Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2014, 11:32 AM

3,393 posts, read 4,021,597 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by puginabug View Post
If the teller was joking, she should have said so when the op put the thing back, and insisted he/she take one, maybe even two or more.

And if her "customer-free" time was being interrupted, too bad! If they're open til 5, they're open til 5, not 4:50!

Don't think it's worth contacting the supervisor about, but if either scenario were to happen again, you bet I would!
Exactly!

I worked at a bank and the manager always opened 5-10 mins EARLY. She said, "As long as we are ready early, why not? All those people waiting outside are obviously the early-bird type, so they will appreciate it."

It made me proud to work there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2014, 12:46 PM

655 posts, read 1,132,991 times
If the teller had said that to me I seriously would have asked her what the age limit was on the suckers. I mean, if someone is "too old" then there must be a max age limit, right? Then I would ask why the age limit was not clearly posted. It is hard to abide by a rule if you don't know what it is.

I know that the right thing is to walk away but sometimes you just have to deal with snarky people on their level.

Old 02-12-2014, 06:08 PM

313 posts, read 498,517 times
I take a Dum Dum every time I go to the bank. Nobody seems to say anything. Though I'm in California and people generally mind each other's business.

Old 02-12-2014, 07:25 PM

48,632 posts, read 35,099,152 times
That was extremely rude of the teller. While I rarely eat it, I have always assumed candy in open jars was for anyone.

I think that would miff me enough to make a call to the bank.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 02-13-2014, 08:05 AM

88,885 posts, read 85,346,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emigrations View Post
I just left the bank where I went inside and deposited money with the teller. They have always had an open jar of suckers within reach, and I like suckers, so I took one as I have in the past. The teller, whom I've never seem before, said with a stern look "aren't you too old for that?" I didn't say anything and put it back.

I felt like an idiot, but it wasn't the last sucker and there was nothing to indicate it was for kids only. It just seems so silly to scold someone for a sucker in an open space.
You should have taken the candy. It was obnoxious of the teller to yell at you. Great customer relations there.

My bank has lollipops (green and purple--east coast people can figure out what bank I'm talking about). I always take one. I take two if the teller isn't looking, hehehe, and once when I went through the drive-through, I asked them for one.

Old 02-13-2014, 08:52 AM

11,831 posts, read 12,094,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
That was extremely rude of the teller. While I rarely eat it, I have always assumed candy in open jars was for anyone.

I think that would miff me enough to make a call to the bank.
What I notice around here is open candy jars are for everyone and things for children only are usually kept behind a desk and offered to a child who comes in with a parent.

Old 02-13-2014, 12:25 PM

2,113 posts, read 2,414,512 times
Wow. Who p*ssed in that teller's Corn Flakes that morning?

OP, you didn't do anything wrong. She sounds like one of those people that take themselves so seriously as though the Dum-Dums were coming out of her own paycheck. Or, she feels like she has to engage in petty power struggles because she's not satisfied with the job. You know, like the person behind the fast food counter that acts like they can singlehandedly save the company from certain ruination if they don't let those two extra ketchup packets go out the door. Anyway, whatever the issue is, it's not your problem. It's not as though you took the entire container.

If she acts like that again, I would say something. People like that teller need to remember that the customer is the reason that she has a job.

Old 02-13-2014, 12:27 PM

1,035 posts, read 2,067,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sawyersmom View Post
I would've said, "NOPE" and would've left with it. =)

Old 02-13-2014, 12:40 PM

1,843 posts, read 3,067,155 times
Wow what a mean lady! The last time I was at the bank I was offered one...

Old 02-13-2014, 03:15 PM

120 posts, read 213,446 times
That was one obnoxious teller. You are a customer and she is trying to spare candy from you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships