Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2011, 12:27 PM

162 posts, read 213,217 times

Advertisements

We have 2 wait 4 budget to pass. H439 H676 S584 r dead it will only come with the budget but its supposed to be on gov desk Sat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2011, 12:29 PM

169 posts, read 204,571 times
I think everyone anticipated this. The bill is not necessary because EB is not in the budget bill which is supposed to be "veto proof"

Budget bill should hit the Gov's desk Saturday.

The question now is how long it will take if she veto's and there's an override?????

Old 05-31-2011, 12:35 PM

264 posts, read 313,348 times
Do we know who the 5 Dems are that the Pubs are saying will side with their Budget? RIght now guys that's just heresay, aka propaganda. So we could see another stall unless we KNOW for sure that the gang of 5 exists.

Get on the horn and ask WHY 439 was moved back to Rules Committee and if they state the above, ask who these are so we know for FACT that budget is veto proof!

Old 05-31-2011, 12:39 PM

249 posts, read 305,267 times
Default Fabulous Five

William.Brisson@ncleg.net,
Jim.Crawford@ncleg.net,
Dewey.Hill@ncleg.net,
Tim.Spear@ncleg.net,
Bill.Owens@ncleg.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by soleprovider51 View Post
Do we know who the 5 Dems are that the Pubs are saying will side with their Budget? RIght now guys that's just heresay, aka propaganda. So we could see another stall unless we KNOW for sure that the gang of 5 exists.

Get on the horn and ask WHY 439 was moved back to Rules Committee and if they state the above, ask who these are so we know for FACT that budget is veto proof!

Old 05-31-2011, 12:40 PM

69 posts, read 83,812 times
I am hearing from the senators aids and repesentatives that we should know about our benefits at the end of the week. I know I have told this before but they seemed to be a little more adamant about this week before. I did press them a little bit and I have a little more confidence than before.

Good luck folks we may see an end to this nightmare soon.

Old 05-31-2011, 12:41 PM

Well now, This tells us who we need to call and ask ARE they with the pubs' budget. Let's remove the uncertainty around veto-proof.

Old 05-31-2011, 12:44 PM

169 posts, read 204,571 times
Owens was just confirmed by Berger. What are your sources for the other ones?

Do you think we should contact them? Thank them?

Old 05-31-2011, 12:48 PM

Tillis said in his press conf that Unemployment Benefits would be back-dated. If veto is held, though...

Old 05-31-2011, 12:49 PM

118 posts, read 143,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebnow View Post
I think everyone anticipated this. The bill is not necessary because EB is not in the budget bill which is supposed to be "veto proof"

Budget bill should hit the Gov's desk Saturday.

The question now is how long it will take if she veto's and there's an override?????
So if eb is not in the assumed veto proof budget,,, what is it in and how is it veto proof? confused

Old 05-31-2011, 12:50 PM

249 posts, read 305,267 times
These are the 5 Democrats that voted for the House Budget which made it veto proof. These are the same 5 the Republicans have been courting to get their support of the Senate budget.

I have already emailed all 5 to get confirmation that they're supporting the budget and asked that if they weren't to let us know so we can continue to push for EB since the Republicans have put all other bills aside since they believe they have a veto proof budget.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebnow View Post
Owens was just confirmed by Berger. What are your sources for the other ones?

Do you think we should contact them? Thank them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina