Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2011, 07:26 PM

25 posts, read 29,912 times

Advertisements

after reading the last 30 post im lost....so there passing? not passing? cause really i cant find anything on this anywhere.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2011, 07:27 PM

156 posts, read 190,349 times
Its up for vote tomorrow in the house. Then hopefully on to the senate, then governor. H439

http://www.ncga.state.nc.us/Calendar...seCalendar.pdf

Old 05-25-2011, 07:31 PM

25 posts, read 29,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangman2002 View Post
Its up for vote tomorrow in the house. Then hopefully on to the senate, then governor. H439

http://www.ncga.state.nc.us/Calendar...seCalendar.pdf
sooooooo another 3 or 4 weeks?

Old 05-25-2011, 07:38 PM

264 posts, read 313,488 times
We hope not runningwolf1980

Twitter
@ncgop @thomtillis @senatorberger Ignoring #unemployed won't make them go away. They're fightn mad- high stakes game- you're losing votes.

Old 05-25-2011, 07:50 PM

162 posts, read 213,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by runningwolf1980 View Post
sooooooo another 3 or 4 weeks?
this should be a 1 or 2 day to get to the gov. time frame. On House calender for Thursday 26th. Maybe Senate on 27th if we are lucky and they schedule a Friday session. If not it will be Monday. After Senate passes it, if it even has to go through the Senate, the Gov. gets it to sign or bleed red ink all over it. I really don't understand it. H676 could be passed and signed in one day. WHY NOT THIS? H439

Old 05-25-2011, 07:57 PM

230 posts, read 275,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCEB View Post
this should be a 1 or 2 day to get to the gov. time frame. On House calender for Thursday 26th. Maybe Senate on 27th if we are lucky and they schedule a Friday session. If not it will be Monday. After Senate passes it, if it even has to go through the Senate, the Gov. gets it to sign or bleed red ink all over it. I really don't understand it. H676 could be passed and signed in one day. WHY NOT THIS? H439

This also assumes the senate, and the gov does not veto it. All that said we should probably get benefits Monday, with her vetoing it, it could be sometime later next week, or the week after, assuming the house can override (still not sure I want them to).

Old 05-25-2011, 08:00 PM

249 posts, read 305,399 times
I have a feeling they'll push it through quickly to get it to Perdue's desk and show they have a sense of urgency for the unemployed. I wouldn't be surprised if they have it on her desk Friday or Saturday so that if she vetoes it they can make her look bad again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCEB View Post

Old 05-25-2011, 08:06 PM

157 posts, read 182,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaylin View Post
This also assumes the senate, and the gov does not veto it. All that said we should probably get benefits Monday, with her vetoing it, it could be sometime later next week, or the week after, assuming the house can override (still not sure I want them to).

Isn't Monday a holiday?

Old 05-25-2011, 08:08 PM

162 posts, read 213,315 times
They should be able to get this done it is only 3% for 3 months. That's a helluva lot better than 13% for a year. At least the Gov. didn't say anything about red ink in her statement about H439. Almost forgot about holiday Monday.

Old 05-25-2011, 08:12 PM

69 posts, read 83,845 times
Stangman I am going to continue to do that. I am having the local newspaper over to my home first thing in the morning. He informed me that Buck Newton and Jeff Collins insinuated that folks like me are just milking the system and they are downing the integrity of people in this situation. It strikes me how I was told by a temporary agency in Rocky Mount that they could not let me work in Hospira as I have not worked within the last six months.

These arrogant bastards should stand with us and not against us... Oh I forgot they just dont have to live in reality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina