Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2009, 11:56 AM

7,005 posts, read 21,338,885 times

Advertisements

Yup, she is the biggest racist I have the unpleasure of meeting. I honestly don't know how come she likes me. But anyways, on her son's (let's call him Bob) 49th birthday she cooked up a nice dinner for him, baked him a cake with 49 candles (yes, 49 candles).
Bob mentioned that his girlfriend was stopping by to meet his family and everybody was excited to meet her. So when door rang, she answered and voila!! there she was. The girfriend whom not only was black (very dark skin) but older than him.
It felt like a scene of a movie in which everything stops in a dead silence for a moment, then continues like normal.
I couldn't even hold my face straight because I thought it was hilarious. It couldn't have happened to a better person than her.
Have you ever experienced anything similar?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2009, 12:05 PM

52,283 posts, read 52,700,922 times
My dad has some pretty racist tendencies. Mrs. Chow is mexican and white. I always tell her that if we ever break up I'm gonna go and find me a nice black girl to take home to dad.

She jokes around and almost thinks about breaking up just so I could do it.

Old 10-17-2009, 12:11 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,253,509 times
Ohhhh, I wish I could tell you this story about last weekend but it is so specific I would surely be busted on here and the woman I had to deal with would undoubtedly be on my doorstep...racism is unfortunately alive and well in 2009....and this had to do with children! Unbelievable!

Old 10-17-2009, 12:15 PM

3,382 posts, read 4,081,465 times
I guess I have been blessed. Never had an issue on either side.

Old 10-17-2009, 12:55 PM

3,769 posts, read 8,802,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
Ohhhh, I wish I could tell you this story about last weekend but it is so specific I would surely be busted on here and the woman I had to deal with would undoubtedly be on my doorstep...racism is unfortunately alive and well in 2009....and this had to do with children! Unbelievable!

Please, please tell - you can take artistic liberties with identifying facts.

Old 10-17-2009, 01:14 PM

371 posts, read 894,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cat View Post
Yup, she is the biggest racist I have the unpleasure of meeting. I honestly don't know how come she likes me. But anyways, on her son's (let's call him Bob) 49th birthday she cooked up a nice dinner for him, baked him a cake with 49 candles (yes, 49 candles).
Bob mentioned that his girlfriend was stopping by to meet his family and everybody was excited to meet her. So when door rang, she answered and voila!! there she was. The girfriend whom not only was black (very dark skin) but older than him.
It felt like a scene of a movie in which everything stops in a dead silence for a moment, then continues like normal.
I couldn't even hold my face straight because I thought it was hilarious. It couldn't have happened to a better person than her.
"Guess who's coming to dinner"

Old 10-17-2009, 01:16 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,952,004 times
What is going on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post

Old 10-17-2009, 01:21 PM

5,024 posts, read 8,895,713 times
My ex-MIL was Catholic and hated Jewish people with a passion. Everyone in the family had blond hair and blue eyes.

Whenever I would come around, my MIL would make remarks,"I hate Jews!" I guess she thought I was Jewish because of my last name and my brown eyes and my dark brown hair at the time. My ex-husband never asked her why she said this or brought up these wierd, out of place statments that brought up a lot of conversations that had nothing to do with why we were getting together for the Easter or Christmas holidays in the first place.

I'm relieved and glad I'm divorced from that family, and oddly enough, a few years later the ex-MIL died a lingering death of bone cancer. It was somewhat sad, but I think it was kind of karmic, too.

Old 10-17-2009, 01:23 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,952,004 times
Hatred eats you up literally. So was your relationship with the whole family negative?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_factor View Post

I'm relieved and glad I'm divorced from that family, and oddly enough, a few years later the ex-MIL died a lingering death of bone cancer. It was somewhat sad, but I think it was kind of karmic, too.

Old 10-17-2009, 01:25 PM

850 posts, read 1,546,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cat View Post
That sh-- was hella funny. I don't have anyone in my family that is like. We have everyone if my family from Philippino's, Mexicans, White and anything else. Then again, we are out in California so we could careless who are you, just be yourself. Another reason why I live on the West Coast.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships