Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2014, 12:24 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,853,687 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdad7x View Post
In my case my user name doesn't have anything to do with my personality, but is more about something that's important to me, and a big part of my daily life. Several years ago I started posting comments on some cat rescue blogs, and came up with my name because at the time I had 7 cats living with me. So it was a way for me to identify myself as a cat person when I posted. I kept using it when I started posting here on CD in the cat forum. If I had started here in another forum, I might have made up a different name.
That's really cool!

So would you say you have a soft spot in your heart for animals - maybe even especially cats? Would you say that soft spot is indicative of a good aspect of your personality? I'd say so, but hey, that's just my take on it.

But see what I mean? Whether you meant to send that message or not, the message I got was "Hey, that guy likes cats! Awww! Nice."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2014, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachSalsa View Post
I happened to be making homemade peach salsa the day I joined the forum.
Well, that sounds delicious.

In fact, your name sounds delicious. It sounds sweet and spicy all at once. That's what I think of when I read your name and I can't help but transfer some of that concept onto you as a person.

But it's a fleeting thought, not some sort of obsessive thought, so don't let that freak you out.

Old 11-22-2014, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post
Hmmm...
Haha....let me think...

Personally, I like pickles. However, I can tell you from personal experience that pickle juice and vodka don't make a good martini. My dad and I tried that once when we couldn't find any olives and it sucked.

Your name makes me feel like sort of perking up and paying attention!

Old 11-22-2014, 12:30 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,718,665 times
I am the Dissenter because I think differently than most of the world. I'm half a-hole half thinker which not many are.

Old 11-22-2014, 12:31 PM

8,268 posts, read 8,643,023 times
I think some people start these types of threads to win a contest.

Old 11-22-2014, 12:35 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,225,470 times
One user name that sticks out in my mind is "incompl" just because how clever it is. Whenever I see "Idon'tdateyou" on here, I get a chuckle from it. People are interesting with their user names.

Old 11-22-2014, 12:38 PM

4,977 posts, read 5,763,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay5835 View Post
What do you put in it besides peaches? Also, I've always wondered, isn't it a mess, chopping your peeled peaches that small?
Let's see....it's basically onions, peppers (green, banana, jalapeno), cilantro, tomatoes, salt, raw garlic, lime juice, and peaches.

No mess! I have a hand chopper and first add the quartered onions and peppers to chop, throw in the garlic and cilantro, mix a little more, add the tomatoes and peaches (quartered), chop a little more, throw in the salt and lime juices, mix a little more, taste to see what else it needs, and pour into a bowl. It's gone in about 10 minutes if my boys are around.

I used to peel the peaches by dipping in boiling water for 60 seconds, but now I just wash them, pit them, and throw them in the chopper.

It's quick, easy, and not too messy.

Old 11-22-2014, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
I am the Dissenter because I think differently than most of the world. I'm half a-hole half thinker which not many are.
And a fine one you are at that!

Thanks for the explanation - and by the way, I think your name is perfect for conveying your sentiments.

I personally love hearing the opinions of people who are naturally sort of gnarly and skeptical and ornery. Too much sweetness and light is boring!

Old 11-22-2014, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkalot View Post
I think some people start these types of threads to win a contest.
I think you're overthinking it. Maybe that's because you thinkalot.

Old 11-22-2014, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachSalsa View Post
Let's see....it's basically onions, peppers (green, banana, jalapeno), cilantro, tomatoes, salt, raw garlic, lime juice, and peaches.

No mess! I have a hand chopper and first add the quartered onions and peppers to chop, throw in the garlic and cilantro, mix a little more, add the tomatoes and peaches (quartered), chop a little more, throw in the salt and lime juices, mix a little more, taste to see what else it needs, and pour into a bowl. It's gone in about 10 minutes if my boys are around.

I used to peel the peaches by dipping in boiling water for 60 seconds, but now I just wash them, pit them, and throw them in the chopper.

It's quick, easy, and not too messy.
My gosh, that sounds delicious. If you ever post the recipe in the Food section of the forum, please let me know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships