Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2011, 05:55 PM

134 posts, read 172,933 times

Advertisements

It was reported on Channel 9 WSOC TV
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2011, 05:56 PM

191 posts, read 218,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy terry View Post
It was reported on Channel 9 WSOC TV
Thanks for the info, I found it and I really hope they get it together very soon.

Old 05-16-2011, 06:08 PM

230 posts, read 275,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simpleman73 View Post
Thanks for the info, I found it and I really hope they get it together very soon.

Can you link to it?

Old 05-16-2011, 06:17 PM

169 posts, read 315,225 times
Default the link from rangerbob

Jobless NC Residents Speak Out About Unemployment - News Story - WSOC Charlotte

this was originally posted by Rangerbob. Here you go.

Hey, thanks to RangerBob for reaching out to his contacts and trying to make a difference in this situation.

Old 05-16-2011, 06:21 PM

264 posts, read 364,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemini1girl View Post
any news about the rally?

I don't understand how McComas can say there is a bill in committee. Now that it has been added to the budget don't they have to extract it. Isn't the fact that he says it is in committee null right now?
There are clean bills in Committees -- H676 and the Senate version S584.

When the 3-year look back was attached to the budget, it was then considered a different bill than H676. It didn't change the fact that H676/S584 are still sitting in Committees.

Those bills could be moved out of Committees, voted on by both houses of the General Assembly and signed by the Governor WITHIN HOURS if that's what the leadership of the House Commerce and Job Development Committee and the Senate Finance Committee wanted to do. That's why it's so vital that we continue to contact these legislative leaders:

Daniel McComas is the Chairman of the House Commerce and Job Development Committee:

North Carolina General Assembly - Representative Daniel F. McComas (Republican, 2011-2012 Session)

Fletcher Hartsell and Bob Rucho are Co-Chairmen of the Senate Finance Committee:

North Carolina General Assembly - Senator Fletcher L. Hartsell, Jr. (Republican, 2011-2012 Session)

North Carolina General Assembly - Senator Bob Rucho (Republican, 2011-2012 Session)

Of course, the 3 Chairmen of the Committees are probably taking orders from the leaders of the General Assembly, so make sure to also contact Speaker of the House Thom Tillis

North Carolina General Assembly - Representative Thom Tillis (Republican, 2011-2012 Session)

and President of the Senate Phil Berger

North Carolina General Assembly - Senator Phil Berger (Republican, 2011-2012 Session)

156 posts, read 190,315 times
Man I really hope this is true!!! I just don't want her to say something to get the heat off her...

230 posts, read 275,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistoryProf2011 View Post
Jobless NC Residents Speak Out About Unemployment - News Story - WSOC Charlotte

this was originally posted by Rangerbob. Here you go.

Hey, thanks to RangerBob for reaching out to his contacts and trying to make a difference in this situation.

So we really need to see what Wednesday brings.

Old 05-16-2011, 06:29 PM

162 posts, read 193,702 times
thak you abcde, I get confused that since it was added to the budget you had to extract that to vote. So if they can move H676 out of committee then they can vote on that. Thank you.

Old 05-16-2011, 06:37 PM

24 posts, read 28,709 times
Default nc extended unemployment

Wouldn't it be better to fill the republicans message centers than the governors. They are the ones that are holding up unemployment.. They know the only way they can get there budget through is this way. the governor is not all to blame. You can't ask her to sign something that might be as bad for us in the furture. Remember Washington when the president gave in.

Old 05-16-2011, 06:52 PM

264 posts, read 364,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerbob View Post
I need to say this..I appreciate all of the offers for money that people want to send to me because I am running out of food and am worried about my dog. We are in the same boat as all of you, and I would rather you all look after your own than to try to help us. We will be just fine. I just want all of this to to be over, and the EB gets reinstated, whether it's this week or next month. We just need to hold on and wait it out. That being said...I do appreciate all the good will and I would love to send it back to you 2 fold, and I will once the EB is reinstated and I get a job. So....good wishes and blessings to all of us.
Rangerbob, you did see the advice for you a page or so back about getting on Facebook and searching for animal welfare organizations? Keep that in mind if you do need help down the road.

Personally, I find stories of people like Greg3973 being separated from his young babies and pets going without food just gut-wrenching.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina