Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you comply with a city issued shelter in place order?
Yes 132 74.16%
No 46 25.84%
Voters: 178. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2020, 01:51 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,119,784 times

Advertisements

Japanese are panicking about not being able to buy toilet paper. https://nypost.com/2020/02/28/japan-...navirus-fears/

This may be a glimpse into our future

Old 02-28-2020, 07:56 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,536,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leoliu View Post
You are probably half nuts on this...not even a whole one...nobody is in a position to politicize public health matters in a country like the US...it is a short cut to death penalty, even if it is trump.

NY should ban CA travelers from entering NY or entering with extended quarantines before it is too late. I am surprised that there is no outbreak in Canada yet, given the tardy response their administration responded to the threat.

Nobody should laugh if no outbreak occurs three months later...you should be thankful for the "fear mongering" precaution measures that the admin implements to save everyone from a deadly chaos.

Just because there haven't been any terrorist blow ups in NYC doesn't mean that terrorist threat doesn't exist....you have to thank the hard-working anti-terror forces who thaw numerous terror plots before they reach the public. Your safety is very fragile and depends on those "fear-mongering" forces who are out there actively controlling the risk for you so please don't take it for granted.
Canada is well prepared for an outbreak. Things learned by the SARS outbreak.

"The public health landscape in Canada has changed dramatically since the SARS outbreak, says Dr. Ross Upshur of the Dalla Lana School of Public Health in Toronto. At the national level, “the machinery has been put in place for Canada to be well prepared,” he says. Canada now has a national public health agency and a federal–provincial–territorial council to coordinate emergency public health response, as well as pan-Canadian agreements on information sharing and mutual aid. There are also “far more health professionals trained in public health and far more lab capacity,” now than in 2003, according to Upshur."

https://www.cmaj.ca/content/192/7/E171

In fact, Canadians are more concerned about you guys. Didn't Trump get rid of your pandemic team?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...t-prepared-it/

Last edited by Natnasci; 02-28-2020 at 08:13 PM..

Old 02-28-2020, 08:28 PM

7,301 posts, read 13,508,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
Canada is well prepared for an outbreak. Things learned by the SARS outbreak.

"The public health landscape in Canada has changed dramatically since the SARS outbreak, says Dr. Ross Upshur of the Dalla Lana School of Public Health in Toronto. At the national level, “the machinery has been put in place for Canada to be well prepared,” he says. Canada now has a national public health agency and a federal–provincial–territorial council to coordinate emergency public health response, as well as pan-Canadian agreements on information sharing and mutual aid. There are also “far more health professionals trained in public health and far more lab capacity,” now than in 2003, according to Upshur."

https://www.cmaj.ca/content/192/7/E171

In fact, Canadians are more concerned about you guys. Didn't Trump get rid of your pandemic team?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...t-prepared-it/
He did

Old 02-28-2020, 09:06 PM

874 posts, read 453,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HandsUpThumbsDown View Post
Definitely don't listen to CDC.
definitely run and get your information from some person on YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tencent
"uneducated ignorant hillbilly Boomers from the countryside in China that have zero hygiene."

see that sign.....

Now it says: Scarpaci & 雙雀雨雉雹

They took over Bensonhurst.

Let’s talk about Bensonhurst alone.
…are these folk here on a visa ? how long are they going to be staying and live
this existence of rummaging through homeowners' & business owners & gas stations,
alleyways, and The "Corner" City of NY garbage pails? There are 2 types: the
ones that garbage-dump everyday, and SOME, who have homes/live in nice
apartments [that Italian people sold to them] take afternoon strolls
(hands fastened behind their backs) – and while strolling,
stop and open up “2 blocks worth” of people’s garbage pails only to come up with
1-2 soda cans or plastic bottles. Today’s stroll netted this woman: 1 (small) plastic
bottle...she’s “one of them too.”

Quote:
“Ignorant hillbilly Boomers from the countryside in China that have zero hygiene.”

…and it’s NOT being mean-spirited, or insensitive, or
making fun of someone. WHY can’t we call a spade a spade?

Brrrrr. (it's called culture clash). This woman...one of the worse cases I’ve seen for like 2 years now. schivoso.
these houses, they have "running water, showers & baths."

