Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2014, 06:42 AM
LLN

5,265 posts, read 10,791,586 times

Advertisements

I would have told her to...well you know, but I am still pretty immature for a senior.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2014, 06:48 AM

11,292 posts, read 9,925,956 times
Her: "Aren't you a little old for that?"

Me: "Nope, but I am too old for YOU to be scolding ME".

Old 02-12-2014, 06:51 AM

44,252 posts, read 64,657,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emigrations View Post
I just left the bank where I went inside and deposited money with the teller. They have always had an open jar of suckers within reach, and I like suckers, so I took one as I have in the past. The teller, whom I've never seem before, said with a stern look "aren't you too old for that?" I didn't say anything and put it back.

I felt like an idiot, but it wasn't the last sucker and there was nothing to indicate it was for kids only. It just seems so silly to scold someone for a sucker in an open space.
WTF?

I am 38 and my bank *knows* that I am gonna want a dum dum. I have never heard anyone anywhere (including the pediatricians' office) say a darn thing about our taking one freakin' piece of candy.

Wow. Nice lady.

Old 02-12-2014, 06:52 AM

44,252 posts, read 64,657,767 times
Ha! Next time tell her you have progeria.

Old 02-12-2014, 07:07 AM

7,136 posts, read 12,720,546 times
Unbelievable. At my bank they even give treats to dogs, so why couldn't anyone have a lollipop?

"Aren't you too old for a sucker?"

No. Aren't you too nasty to be in a customer service type of job?

Old 02-12-2014, 08:22 AM

7,258 posts, read 4,945,355 times
If the teller was joking, she should have said so when the op put the thing back, and insisted he/she take one, maybe even two or more.

And if her "customer-free" time was being interrupted, too bad! If they're open til 5, they're open til 5, not 4:50!

Don't think it's worth contacting the supervisor about, but if either scenario were to happen again, you bet I would!

Old 02-12-2014, 08:57 AM

3,490 posts, read 6,130,485 times
"Nope, I'm young enough for two!" *Takes another*

My previous credit union (in another state, so not possible to visit) used to put out fresh cookies on Friday. When I came in they would encourage me to have a cookie. I would try to visit Friday morning and get one or two before people got germs on them

University of Iowa Community Credit Union, for anyone that lives near there

I'm about 30. I didn't have any concerns about eating their cookies. For heaven's sake, they put out a large plate (20 to 40 cookies) on a Friday morning. There were very few children. They were there for the adults.

PS. A good sense of humor is a must for a bank teller. I would go in with a few hundred in ones and fives and ask them to count it and deposit it. Then I would tell them I got a new job stripping to help pay the bills. (I'm a man, with a beard, but I was handing them hundreds in ones so it was hard to disbelieve) By the time they got back from the counting machine, one of their coworkers would've told them I was the vendor and the money was from my change machines. It usually got a big smile out of them.

Old 02-12-2014, 09:01 AM

3,490 posts, read 6,130,485 times
BTW. This is in non-romantic relationships. I had read the title and thought this was friends and family scolding the OP for taking a stupid person under their roof. Oh well, I was being a bit dumb on that.

Old 02-12-2014, 09:38 AM

9,053 posts, read 17,267,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lurtsman View Post
BTW. This is in non-romantic relationships. I had read the title and thought this was friends and family scolding the OP for taking a stupid person under their roof. Oh well, I was being a bit dumb on that.
That made me spew coffee. You owe me a keyboard. LOL

Old 02-12-2014, 11:18 AM

830 posts, read 1,673,536 times
Default We all can be "dum"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurtsman View Post
That's why I wanted to read this thread. Should have known it was candy! "Taking a dum-dum..." hmm... Anyway my first inclination was to say that the teller was joking but is not Miss Personality and the joke came out wrong. Then again I recall a recent retail interaction with a woman of a certain age... Plus I work with a lot of women like that too... You know the longer I live the less I understand people. The candy jar is out for everyone; I do not partake but my husband does every chance he gets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships