Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2010, 12:41 PM

656 posts, read 1,140,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heat6Jones View Post
claim has indefinite/ineligible disqualification
I just recieved that letter today, I think in a nutshell that's a revision letter to tell us" Hey we screwed up and gave ya'll year 2nd yr when actually you didn't earn the correct amt to quailfy and so you'll be back in year one where you leftoff and will recieve anything you have left AFTER we correct what we paid you deducting that amt from your year one balance available."
whew!..
confusing yes a mess Oh YES!!!

So it boils down to this, did you make more in year one?
where did you leave off in year one (tier?) when your new 2nd year started?

I filed yesterday and was payed(so my history online indicates) minus the amt. I owe back.
I think everyone with eventually get that same (revision)letter with the disqualifying comment down in the corner... it probably is what we should've all recieved had we applied for our new 2nd year and HAD it been turned down to start with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2010, 12:41 PM

15 posts, read 36,173 times
I just got off of phone w/Remote Srvces rep....Sharon was her name, and she was as helpful as she could be (I even requested that she transfer me to her mgr. Irving's vmail so I could let him know)...Unfortunately, Remote Srvces reps don't have full access to payment-related data, etc., so really all she was ultimately able to do was:

1) tell me how many dollars I had used from each tier,
2) to "re-open" the current claim for me so that it might process overnight and get me into the EB program (as she said that it appears I had just apparently finished out my Tier IV)...but she couldn't really tell what would happen overnight during processing
3) Advise me to keep trying the Benefits payment Control folks (the # on your OP letters) since they were the ones who could really tell the details on which weeks got applied where, etc., and potentially even help advise on the OP Waiver issue, and
4) told me to submit a waiver of OP request via email (rather than go to crowded local offices) at esc.ui.customerservice@ncesc.gov - Sharon couldn't opine on how the OP process is likely to go, but confirmed her understanding that they're working through how to pull forward everybody into their initial benefit year process. She said to put the Subject line: Overpayment Waiver, and she said to include the last 4 of your SSN, your name, and to put all the amounts into one letter rather than sending separate emails for each OP letter.

I also got into some detail with her about whether I might actually have really qualified for a subsequent benefit year or not (where most probably didn't)...She said she *thought* the system had just kicked everybody out who was in a second benefit year b/c DOL had told them they were doing it all wrong...For my own situation, though, I had in excess of the required minimum wages earned in Q1 2009, which surprised her a little when she saw that I had been kicked back like the whole mess of folks...fwiw, she didn't know anything about the 6x rule requiring earnings from multiple quarters (like JDLJR has suggested) -- Rather, she suspected that I had been booted b/c most of my wages in early 2009 were severance from the last employer I had in 2008, and that they might not call that "returning to work" wages earned for purposes of qualifying for a sub benefit year...interestingly, I think I had just enough wages from another employer during Q1 09 too, but that just complicates matters...What was interesting about the whole thing is that she said IF I had actually qualified for a second benefit year legitimately under the rules (as properly applied, not as originally/actually applied to most), then when those benefits were exhausted, I would've still just gone back to a pull-forward of year 1 tiers...so qualifying for second year, in her book, was actually a good thing since it only adds potential weeks (excluding, for the moment, the very real possibility that the benefit levels for year 1 and year 2 aren't necessarily the same, and a total guess on what benefit level would be applied to year 1 tiers being pulled forward after year 2 benefits exhausted!). She also confirmed, though, that if you did really qualify for a subsequent benefit year, you can't "start over" the tiers...you pick up where you left off in year 1...no "do overs!" :-)

So, for all you out there with spreadsheets, add another layer of complexity to your formulas and strategizing about how to best play this mess out!

HTH - GLTA!

Old 09-27-2010, 12:45 PM

656 posts, read 1,140,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frrrunkis! View Post
Yay! Got another OP letter today! This ones only for $342 though. I guess I'm up to like $2500 now.
Did you get the year 2 revision letter along with it?