Cats keep themselves cleaner……………

Quote:
"Definitely don't listen to CDC. definitely run and get your information from some person on YouTube…"

…make no mistake, IT’S ALL TRUE Bro………………

The Dept of Immigration & Naturalization SEE who they wave in here, except: You, nancy pelosi,
joe biden, bernie sanders, not to mention, the governor, the mayor, et al , etc...in America:

"Youse" live in some other world

They would be horrified…………..[their *ingenious invention*]

Old 02-28-2020, 09:23 PM

34,010 posts, read 47,240,427 times
Damn, you worked on this one too

This is one of your best ones

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 02-29-2020, 04:16 AM

16,028 posts, read 6,831,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Werdywerd View Post
So far, 14,000 people have died and 250,000 people have been hospitalized during the USA 2019-2020 flu season, according to preliminary estimates from the CDC.Feb 14, 2020

Don't let the hype get to you...
Look at the above numbers and think about all of the people who don't even get the annual flu shot. Coronavirus is just a different strain of the influenza and a vaccine is already being tested for it.
Opinion:

My dog had the Corona Virus many many years ago.
It was from drinking contaminated water. My wife and
I nurtured him back to health. He is alive and well. A
recent vet visit labeled him as healthy for his years.

It is true. It is a strain similar to the flu.
Global hype by foreign powers in an attempt to
strike fear and destabilize our economy.

We will return to normal as soon as the
ding dongs take their worry pills and calm down.

Old 02-29-2020, 07:02 AM

2,691 posts, read 4,328,482 times
People do not wash their hands properly. I repeat people DO NOT WASH THEIR HANDS PROPERLY. Add to that they are constantly touching their face, eyes, mouths with unclean hands. Pay attention to the amount of times you see people rubbing their eyes, mouths etc, eating without washing hands beforehand...and the ever disgusting: only doing a “water rinse” after taking a s***.

There is a correct way to wash your hands and everyone should be doing it, Coronavirus or not.

https://www.cdc.gov/handwashing/when...ndwashing.html

Keep this in mind and you’ll reduce your risk greatly of getting sick from it and/or many viruses.

Other than that, I’ve stocked up on hand sanitizer because- well - PEOPLE DONT WASH THEIR HANDS PROPERLY.

Old 02-29-2020, 08:31 AM

874 posts, read 453,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Damn, you worked on this one too-This is one of your best ones

Whew… I need a break…..

…and gotta run some errands…..

Old 02-29-2020, 10:19 AM

7,759 posts, read 3,879,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jad2k View Post
People do not wash their hands properly. I repeat people DO NOT WASH THEIR HANDS PROPERLY. Add to that they are constantly touching their face, eyes, mouths with unclean hands. Pay attention to the amount of times you see people rubbing their eyes, mouths etc, eating without washing hands beforehand...and the ever disgusting: only doing a “water rinse” after taking a s***.

There is a correct way to wash your hands and everyone should be doing it, Coronavirus or not.

https://www.cdc.gov/handwashing/when...ndwashing.html

Keep this in mind and you’ll reduce your risk greatly of getting sick from it and/or many viruses.

Other than that, I’ve stocked up on hand sanitizer because- well - PEOPLE DONT WASH THEIR HANDS PROPERLY.
I wash my hands vigorously multiple times a day and still got Flu earlier this month.

Washing your hands is not going to prevent exposure from viral particles floating in the air.

Old 02-29-2020, 10:42 AM

2,077 posts, read 1,122,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tencent View Post
I wash my hands vigorously multiple times a day and still got Flu earlier this month.

Washing your hands is not going to prevent exposure from viral particles floating in the air.

My favorite sanitizing measure is the recent Dyson hand blowers in public washrooms.

What an improvement over the regular magic eye blowers...

You stick your hands from above, in a narrow space where you can hardly avoid touching the stupid dirty machine, you get air blown up in your face with droplets of all kinds of germs from hundreds of strangers.

Those stupid Dyson machines are just as bad as their stupid inefficient, and outrageously expensive vacuum cleaners.

There. I feel better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City