17 foot U-Haul and moved to Rapid City, SD in October. So we are situated 6 hours from Williston and he comes home for 2 days every 2 weeks. I go up on the opposite weekends to be with him. Thanks to him and his great job in Williston, we were able to fly one of our sons home for Christmas while he was on leave from Ft. Wainwright, AK. We will be able to bring all 5 of our children and 2 1/2 grandchildren home in the Spring for a family reunion before my middle son is deployed. I will be able to fly to Ft. Stewert Ga. to be with my daughter when she has my 3rd grandson in June. This arrangement is hard. I won't lie, but the benefits out weigh the negatives by tons!
I LOVE going to Williston. I am fascinated. And we always have so much fun. Even if just hanging out at Bubba's Bubbles to get his laundry done. Watching the people, wondering what there stories are and knowing that pretty much everyone there is just like us. People trying to make a better life for their family! I am so thankful. Even during yesterdays blizzard

Old 01-12-2013, 08:05 AM

ArmyMom...Awesome to see your update! I remember when you first came on asking questions last year. So glad to hear how things have improved for you and yours. Give that Son a hug....I appreciate our service members. Glad to have people like you in our area.! Stay warm....and keep us updated....specially when you get that new little grandbaby

Old 01-12-2013, 10:32 AM

2,707 posts, read 6,244,079 times
Rapid has always been one of my favorite places. One of those cities that "If I had to live in a city I'd pick..." I spent about 10 years with Rapid as my "shopping town" and all of my husband's family lives there. We were just up for Thanksgiving.
I'm glad you like it ArmyMom! I'm sorry you can't be closer, though, especially since you were willing to pull up stakes and move. Southern SD is still a pretty good distance from Williston...

My husband has been at Minot for nearly a year now, with the same company he originally hired on with. He's hauled water, sand, equipment and run the vac. truck. But sand is his favorite, and his primary, job.
This winter might be worse than last, but he says being a truck driver in ND has been far more comfortable than being a cowboy in ND ever was.
We're hoping to squeeze one more year out of this, get a few bills paid off, and hopefully our new house to the point of occupancy, and then he'll be home for good.

Old 01-18-2013, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsMeFred View Post
Rapid has always been one of my favorite places. One of those cities that "If I had to live in a city I'd pick..." I spent about 10 years with Rapid as my "shopping town" and all of my husband's family lives there. We were just up for Thanksgiving.
I'm glad you like it ArmyMom! I'm sorry you can't be closer, though, especially since you were willing to pull up stakes and move. Southern SD is still a pretty good distance from Williston...

My husband has been at Minot for nearly a year now, with the same company he originally hired on with. He's hauled water, sand, equipment and run the vac. truck. But sand is his favorite, and his primary, job.
This winter might be worse than last, but he says being a truck driver in ND has been far more comfortable than being a cowboy in ND ever was.
We're hoping to squeeze one more year out of this, get a few bills paid off, and hopefully our new house to the point of occupancy, and then he'll be home for good.
ItsMeFred Always glad to see your updates. I truly believe there are so many folks that learn form the folks that have done this before. You share much wisdom...I'm still trying to get you or the other wives to start a thread. When I was a young, relocated oil field wife, I sure could have used the words of wisdom that I see on these threads. There are many, many really caring folks on this forum. It has been a blessing in my life in many ways. Keep us posted everyone...and glad for your family's success.

Old 01-19-2013, 12:01 PM

13 posts, read 29,587 times
Does anybody have any thoughts on welding jobs in the Bakken area? I have fifteen years experience, and I've been looking online. But most of the jobs I see don't pay particularly well, or seem to offer much overtime. With the cost of living, I figure I need to make significantly more than I am here in Vegas to make it work. Plus, part of the reason to go there is to be able to do some real saving, it seems.

Lots of stuff I read says you should find a job and housing before you go. Other stuff says it's hard to even find a job unless you're there, and companies won't hire otherwise. So, yeah...I'm confused.

Old 01-19-2013, 04:56 PM

941 posts, read 1,918,718 times
Nice to see updates from people. Well last time I updated my hubby was working in construction in Williston then went nto get his CDL(finally!) and got it last August. He was set to head Back to Williston as a rareity he actually had a place to stay! But he got wind at that time there was a iring freeze so he went to TX instead. He got a job in Kenedy on 2nd day there. He loves his job and the pay is awesome and steady so far. He also says it is so much more livable and everyone at his work lives with their families he is the only one who lives in company housing. We will probably be going there shortly. Even though they say the areas in Eagle Ford, which is basically a radius of an hour to 2 from either San ANtonio or Corpus Christi, the housing has skyrocketed it still is nothing like ND. I mean I saw houses range from 1,200 to 1,500 a month.

After he gets experience he may still go to ND. He really likes it there and is not so much the money is a little better, he is just more adapted to cold weather and loves the scenery in ND and MN more so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota