Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2016, 12:13 PM

91 posts, read 119,546 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda_d View Post
What you do is you let your little darling figure out how he's going to get to school ... and how he's going to support his child ... and how he's going to pay rent because his rent free ride is over. You are enabling him in the worst way.

Your son will be 40 years old and either living rent free at your house with his live-in girlfriend and their three kids because neither of them can hold a job or only coming around when he needs money for more dope, and you'll be emptying your checking account to accommodate him.

Since you keep saying "my son" and not "our son", I assume your husband is not his father -- or maybe you're just very proprietary. <<shrug>> Whatever, that should be a clue about how the rest of the world sees your darling boy: he's NOT a "good kid" but a spoiled, self-absorbed, irresponsible one. Whether your husband is "your" son's biological father or not, I'm shocked your husband puts up with you since you've clearly decided that your son is sooooo much more important to you than he is. Apparently, your son is also sooooo much more important to you than anybody else in the family, including your own parents and your niece, whom your spoiled little darling wronged. IMO, he owes his cousin a new car.
So, does this mean that my husband's 19 year old daughter has to pay rent too cause she's away at college herself. Why should my son have to pay rent and she doesn't when they're both in school?

Old 01-11-2016, 12:14 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,255,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowed08 View Post
Wow, you guys are really having a field day with my misery.

My husband just informed me that he wants to have a sit down with me, my son, and the girlfriend.

What should I do? Should I let him?
Why not? You seem to like to talk about him a lot, why not do it to his face. Maybe you can print out all of your posts about him from the forum, I'm sure he'd like to know you think he is a pedo.

12,585 posts, read 16,992,218 times
Quote:

My husband just informed me that he wants to have a sit down with me, my son, and the girlfriend.

Yeah, and let him do most of the talking.

35,094 posts, read 51,382,058 times
Quote:

Seriously? He is a grown man who does not need anyone's permission to have a face to face talk with those who are obviously taking advantage of him and have been for what appears to be a long time.

Old 01-11-2016, 12:15 PM

4,053 posts, read 8,273,717 times
This family is really messed up.

Old 01-11-2016, 12:16 PM

1,881 posts, read 1,488,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwebster View Post
Oh yeah, I forgot about that. But, she's the one saying that their sex life is non-existent but when he tries she shuts him down. I've been with some women who have been out working in the yard and come in all sweaty and that's the biggest turn on to me. Squeaky clean is nice but sometimes a little funk is nicer. I don't think I'd want to be with a woman who was always perfumed up all the time. Natural body odor works for me.
Must have missed the post where she said his foreplay amounted to slapping her on the backside and saying he no longer needs to romance her out of her panties.

Old 01-11-2016, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Why not? You seem to like to talk about him a lot, why not do it to his face. Maybe you can print out all of your posts about him from the forum, I'm sure he'd like to know you think he is a pedo.
Excellent idea!!!

Bet she won't for fear of him filing divorce.

Old 01-11-2016, 12:17 PM

161 posts, read 105,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
Let's see.... your husband held his kids accountable for their behavior and all 7 are educated and gainfully employed. You on the other hand make excuses for your sons and one is a college drop out baby daddy and the other is a convicted felon. And you're upset with your husband because he won't help you enable your kid's bad behavior?!? You need to look in the mirror and see where the problem lies.
NO, No, No, the husband doesn't have 7 kids. He was one of 7 kids and his parents used tough love on them. and they all turned out just fine. The OP doesn't believe in tough love. Instead she is an advocate of just giving them what they want. And the result of that is this. Older son has been arrested multiple times and is a convicted felon. Younger son flunked out of college his first year, has tried multiple degree changes, now has a pregnant girlfriend that they planned, destroyed the niece's car simply because he didn't want to change the oil.

Old 01-11-2016, 12:18 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,255,272 times
Quote:
So, does this mean that my husband's 19 year old daughter has to pay rent too cause she's away at college herself. Why should my son have to pay rent and she doesn't when they're both in school?
Away at college = not living at home full time. She's home what maybe a few months total out of the year?

Has she also destroyed a borrowed car and refused to take responsibility?
Is she knocked up with no real job?
Did she drop out of college to mooch off of you?

No? Well it seems that GOOD behavior gets rewarded.

Old 01-11-2016, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasperJade View Post
Must have missed the post where she said his foreplay amounted to slapping her on the backside and saying he no longer needs to romance her out of her panties.
You don't even know if he was just being playful.

I'm sure he has tried but she ran off to shower first.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships