Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2015, 07:20 PM

1,243 posts, read 1,380,453 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachSalsa View Post

I don't use cat dishes. I just pop the can of food open, set it down for the girls, and toss it when it's empty. One can in the morning and one at night.
You do know how dangerous that is don't you? Cats can split their tongues open on the can rims. Seriously, stop.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2015, 07:36 PM

4,978 posts, read 5,787,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaIsHot View Post
You do know how dangerous that is don't you? Cats can split their tongues open on the can rims. Seriously, stop.
Well, I don't see how...I just checked tonight when I popped the top on their dinner, and it's a rounded lip on the can. The LID is sharp, but that is tossed right away. Sometimes the dog fishes it out of the recycle bag....usually he waits for the can, though. The can edge itself is not sharp.

Old 01-18-2015, 07:48 PM

3,125 posts, read 3,033,372 times
It sounds like you are a little uptight, which isn't a good thing to be if you are sharing living arrangements with strangers.

If it were me, I would just rinse the plates off when I was in the kitchen doing other things. It only takes a second. Plus, the homeowners might start doing it themselves out of semi-embarrassment or overall respect if they notice it.

Old 01-18-2015, 08:27 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,828,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibbiekat View Post
That's very wasteful. You should tour a landfill sometime.
Could be. But I bet a lot of people do the same thing. Its a whole lot more convenient than having to wash those things every day.

And no worry about dirty dishes in the sink, that problem is solved.

Old 01-18-2015, 08:53 PM

12,065 posts, read 10,310,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Cat FOOD is nasty....and half-eaten cat food plates are even worse....yes, worse than people plates with people food. The owners should scrape them IMMEDIATELY into the trash, at the very least.
Yes, I use cheap paper plates to feed the cats wet food. That just goes in the trash.

Dogs leave some slimy hard to remove slime on dishes, so those go in the dishwasher.

Old 01-18-2015, 08:53 PM

108 posts, read 114,830 times
There is nothing gross really. if there is a cat poop in the sink that you call disgusting. Just run water over them if you don't like it and better to tell your room mates that you don't like the dishes in the sink.

Old 01-18-2015, 08:56 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,231,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
Could be. But I bet a lot of people do the same thing. Its a whole lot more convenient than having to wash those things every day.

And no worry about dirty dishes in the sink, that problem is solved.
Could be? It IS extremely wasteful.

Old 01-18-2015, 09:08 PM

4,978 posts, read 5,787,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibbiekat View Post
Could be? It IS extremely wasteful.
For some people, though, it does make life easier. My elderly widower father, for example, uses only disposable dining equipment when he eats at home.

He will have cereal and fruit for breakfast in a disposable bowl.
Lunch will be out somewhere.
Dinner is something light...bread and cheese or a banana or peanut butter on bread, placed on a paper plate.

He does not add to landfills though....he still has a small burn barrel!

Old 01-18-2015, 09:16 PM

3,670 posts, read 7,174,374 times
3/10

Old 01-18-2015, 09:21 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,231,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachSalsa View Post
For some people, though, it does make life easier. My elderly widower father, for example, uses only disposable dining equipment when he eats at home.

He will have cereal and fruit for breakfast in a disposable bowl.
Lunch will be out somewhere.
Dinner is something light...bread and cheese or a banana or peanut butter on bread, placed on a paper plate.

He does not add to landfills though....he still has a small burn barrel!
Of course it makes life easier. Polluting the air is no better than throwing it away. Pure laziness at the expense of our planet. Eta missed the elderly part, but still...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships