Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2016, 08:57 PM

7,064 posts, read 9,157,914 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowed08 View Post
I asked my husband if his dad wouldn't mind picking my son up and taking him to school everyday and my husband literally laughed saying he's almost 80 and isn't in the best of health so no, he wasn't even going to ask him. I then asked if his mom wouldn't mind letting my son use her car. Again my husband said no. Both his parents are retired and just sit at home all day. When one of his brother or sister's cars has to go to the shop his mom will just give them her car. I don't see why she won't do it so my son can get back and forth to school and work.

My husband likes to say, "no one drives you car like you do" meaning, you're not going to abuse or tear up your own stuff. This weekend I was arguing with my husband about his truck. He doesn't loan it out to ANYONE. He hardly lets me drive it. He's had it about 2 years and I've probably driven it maybe 20 times. He's NEVER even let my son get in the driver's seat much less even back it out of the driveway. He says I need to cut the apron strings and let him grow up and handle his business. I just feel that as his mom I need to be there for him.

My husband said that ever time my son wants to go somewhere I just hand over my keys. Yes, he's 19 and still at home but he's a good kid. He's in school taking classes and he's going to be a dad soon cause he and his 20 year old girlfriend decided they were ready for a baby. Nothing we can do about that. He's my son and I need to be there for him.

I just feel that he's not willing to lift a finger to help my son. I know he's right but I just don't know what to do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Same thing as all your other posts. Your husband is right. Your son decided to be a dad and fail out of school. He's on his own now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Like mother, like son, it sounds like. Your husband SHOULD ask himself how he got into this mess of a family.

He's not willing because your son has proven time and again that he cares about nothing but himself, that he doesn't listen and that he doesn't learn from previous "help."

Start saving bail money for your son now, and don't you dare ask your husband to pay that when the time comes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert20170 View Post
Your son is typical of a lot of loser kids these days, and if he's not allowed to fall on his own face how is he ever going to learn? Bravo to your husband for trying to teach the disrespectful little brat how to be a man. Why should your husband bend over backwards or especially get his family involved in your son's problems? You're lucky you have your husband and your son will be a parasite on your life forever if you allow it. Keep pushing your husband, and you'll be on your own.
He's NOT a good kid, he's completely irresponsible and *you* are enabling him. No car, no job and a knocked-up girlfriend? It's long past time he started learning some lessons in responsibility...especially if he's about to become a baby-daddy.

Stand with your husband. *Admit* you were wrong, it's a far more respectable thing than assisting your son in shirking his responsibilities and creating yet another family of leeches on society.

Old 01-11-2016, 09:34 PM

3,841 posts, read 8,801,198 times
I have to admit, I was curious enough to come back to watch the trainwreck.

I suspect Momma has a vajayjay made of gold because I cannot think of another reason hubby would be sticking around.

Old 01-11-2016, 09:35 PM

3,671 posts, read 3,606,219 times
What is a vayjayjay?

Old 01-11-2016, 09:40 PM

1,278 posts, read 1,125,406 times
I don't remember seeing a response for why YOU won't chauffer him around since he is YOUR kid. Or give him YOUR car to break instead of expecting his step family members to sacrifice their time or their vehicles.

Bottom line here when you strip away all of the bs and utter nonsense is that your husband is 100% right and you're 100% wrong. Period end of story.

Old 01-11-2016, 10:05 PM

15,150 posts, read 32,534,026 times
She's got problems.

Old 01-11-2016, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasperJade View Post
Because this...

https://www.city-data.com/forum/paren...-such-big.html

...and this...

https://www.city-data.com/forum/relat...ve-my-son.html

...weren't enough?

Look, Snow, your marriage sucks. That's basically all there is to it.
I just read those two threads. Holy cannoli. It's not her marriage that sucks. I don't believe in saints, but if I did, that guy would get my nomination. If that were *my* wife, either she would hit the road, or *I* would.

Unbelievable. I get the feeling that the apples aren't falling far from the trees, and a 'way of life' is being perpetuated. How did that poor guy get himself into this situation? I can't think of a single thing she could have that would make putting up with this worthwhile...no, not even *that*.

Old 01-12-2016, 12:09 AM

48,726 posts, read 35,347,554 times
Quote:
Excuse me, my oldest is not in prison.
Just in and out of prison. Just not... in there.... right now.

Thanks for the clarification.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 01-12-2016, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraDown View Post
What is a vayjayjay?
Vajayjay is a euphemism made popular some years back when it was used on the TV show "Grey's Anatomy" (a prime-time soap opera based in a hospital, the title of which is a play on the medical textbook of the same name).

The euphemism refers to the portion of a woman's anatomy that is properly known as the vagina.

I watched the show in the beginning, but at some point I just lost interest in it.

Old 01-12-2016, 12:38 AM

7,587 posts, read 6,688,017 times
Quote:

I just feel that he's not willing to lift a finger to help my son .
Sounds to me as though he's lifted quite a few. A lot more fingers than I would have lifted at this point.

Quote:

I know he's right but I just don't know what to do.
Of course you know what to do, because you just admitted you know he's right. The problem isn't that you don't know what to do - the problem is that you know exactly what to do but you don't want to do it, and you're scouring the entire planet by way of the internet trying to find one single, solitary person who'll tell you that you shouldn't do it. The fact that you're completely unable to find even one such person on all of Planet Earth should tell you everything you need to know to make your decision; the fact that you learn absolutely nothing from that tells us everything we need to know about how this is going to end.

I feel terribly sorry for your husband, that the marriage in which he has invested so much of himself is going to end in such a total disaster. And even more sorry for your future grandchild, who has no choice about the family into which they are about to be born, and whose life will be ruined from the beginning because you're already failing them just as surely as you have failed your sons.

Sorry. Hate to put it so harshly. But putting it any less harshly would be sugarcoating it to the point where I would be lying. Because yes, your situation absolutely is that catastrophically dysfunctional.

Good luck. To all of you.

Edited: And something else I'm surprised nobody else seems to have noticed... he apparently threw a cell phone at a car windshield hard enough to break it? A windshield??? Do you have any idea how hard it is to break a car windshield, and how hard you'd have to throw a cellphone to break it? That sounds to me like the tip of a pretty significant iceberg. Sounds as though the child has some serious anger issues as well, which isn't surprising. There are about 17.859 flavors of trouble on the horizon, and I just thank god none of this is anywhere near my family. Because it ain't gonna be pretty when it all turns out the way it is definitely going to turn out.

Oh, and for those suggesting the military? I doubt they'd touch him with a ten-foot pole, and even if they did it wouldn't last a week before he failed at one more thing.

Last edited by Mr. In-Between; 01-12-2016 at 12:52 AM..

Old 01-12-2016, 01:06 AM

30,897 posts, read 16,501,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert_The_Crocodile View Post
Sounds to me as though he's lifted quite a few. A lot more fingers than I would have lifted at this point.

Of course you know what to do, because you just admitted you know he's right. The problem isn't that you don't know what to do - the problem is that you know exactly what to do but you don't want to do it, and you're scouring the entire planet by way of the internet trying to find one single, solitary person who'll tell you that you shouldn't do it. The fact that you're completely unable to find even one such person on all of Planet Earth should tell you everything you need to know to make your decision; the fact that you learn absolutely nothing from that tells us everything we need to know about how this is going to end.
Exactly.

By your own admission you know your husband is right.
People here have told you you husband is right.

I don't even understand what the question is. Being a parent isn't always easy. Do what you know you should do and stop rationalizing not doing it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships