Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2014, 07:55 AM

7,492 posts, read 11,849,826 times

Advertisements

I chose mine because I love my Beanie Buddy Osito lol. Original, I know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2014, 07:58 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,783,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterseat View Post
Mine's a bit misconstrued unless you happen to be an equestrienne.

It's a username I've had for years, long before I joined forums.
Oh I know what a hunter seat is! I used to ride competitively too, in high school.

Old 11-23-2014, 08:04 AM

67,650 posts, read 61,167,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osito View Post
I chose mine because I love my Beanie Buddy Osito lol. Original, I know.
Well, I've never heard it before!

I think it's catchy.

Old 11-23-2014, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardiff Giant View Post
I first heard of the Cardiff Giant in the film Made with Jon Favreau. I thought it sounded cool and this being a relocation forum, I wanted my screen name to reflect my home state of NY.

Cardiff Giant - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

People have asked me if I'm from Wales here too, which is cool IMO.
Very cool name. I just read that article and the whole thing is trippy!

Old 11-23-2014, 08:22 AM

541 posts, read 1,146,885 times
My name is for a place, Cumberland Island, GA. It is a very special place. I have been visiting the Island for more than 35 years. I loved it as a child because my grand-mother would let me roam the Island by myself. I have been chased by the wild horses more times than I care to admit. They are not tame!

It's the place JFK Jr. & Carolyn Bessett were married. I was very angry when I found out they were married there, I knew it would bring more people to "my island" LOL

I never knew the history of CI as a child, I just knew it was special. Turns out, CI has very historical past. I have read many books about CI & what strikes me the most is how women ran CI. Charles Seabrook, a nature columnist for the AJC wrote a book about it called "Strong Women, Wild Horses."

Old 11-23-2014, 08:33 AM

1,063 posts, read 1,366,863 times
Mine is also after a song. It was the first user name I could use in online games that wasn't always taken, and it's still not very popular.

You probably know the song but not by name (:50ish seconds in you'll know what I mean). Thanks Tom and Jerry.

クシコスポスト 近藤由貴/ Csikos Post Yuki Kondo - YouTube

Banya remixed a lot of really good classical music for Pump it Up, and when it was popular happens to be when I began playing a lot more games online, hence the handle change.

BanYa - Csikos Post bga - YouTube

So what can be told about me by my name? Other than that I'm not really very creative but like music a whole lot?

Old 11-23-2014, 08:38 AM

351 posts, read 694,766 times
Mine is not very creative. It's my name backwards. I thought it sounded cool so I use it in some way or another.

I am on other sites and they all have different names. Some reflect my sense of humor, some reflect my identity as a mom. One of them is just a name of a moon that no one ever talks about. I used that one a lot in the past. One was a mix of my dogs' names. I even used one to honor my husband and his kinky fantasies! OOOO! Naughty me! A few of those names I've used in the past are still used in one way or another. Maybe that says something about me. ...or maybe I'm just good at recycling

Old 11-23-2014, 08:53 AM

6,952 posts, read 22,720,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Squirl lives on. Your story is very touching. I wonder if there's someone in your life that you can bestow this name on?

Good thought! Maybe I will inject it again at some point in my life. My mother had a version of her name that went by the wayside as people died off and only those from her early life used the German version of her name. But when we moved her into assisted living, we told them her name as the one she preferred. So, during her last year of life she was always called by the name used by old friends and family.

Old 11-23-2014, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
Good thought! Maybe I will inject it again at some point in my life. My mother had a version of her name that went by the wayside as people died off and only those from her early life used the German version of her name. But when we moved her into assisted living, we told them her name as the one she preferred. So, during her last year of life she was always called by the name used by old friends and family.
That is so sweet! Very thoughtful of your family to pass that on to the assisted living home.

Old 11-23-2014, 09:06 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,226,727 times
"Lilac" for the bazillion lilac bushes we had in the back yard when I was a kid. My mother would always send me off with a bunch for my teacher. "110" because it was my favorite number as a kid. Everyone else was into lucky 7s or rebellious 13s. But 110? That was different. So I guess my name here is about childhood.

I have other names on blogs, social media, and other boards. Many, if not most, are derivatives of the latin names of a critter or plant. My Instagram name is a nonsense word I made up in frustration because the first dozen names or so that I tried were taken. It's actually a pretty neat name, if I say so, myself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships