Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2011, 11:10 AM

244 posts, read 311,591 times

Advertisements

From Sen. Berger and Speaker Tillis Press Conference

Discussion on the budget scheduled for tomorrow, amendments too. Second reading on Wed., third reading vote on Thurs, back to House Friday and then the ...

Budget Bill containing EB will be sent to Governor on Saturday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2011, 11:10 AM

118 posts, read 143,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holwager View Post
No one has given a definitive answer to this. Your best bet is to contact the ESC and your local representatives and try to get an answer. If you hear anything, please share on this forum.

I'm doing the same.
WILL DO The esc told me they have no clue??? they are waiting to be advised as how to proceed with the payments when its reinstated.

Old 05-31-2011, 11:11 AM

191 posts, read 218,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemini1girl View Post
lw2011,

We were told to keep filing. I was on EB two weeks before it ended, but a friend was on after and she was told to keep filing.
I think that is the safest bet, to keep filing. It sure won't hurt.

Old 05-31-2011, 11:16 AM

Default gemini1girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemini1girl View Post
lw2011,

We were told to keep filing. I was on EB two weeks before it ended, but a friend was on after and she was told to keep filing.
Thanks, I ghuess it depends on wich branch you talk to. I did call several times and each person told me the same thing. It will not let me file anyways .... it just says benefits ex,,,,,,,

Old 05-31-2011, 11:16 AM

162 posts, read 193,579 times
Listening to the press conference and if I heard right someone said she still isn't happy with it.

If we get the retro and I don't know why we shouldn't, then we will have 12 weeks left I believe.

I don't understand everything about the budget and the ins and outs, but I do believe there has to be compromise somewhere. I do hope if this goes through that we see something by next week.

Old 05-31-2011, 11:18 AM

59 posts, read 74,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacflies View Post
If and when EB kicks back on, remember that it will only be putting a band-aid on the situation. 20 weeks of checks is not a long period. And with retro payments it would be around 12 weeks of payments left for many. Many on here have fought VERY hard to help get EB restored. Well, everyone better put forth that kind of effort in finding employment in the short weeks that follow. Because once it runs out that is it.

If we put forth the same kind of effort that was done to help restore EB then we should all find some kind of job lickity split!
I can not speak for others in this forum, but I can honestly say that I am and have been consistantly trying to find employment...unfortunately no "lickity split" for me yet!!!

Old 05-31-2011, 11:19 AM

Default thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holwager View Post
This is in response to my asking if the payments will be retroactive for EVERYONE:

"Since a bill hasn't been passed it's hard to answer. We're hoping that the General Assembly and Governor will reinstate EB, and we're hoping it will include back pay, but we don't know how it will all work out at this time."
Yes thats pretty much the answer I got. The lady just honestly told me that they were in the dark.

Old 05-31-2011, 11:24 AM

162 posts, read 193,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormcloud057 View Post
I can not speak for others in this forum, but I can honestly say that I am and have been consistantly trying to find employment...unfortunately no "lickity split" for me yet!!!

Looking every day, but I can apply to 100 jobs a week and not get a call back. But still doing everything I can as time is running out. But at least with the EB I can catch up and be able to concentrate.

No questions yet about EB at the press conference.

Old 05-31-2011, 11:25 AM

191 posts, read 218,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormcloud057 View Post
Same here, I think most probably had a plan in place in case they couldn't find work. I had it all worked out in my head the worst case scenario, but I didn't expect this to happen. I had never heard of any look back issue until this happened here in NC.

I am in the WIA program for school and registered for all on line courses in the fall just so I could work at the same time if I could find a job.
And in case I didn't , student loans would get me through the semester while I continue to look for work. And in the worst possible scenario, I would move back into the house I grew up in with my parents about 6 miles down the road.

Old 05-31-2011, 11:26 AM

264 posts, read 313,238 times
Guys plz remember NCGOP has their convention this weekend in Wilimington starting Friday so their side needs put things to bed -budget, EB, etc., before they leave town.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laidoffafter50 View Post
From Sen. Berger and Speaker Tillis Press Conference

Discussion on the budget scheduled for tomorrow, amendments too. Second reading on Wed., third reading vote on Thurs, back to House Friday and then the ...

Budget Bill containing EB will be sent to Governor on Saturday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina