Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2011, 08:56 PM

43 posts, read 56,734 times

Advertisements

Very interesting, indeed. It was dated for today as well?????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2011, 09:04 PM

169 posts, read 315,097 times
Default Interesting

Fiscal note estimates only address the direct effect a bill would have on state government expenditures or revenues.

Fiscal notes are issued to help a state gov body understand how a bill will affect a state budget. They are usually drawn up prior/and alongside a bill that is going to move through the process of being passed(so all parties can understand the bills impact on the state).

This one last posted for H 676 has "NO" checked where it states that it will have an impact on government. It has todays date on it as well.

They are being secretive about this huh? (even though this is a file which is open to the public to retrieve as a pdf.).

It makes the statement clear...the federal government is paying for this--it is a NO-BRAINER--It will have zero state impact but to help the people that need it.

Old 04-25-2011, 09:30 PM

264 posts, read 364,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sicntrd View Post
http://www.ncga.state.nc.us/Sessions.../HFN0676v1.pdf

I did find a fiscal note, entered today.
Looks like progress to me.

Old 04-25-2011, 09:53 PM

24 posts, read 31,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abcde12 View Post
Looks like progress to me.

I hope so.

Old 04-25-2011, 10:10 PM

187 posts, read 259,390 times
This definitely looks like progress and we will hopefully be hearing some positive news for a change.

Old 04-26-2011, 04:04 AM

122 posts, read 161,454 times
Jobless benefits must wait in line

"We're at capacity this week," Shaw said. "It's unlikely that the House will originate a bill this week, but if the Senate originates a bill, we'll look at it this week."[LEFT]
Read more: Jobless benefits must wait in line - State - NewsObserver.com
[/LEFT]

Jobless benefits must wait in line - State - NewsObserver.com

Old 04-26-2011, 06:43 AM

24 posts, read 31,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillunemployed View Post
Jobless benefits must wait in line

"We're at capacity this week," Shaw said. "It's unlikely that the House will originate a bill this week, but if the Senate originates a bill, we'll look at it this week."[LEFT]
Read more: Jobless benefits must wait in line - State - NewsObserver.com
[/LEFT]

Jobless benefits must wait in line - State - NewsObserver.com
The story of my life right now, waiting in line! Hopefully we will hear good news this week.

Old 04-26-2011, 07:34 AM

249 posts, read 305,178 times
A representative of Rep. Bill Brawley just emailed me and said that he believes they're going to try and get the bill to the Governor this week. I asked if it was a clean bill. I'm waiting for a reply.

Old 04-26-2011, 07:54 AM

249 posts, read 305,178 times
Default Any Questions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holwager View Post
A representative of Rep. Bill Brawley just emailed me and said that he believes they're going to try and get the bill to the Governor this week. I asked if it was a clean bill. I'm waiting for a reply.
They just asked for my number so Rep. Brawley can call me directly to discuss. Any questions you'd like me to ask?

Old 04-26-2011, 08:07 AM

43 posts, read 56,734 times
Yeah - are they going to play politics again with this try? How fast are they willing to act? Most importantly - Why in God's name are they taking so long? Have they not considered the impact on the state economy of 37000 people (more when you factor in family members) without purchasing power?

We have yet to see any of them address that last question, at least honestly and with real world numbers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina