Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you comply with a city issued shelter in place order?
Yes 132 74.16%
No 46 25.84%
Voters: 178. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2020, 12:15 PM

874 posts, read 456,188 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoullessOne View Post

“[…] The US have already failed because they didn’t watch what was happening in China and stop the international flights […].”

Quote:
"China and the international flights..."

they should of, from the 1990’s… [ the baastds....].

Old 03-23-2020, 12:16 PM

2,666 posts, read 7,343,087 times
Do you see any military / national guard presence in NYC right now ?

Old 03-23-2020, 12:30 PM

4,587 posts, read 2,606,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pappjohn View Post
NYC has too many caronavirus carriers, too many illegals and foreigners.
Smart people stay off the streets.
The foreigners are very often still the ones preparing and delivering the food we all need.

Old 03-23-2020, 12:37 PM

25,556 posts, read 24,013,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
The same thing is happening IN NJ, PA, CA, OH, and HI, at least off the top of my head. And anyone who wants to leave the city, and has someplace else to go, can. Travel has not been stopped. In point of fact, what's really happened is that businesses have been shut down. Again that's happening, if not everywhere, in a lot of states now. I can still go out. Take out food places are still open. I went out and picked up breakfast this morning.

I think I'd rather be here, in walking distance to six major hospitals, than out in the middle of nowhere, where if it got it, I might have one rinky dink hospital to go to, which will saturate if they get three cases.

A bigger driver of future real estate patterns is what the economy looks like post pandemic. If things get back to something vaguely resembling normal, gentrification will fire back up. It may take a year or two.
Some people have been told to go home, that they’re fine and have died the next day. Being in a crowded city does not give you easier access to hospitals during this kind of crisis.

It’s not just the illness, it’s the lockdown and the fact during the next epidemic the government can do the same.

Museums, gyms, restaurants, bars, movie theaters are closed. Anything interesting about urban life closed, and will remain closed until the government decides otherwise. Gentrifiers come to the city as young people to escape societies they find oppressive as young people. Daddy Cuomo has shown then NY can just as authoritarian, if not more

Old 03-23-2020, 12:38 PM

2,087 posts, read 1,137,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinjsxx View Post

Watched the whole thing. Freaky. It hoits.

Old 03-23-2020, 01:00 PM

1 posts, read 657 times
Why are cities like NYC allowing all construction work to continue, not only is this an increased risk of spreading the virus but also creates unnecessary competition for N95 dust masks.
I can see where some construction projects need to continue due to special circumstances but as of right now all construction projects are ongoing without any restrictions.
I know construction workers working on adding a new deck to an existing single family home, how is that considered essential work?

Old 03-23-2020, 01:03 PM

1,486 posts, read 993,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bxlover View Post
The foreigners are very often still the ones preparing and delivering the food we all need.
EXACTLY!!! I hope everyone takes a good look at whose making, delivering, and working making sure others have the basic needs to get through this pandemic.

Old 03-23-2020, 01:08 PM

3,751 posts, read 3,486,627 times
Once again, very promising! Let's keep hoping and/or praying (whichever you prefer)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93Tp...ature=youtu.be

Old 03-23-2020, 01:08 PM

15,879 posts, read 14,517,338 times
Where are you in Spain, in the city our out in the countryside? I hear the whole country is on lockdown. What advantage is being out of the city? Even in NYC, the lockdown does't seem as severe as in Spain.

Also, people go where the jobs are. I don't think,once the economy is started up again, the jobs are moving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Some people have been told to go home, that they’re fine and have died the next day. Being in a crowded city does not give you easier access to hospitals during this kind of crisis.

It’s not just the illness, it’s the lockdown and the fact during the next epidemic the government can do the same.

Museums, gyms, restaurants, bars, movie theaters are closed. Anything interesting about urban life closed, and will remain closed until the government decides otherwise. Gentrifiers come to the city as young people to escape societies they find oppressive as young people. Daddy Cuomo has shown then NY can just as authoritarian, if not more

Old 03-23-2020, 01:18 PM

19 posts, read 17,461 times
Default How does the eviction freeze apply to people who rent rooms in NYC?

Hi, question says it all. I currently rent a room in an apt with 2 other people, the person who's name is on the lease and the person i rent from lives in New Jersey. I was just wondering how the eviction freeze in NYS would apply to myself and the several thousands of other renters in NYC. I'm an independent contractor and my work hours have been reduced to over 90% since I have to work from home now, I was basically living from paycheck to paycheck working to put my life back together. Also I have lived here for almost a year, the rent is paid weekly and i was never late once. Thank you everyone, stay safe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City