Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you comply with a city issued shelter in place order?
Yes 132 74.16%
No 46 25.84%
Voters: 178. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2020, 05:13 PM

4,757 posts, read 3,362,533 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxlover View Post
You know what after years of seeing theses guys, if people want to send them money, that's on them. But if they make promises they should be liable for lawsuits

Absolutely! It's false advertising X100. I'm sick of these religious institutions being given a free pass because of their "holy" status in this country. I hope churches aren't having in-person service in NYC. I'm curious as to how that would go regarding enforcing the quarantine on a church (es).

Old 03-28-2020, 05:22 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,708,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
There are huge First Amendment issues with keeping religious congregations from meeting. There are a number of issues I'm surprised have gotten legal challenges, this is probably the most blatant.
In emergencies like this across the spectrum they will tell you to shove your legal issues where the sun don't shine and you can sort it all out later.

Old 03-28-2020, 05:26 PM

3,730 posts, read 3,461,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
In emergencies like this across the spectrum they will tell you to shove your legal issues where the sun don't shine and you can sort it all out later.
Tell me other times the federal gov't has done this? Other than movies.

Old 03-28-2020, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werdywerd View Post
Tell me other times the federal gov't has done this? Other than movies.
how many days now have we heard of "it won't happen" things only to have it happen anyways. I'm at the point now where I am expecting the worst and hoping for the best

Old 03-28-2020, 05:28 PM

Quote:
how many days now have we heard of "it won't happen"
What happened? What has gov't done that "they" said wouldn't happen that eventually happened?

Old 03-28-2020, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werdywerd View Post
What happened? What has gov't done that "they" said wouldn't happen that eventually happened?
closures, lockdowns, restrictions, etc...

Old 03-28-2020, 05:30 PM

Quote:
You mean the VOLUNTARY self quarantine? That was always in the plans if needed.

Old 03-28-2020, 05:30 PM

4,587 posts, read 2,596,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Good point. Serving as a legislator (and VP is basically a glorified legislator with no real job except to break ties in the Senate should they arise) is far different from actually having to make decisions in an executive capacity.

Judging from Biden's sideline commentary (calling the decision to close off flights to China premature, xenophobic, racist, etc.) in this situation, we should be thanking our lucky stars that he isn't president.
Biden is not the President by the way and was not being advised. I see this talking point is being repeated ad nauseam by Trump supporters for days now, which only means they heard it on Fox or Hannity. But had Biden been the President he would have followed the best advice and communicated more effectively. At which time Republicans would have cried he is killing the economy. Well that is my opinion and it's just as provable as your opinion as to what Biden would have done.

Old 03-28-2020, 05:31 PM

30,612 posts, read 18,192,641 times
Quote:
I have a mistrust of government generally as well. That said, I can only take people at their word, and acknowledge that situations change daily that will lead to original decisions and opinions being modified or changed. I don't view that as too controversial.

Old 03-28-2020, 05:36 PM

855 posts, read 450,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bxlover View Post
Biden is not the President by the way and was not being advised. I see this talking point is being repeated ad nauseam by Trump supporters for days now, which only means they heard it on Fox or Hannity. But had Biden been the President he would have followed the best advice and communicated more effectively. At which time Republicans would have cried he is killing the economy. Well that is my opinion and it's just as provable as your opinion as to what Biden would have done.
Biden can't even complete a sentence. What do you mean he'd communicate more effectively. Sign language?

The progressive point of view across the board was that stopping travel coming in from Wuhan was racist. That's a fact. Has nothing to do with Fox News. And that mindset puts this nation at risk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City