Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you comply with a city issued shelter in place order?
Yes 132 74.16%
No 46 25.84%
Voters: 178. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2020, 04:27 PM

15,856 posts, read 14,483,585 times

Advertisements

They know they can't really do anything. They've known from the beginning. But they can't appear to look like they can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
Just take a moment to look back in (the very short time) of recent events, how they weren't going to do this or that, and the next day they did it. At every level of government. I don't trust any of them anymore, not because they're dishonest (which many/most are) but because this situation has gotten so big and out of control that they have no idea what they're going to do and every word out of their mouth right now is being used to maintain control of the population so people don't completely panic. This is just like week 1.X of 5+ weeks of hell coming up and there will be panic I promise you. I'm not sticking around to be proven right or wrong there is no reason to stay in NYC there's nothing here left right now except confinement.

Old 03-28-2020, 04:29 PM

30,639 posts, read 18,235,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bxlover View Post
Would Biden have eliminated the pandemic advisor posts Obama had ? If we are talking politics and elections we can go on what we definitely know to have been Trumps performance. We have a timeline, we have his tweets, we have his quotes, over more then a month. If that's cool vote to re elect so he can be there for an other emergency. If that's cool with you then that's your call.
Tell me what the harm was done in eliminating some and reassigning others (who stilled worked on pandemic response) black suits on the NSC? I'm genuinely curious. The CDC, NIH, and other federal agencies were still staffed with career professionals whose job it is to handle pandemic response. Again, cutting down on NSC didn't do a thing for preparedness, unless you're going to argue that the CDC, NIH, and others were asleep at the wheels all these years

Moving on, Biden would not have closed off flights to China when President Trump did (if ever). Remember, he and other leftists called such a move premature, xenophobic, and racist That move saved thousands of lives.

Old 03-28-2020, 04:30 PM

Link please, because I'm hugely skeptical. Viruses aren't functional outside an organism. They don't generate heat themselves.

Now an infrared camera CAN be used to detect people with a fever. That CAN be useful.. But that vastly different from detecting viruses on a surface.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pengin View Post
I just saw the video, the guy had an infrared camera that can show the coronavirus on surfaces...he was walking around Brooklyn with it, shooting the camera at the sidewalk, subway. The virus was EVERYWHERE!

Old 03-28-2020, 04:32 PM

37,157 posts, read 39,418,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Effectively nations are treading this epidemic like war and assuming great power. A total quarantine for NYC would not surprise me. Just shut down airports and trains and block off highways with military.
Nations that have so far most effectively dealt with the virus have not had to do any of that. What they did do was have a clear plan for what to do, have clear communication to the public that the public can trust, ramp up protective gear and medical supplies even if they originally did not have enough of that manufacturing capability, and deployed a lot of testing.

Old 03-28-2020, 04:33 PM

4,587 posts, read 2,599,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Tell me what the harm was done in eliminating some and reassigning others (who stilled worked on pandemic response) black suits on the NSC? I'm genuinely curious. The CDC, NIH, and other federal agencies were still staffed with career professionals whose job it is to handle pandemic response. Again, cutting down on NSC didn't do a thing for preparedness, unless you're going to argue that the CDC, NIH, and others were asleep at the wheels all these years

Moving on, Biden would not have closed off flights to China when President Trump did (if ever). Remember, he and other leftists called such a move premature, xenophobic, and racist That move saved thousands of lives.
Well I see how this will go. I know where you stand and why. Stay safe.

Old 03-28-2020, 04:37 PM

987 posts, read 779,931 times
Quote:
I just saw the video, the guy had an infrared camera that can show the coronavirus on surfaces...he was walking around Brooklyn with it, shooting the camera at the sidewalk, subway. The virus was EVERYWHERE!

What Video? Link please!

Old 03-28-2020, 04:38 PM

4,587 posts, read 2,599,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
Nations that have so far most effectively dealt with the virus have not had to do any of that. What they did do was have a clear plan for what to do, have clear communication to the public that the public can trust, ramp up protective gear and medical supplies even if they originally did not have enough of that manufacturing capability, and deployed a lot of testing.
Perhaps now in the future we will have a plan. Like we have fire drills and shelter in place drills at work we will have training at work in school for preparing to work and go to school at home . We will have masks and gloves for weeks and food stores.

Old 03-28-2020, 04:40 PM

3,735 posts, read 3,471,180 times
Quote:
And you thought it was real. This is why education is important.

Old 03-28-2020, 04:42 PM

Given the timing, it wouldn't be Biden anyway, it would have been the Hildabeast. Given her disastrous tenure as Secretary of State, no, I wouldn't expect she would have done any better.

As far as Biden, he's never RUN anything, he was a legislator. No one really has any idea how he would be as an executive at anything, because he's never done it before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxlover View Post
Would Biden have eliminated the pandemic advisor posts Obama had ? If we are talking politics and elections we can go on what we definitely know to have been Trumps performance. We have a timeline, we have his tweets, we have his quotes, over more then a month. If that's cool vote to re elect so he can be there for an other emergency. If that's cool with you then that's your call.

Old 03-28-2020, 04:43 PM

1,486 posts, read 989,683 times
The is just a tip of the iceberg where some churches will take advantage of others for their own greed. Brace yourself for Easter Sunday.

Quote:
A Louisiana pastor is apparently defying the governor's order against gatherings of more than 50 people by hosting over 1,000 churchgoers at a service Sunday and bringing together hundreds at another service Tuesday, according to the pastor and local media.
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...eople-n1168501
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City