Old 09-27-2010, 12:49 PM

407 posts, read 661,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC~Carolina View Post
I just recieved that letter today, I think in a nutshell that's a revision letter to tell us" Hey we screwed up and gave ya'll year 2nd yr when actually you didn't earn the correct amt to quailfy and so you'll be back in year one where you leftoff and will recieve anything you have left AFTER we correct what we paid you deducting that amt from your year one balance available."
whew!..
confusing yes a mess Oh YES!!!

So it boils down to this, did you make more in year one?
where did you leave off in year one (tier?) when your new 2nd year started?

I filed yesterday and was payed(so my history online indicates) minus the amt. I owe back.
I think everyone with eventually get that same (revision)letter with the disqualifying comment down in the corner... it probably is what we should've all recieved had we applied for our new 2nd year and HAD it been turned down to start with.
was it a full or 50% payment today?

Old 09-27-2010, 12:54 PM

776 posts, read 1,684,867 times
Quote:
Did you get the year 2 revision letter along with it?
Nope...that would've made too much sense.

But I should also add that this OP letter wasn't sealed and was in fact open. I don't know what company they use that prints and mails their letters...but they failed in sealing this letter (I came from a print and mail company, so I know all about it!).

Old 09-27-2010, 01:07 PM

32 posts, read 48,649 times
found this forum yesterday. I'm in the same boat as you guys. Overpayments totally $1802 so far. I went to my local office and guess what? The rep told me that I now have about $300 left to draw and half of that is going to payment. She said that what I had left from year 1 was taken to reimburse ESC for their screwup on year 2. Funny thing my dad got overpayment letters and he went to his local offfice and they told him he still had 20 weeks left and owed $700. We've been unemployed almost the exact same time and although I receive more money weekly I wonder how come he has so many weeks left?

Old 09-27-2010, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo12b View Post
found this forum yesterday. I'm in the same boat as you guys. Overpayments totally $1802 so far. I went to my local office and guess what? The rep told me that I now have about $300 left to draw and half of that is going to payment. She said that what I had left from year 1 was taken to reimburse ESC for their screwup on year 2. Funny thing my dad got overpayment letters and he went to his local offfice and they told him he still had 20 weeks left and owed $700. We've been unemployed almost the exact same time and although I receive more money weekly I wonder how come he has so many weeks left?
can u give more info? where were u at? tier 4? eb?
also can u tell us what local office? rsvp

Old 09-27-2010, 01:14 PM

32 posts, read 48,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA11 View Post
can u give more info? where were u at? tier 4? eb?
also can u tell us what local office? rsvp
local office was in Albemarle, Stanly County, honestly i have no idea what tier I was on, before all this happened I was set to run out around december, is there a way I can find out online. I file online but never noticed if it mentioned a tier.

Old 09-27-2010, 01:16 PM

20 posts, read 44,658 times
Quote:
ok, my mail just came and I've recievd yet another letter (ugh)

This time it's a "revision" letter.
From what I can tell it lists my 2 base pay periods that "THEY" used to establish my 2nd year... the one they screwed up on!
It has no explanation or anything, lists that I would be eligible for on my 2nd year., now this better as heck be related to the fact that I'm ineligible to have a new 2nd year and it better not mean anything else.....

I'm tellin ya,
I don't trust them at all and if they can find away to use wording to keep you off EB they'll do it!
The bottom left corner says claim has indefinate ineligible disqualification
Anyone else get this same letter???????????????????????????
If there now telling me in some strange way what I already know and then adding it's disqualified because of their error?
I received the same letter today.

Old 09-27-2010, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo12b View Post
local office was in Albemarle, Stanly County, honestly i have no idea what tier I was on, before all this happened I was set to run out around december, is there a way I can find out online. I file online but never noticed if it mentioned a tier.
i would STILL call raleigh
its possible that you are almost out of benefits
BUT if u NO LONGER have that 2nd year, u might now qualify for EB weeks, but it might have to be manually fixed
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina