Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2016, 07:12 PM

912 posts, read 919,596 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibbiekat View Post
She said it isn't safe for women to be out at 11pm. I wonder what she think about the women her son undoubtedly works with and the countless others who work nights waiting tables, etc.
Oh, but she thinks it's safe for an 80yo man to be out. Umm... Apple > tree.

Old 01-12-2016, 08:23 PM

10,402 posts, read 8,640,581 times
I couldn't get past page 2 because it was so stupid.
On page one I kept thinking the op was related to Tonya Couch, mother of Ethan Couch- who drove drunk and caused a crash, killing four people and injuring two and got off because of affluenza. Like Tonya she just keeps enabling this loser. Heck Tonya Couch probably says the same thing the op says about seeing the good in her son.
The sad part is the rest of us are going to pay for this loser son through prison, social handouts, etc.

Old 01-12-2016, 08:27 PM

6,497 posts, read 11,842,907 times
OP, I agree with your husband. You're a lousy parent. Do your husband a favor and leave him.

Old 01-12-2016, 09:25 PM

726 posts, read 1,233,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelstress View Post
OP, I agree with your husband. You're a lousy parent. Do your husband a favor and leave him.
Yeah!

Old 01-13-2016, 06:12 AM

91 posts, read 119,643 times
For those who are asking, no, my parent's aren't going to replace the car. Right now it's sitting in front of their house. They do not have the funds to put it in the shop to even see what the problem is. My husband just feels that had my son done the basic maintenance on the car it probably still would be running.

Old 01-13-2016, 06:21 AM

1,194 posts, read 1,105,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowed08 View Post
My husband just feels that had my son done the basic maintenance on the car it probably still would be running.
That is not a matter of "feelings", but of verifiable mechanical science. Any good mechanic could take a look at it and discern what caused the car to cease running, especially if it is something as straightforward as lack of oil maintenance.

Meanwhile, where is Junior this morning, and what is he up to for today?

Old 01-13-2016, 06:26 AM

5,302 posts, read 5,265,765 times
Quote:
Again, maybe this is my therapy. I know he's right but sometime you just don't want to hear "I told you so". Especially from the person you love and hope to build a future with. That's why therapy is so big now. People are more willing to take advise from a total stranger than someone who lives in the same house as them. I guess I'm just tired of hearing my husband say I told you so.
Your husband is probably tired of saying it.

Old 01-13-2016, 06:29 AM

4,978 posts, read 5,797,953 times
Quote:
For those who are asking, no, my parent's aren't going to replace the car. Right now it's sitting in front of their house. They do not have the funds to put it in the shop to even see what the problem is. My husband just feels that had my son done the basic maintenance on the car it probably still would be running.
Good, I am glad your parents are not replacing it just so loser can ruin it again. Your loser - I mean adult son - should be putting his paycheck towards fixing or replacing the car so his cousin will have reliable transportation when she returns. I certainly hope the cousin never lends the loser anything ever again.

Old 01-13-2016, 06:43 AM

5,302 posts, read 5,265,765 times
OP keeps saying her son is a "good kid". We've been reading all about what makes him a "bad kid", we can all see it. He's nothing but a loser, which the husband can see and is wanting to help him, with the OP blocking him every step of the way.

What, exactly, makes him a good kid? Waiting.....

Old 01-13-2016, 07:02 AM

19,480 posts, read 25,264,701 times
Quote:

I can not believe that anyone on the world (except maybe your son) thinks that it your parents responsibility to get the car fixed. Obviously it is your son's responsibility. And, if he does not have the money right now, it is the OP's responsibility to get it fixed and then have her son repay the money to her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachSalsa View Post
Good, I am glad your parents are not replacing it just so loser can ruin it again. Your loser - I mean adult son - should be putting his paycheck towards fixing or replacing the car so his cousin will have reliable transportation when she returns. I certainly hope the cousin never lends the loser anything ever again.

Frankly, I am really surprised that anyone loaned him a car in the first place. I doubt if anyone in his extended family will ever loan him anything again or do any type of favor for him again.

I am horrified to think that this irresponsible child is going to have a baby. And, according to his mom, he and his GF actually planned to have this baby.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.