Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2015, 09:06 PM

8,678 posts, read 22,934,266 times

Advertisements

If the worst thing your LL does is put dirty cat food plates in the sink, you have it pretty good. There must be something else that's pushing you towards pulling the disgusting card?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2015, 09:10 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,821,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
We never go to bed with dirty dishes in the sink and I'd have a hard time living with anyone who did.
We don't either and me too.

Old 01-19-2015, 11:56 PM

2,077 posts, read 2,020,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spencgr View Post
I, personally, hate any dishes in the sink; period. But cat dishes wouldn't be anymore annoying to me than other dishes. What grosses me out about cats is that they are constantly walking on the countertops and sink. Now, that is gross!
I have 2 Siamese that one is too FAT to get up on the counter but having been a cat person my entire life I spray my countertops with bleach/water spray. I like Peach Salsa's idea. Does that work with the pate type? One 'meese is an oldie who eats canned for her kidneys.
Fatty eats Iams dry and hates canned ??
Cat/Dog dishes with wet food can be gross though .

Old 01-20-2015, 02:20 AM

11,025 posts, read 7,852,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachSalsa View Post
Where would you rather they put the dirty cat plates? Leave them on the floor? Set them on the counter?

Just put a squirt of dish soap on them, run some water while you are rinsing your dish, and call it good until they wash them. No biggie.

I just pop open a can of food and set the can out for my girls. They nicely share, often leaving a bit at the bottom for the dog to lick out later. Would that work better for you?
Nasty!

Old 01-20-2015, 02:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachSalsa View Post
Oh. My cats are not on the counter when I am prepping food for guests. When it's just me, I really don't "prep" anything. However, when I sit on the couch to eat by myself, I do often find myself fending off the girls as they check out what I am eating and grab my hand with the fork or spoon and try to pull it toward them.
Nastier!

Old 01-20-2015, 02:27 AM

Cats don't use toilet paper, they use their tongues. That's right, ladies and gentlemen, the very same tongues that come in contact with those very dishes that are sharing the sink with the bowl you're about to scramble your eggs in and the glass you use to rinse when you brush your teeth. Enjoy your breakfast!

Old 01-20-2015, 06:53 AM

6,811 posts, read 6,954,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchessCottonPuff View Post
I have 2 Siamese that one is too FAT to get up on the counter but having been a cat person my entire life I spray my countertops with bleach/water spray. I like Peach Salsa's idea. Does that work with the pate type? One 'meese is an oldie who eats canned for her kidneys.
Fatty eats Iams dry and hates canned ??
Cat/Dog dishes with wet food can be gross though .
Please don't give your cats food directly from the can. PeachSalsa has been lucky that her cats did not end up with sliced tongues. It's not a safe way to feed animals, and kind of cruel too. Why should cats have to "take turns" eating? Give them their own dish/bowl!!

Old 01-20-2015, 07:41 AM

4,288 posts, read 2,062,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
ive been a guest at a house, where the homeowners set the plates on the floor and the hungry dogs would lap them clean,,,, and then they tell me they haven't had hot water for a while,,,,and im eating off plates that have been lapped clean by dogs,,,im sure they washed them,,,but not with hot water
But as my brother always told me "A dogs mouth is antiseptic" so don't worry.

Old 01-20-2015, 07:49 AM

20,406 posts, read 14,693,571 times
Thing is different people simply have different standards of cleanliness and different views on pets.

As many have said, if you can't deal with the way these folks do things in THEIR house, then by all means, leave when your lease is up. It's one of the greatest things about being a renter...you can do that. Otherwise you just don't have a lot of latitude to gripe about it...because it isn't your house. You're just living there for a temporary span of time.

Personally I prefer cats to dogs...and there are some breeds of dogs I really don't like. It offends me that when you are out in a public place that isn't some kind of a dog park, other people think it's fine to let their dogs off leash to run up to people, as long as they say, "She doesn't bite!" I really don't care if the animal is sweet or not, no one is obligated to love your pet as you do. I don't let my cat wander loose outside to poop in other people's yards, I don't appreciate other people's animals being turned loose into my space without my consent.

But see, I would never go into someone's HOME who had a dog and act as though they should put the dog in a room. The dog lives there. I don't. In your case, OP, the original residents and their cats were there before you, and you moved in knowing that. If it bugs you, do something reasonable about it like rinsing or washing or soaking those dishes, but if you don't feel you should have to do that then you're just gonna have to cope until you can move out.

Old 01-20-2015, 09:12 AM

4,978 posts, read 5,775,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutty View Post
Cats don't use toilet paper, they use their tongues. That's right, ladies and gentlemen, the very same tongues that come in contact with those very dishes that are sharing the sink with the bowl you're about to scramble your eggs in and the glass you use to rinse when you brush your teeth. Enjoy your breakfast!
Does not bother me one iota.

I'd rather live with my 2 cats and my dog than most people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships